The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 August 2019, 01:01 AM   #61
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn345 View Post
What’s not to like?? Attachment 1064178

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats the one i would pick. Love that watch. The ROC is a beautiful watch as well, but i really like the reverse panda VC. Tried it on once, almost bought it
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 04:42 AM   #62
holdtime
Banned

Left. But VC .is very nice pice.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 09:42 AM   #63
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
No contest: AP ROC all day
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 03:30 PM   #64
ROA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Chrono vs Chrono - VC for me
ROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2019, 08:23 PM   #65
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5164A
VC wins hands down in this case
Toffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 06:20 PM   #66
LvingInaShed
"TRF" Member

AP for me..
LvingInaShed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2020, 09:30 PM   #67
Actualizer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726 by far !
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd View Post
missed the point. The guy criticizing the roc as not a serious chronograph because it did not have an in-house movement and had bought the vc chrono instead. Problem was it was the version with the same movement as the roc. I have no issues with the vc.
lmao :)
Actualizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 01:08 AM   #68
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
So interesting how people really get miffed when someone doesn’t like their watch.

But at the same time no one cares what anyone else thinks.

Personally, I’m wearing a VC overseas dual time right now. This watch got panned when it came out. I love it. And oddly enough, the latest reviews are fantastic. Interesting footnote that I fully admit I care what other think (I might be the only one) and the switch from good reviews to bad don’t effect my feelings over the piece.

And no one has really mentioned that the VC has the quick swap bracelet and the WR is far superior. Two enormous factors for me. I also can’t tell the difference between the finishing from one brand to the next.

That all said, I’d love to have either chrono. They are both stunning watches. Both legendary and both at the top of the watch game.

But people have to say things like “all day every day” or “by a mile” as it makes them feel better about their preference.

Jeeze. Weird.

I’m heading into the city shortly. Hoping to return with a new AP.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 02:27 AM   #69
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Some like vanilla ice cream some like chocolate. That conversation as well as this one will always go around in circles.

Granted the AP is an iconic design, but if you divulge a little deeper you realize that the Vacheron internals surpass AP. The movement is more durable and more refined in finishing. The Vacheron has a higher waterproof rating for those days in the water. The option of 3 quick change straps gives you three different watches in one.

Though I have chosen and have the 3rd generation blue dial VC chrono, I would still grab the AP for the collection.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 06:55 AM   #70
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
So interesting how people really get miffed when someone doesn’t like their watch.

But at the same time no one cares what anyone else thinks.

Personally, I’m wearing a VC overseas dual time right now. This watch got panned when it came out. I love it. And oddly enough, the latest reviews are fantastic. Interesting footnote that I fully admit I care what other think (I might be the only one) and the switch from good reviews to bad don’t effect my feelings over the piece.

And no one has really mentioned that the VC has the quick swap bracelet and the WR is far superior. Two enormous factors for me. I also can’t tell the difference between the finishing from one brand to the next.

That all said, I’d love to have either chrono. They are both stunning watches. Both legendary and both at the top of the watch game.

But people have to say things like “all day every day” or “by a mile” as it makes them feel better about their preference.

Jeeze. Weird.

I’m heading into the city shortly. Hoping to return with a new AP.
I agree the finishing is all pretty similar, but whereas the VC does have the lovely quick changeover system and extra straps with it, the AP RO does have the wonderfully sheened RO bracelet which is really above any other HH brand's. I prefer the ROO range myself but I do love the RO bracelet, wish a 44 version would resemble that sleek design and not the 42's bulky one.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 07:35 AM   #71
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I agree the finishing is all pretty similar, but whereas the VC does have the lovely quick changeover system and extra straps with it, the AP RO does have the wonderfully sheened RO bracelet which is really above any other HH brand's. I prefer the ROO range myself but I do love the RO bracelet, wish a 44 version would resemble that sleek design and not the 42's bulky one.
Agree that the RO bracelet is mesmerizing. And provides reason alone to purchase.

Old 2 February 2020, 10:12 AM   #72
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

As an all around watch, I pick VC.
EdwardC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2020, 05:27 PM   #73
A971
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I do not like the overseas design and probably never will. I would opt for the more recent AP ROC panda dial. White with black subdials.

The new 38mm ROC is incredible.

Stuck on a waitlist, and it hurts...

I went to the boutique in Ginza and they wouldn’t even take a deposit. I think I looked pretty dejected... They gave me a snow globe.

A971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2020, 11:46 AM   #74
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
That VC Overseas is a beauty. I am partial to AP but never saw a VC in person. I have no v
VC dealers in my area and would sure like to put one on my wrist to check it out. The price point is more reasonable than AP but not sure how well they retain their value.
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2020, 05:40 PM   #75
MikeMike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Personally, I’m wearing a VC overseas dual time right now. This watch got panned when it came out. I love it. And oddly enough, the latest reviews are fantastic.
When the watch was released VC was cold as a brand. Even if a reviewer liked the watch, they would often mention the Overseas is overpriced. Now that VC is doing quite well and the Overseas line is doing excellent, all reviews are generally very positive and there is no mention of the Overseas being overpriced. It is funny how these things go
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2020, 06:27 PM   #76
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
Personally I prefer the ROC to the VCOC (and bought accordingly) I find the VC a little big and I'm not 100% sold on the blue in chrono form. I prefer the AP bracelet too

Having said that I'm leaning towards a blue three hand VCO for my next watch.

The overseas range is stunning, quick change strap system is awesome and that blue dial....
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 12:45 AM   #77
jamerson80
"TRF" Member

I have the 41 mm RO chrono in blue and the VC Overseas also with blue dial. I appear to be in the minority here but find finishing to be equal, and think the VC bracelet is actually SUPERIOR to the AP. When I look at the AP, I get the feeling the shiny links end up skewing opinion in much the same way my wife's eyes light up when she sees a watch bezel adorned with diamonds. Both are great, but I don't think one is far superior than the other .

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
jamerson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 01:18 AM   #78
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Can you post these two side by side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerson80 View Post
I have the 41 mm RO chrono in blue and the VC Overseas also with blue dial. I appear to be in the minority here but find finishing to be equal, and think the VC bracelet is actually SUPERIOR to the AP. When I look at the AP, I get the feeling the shiny links end up skewing opinion in much the same way my wife's eyes light up when she sees a watch bezel adorned with diamonds. Both are great, but I don't think one is far superior than the other .

Old 4 February 2020, 01:57 AM   #79
jamerson80
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
Can you post these two side by side?
Absolutely, will do when I get home later today.

Old 4 February 2020, 02:05 AM   #80
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
Quote:

I own a ROC and in the past had a VC49140. I love the look of the AP bracelet better, but I found the VC bracelet to be quite a bit more comfortable due to its flexibility.

srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 07:29 AM   #81
jamerson80
"TRF" Member

Pics as promised. Again, both are phenomenal pieces, and I am happy to own both. Going back to the VC bracelet, I recall hearing or reading somewhere that the finishing approach to get the polish on the maltese cross of the bracelet is actually difficult to do. There is more sheen on the AP for sure, but I don't think that equates to being a superior product.

Love how the VC dial plays with light as well.

Old 4 February 2020, 07:44 AM   #82
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Pics as promised. Again, both are phenomenal pieces, and I am happy to own both. Going back to the VC bracelet, I recall hearing or reading somewhere that the finishing approach to get the polish on the maltese cross of the bracelet is actually difficult to do. There is more sheen on the AP for sure, but I don't think that equates to being a superior product.

Love how the VC dial plays with light as well.

Great pair! I have the 26331 too (white panda) and would like to add a VC at some point. Given both have pretty rigid end links and some bracelet flare how do you find they wear? Does the VC wear any smaller and do the different interchangeable straps wear much differently or are they all pretty rigid around the case area?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 4 February 2020, 08:33 AM   #83
jamerson80
"TRF" Member

I think the VC is bracelet shrinks a bit more than the AP when on the wrist (doesnt wear as big). Pics attached.

The rubber and leather bands fit even better, as to be expected.

Side by side shot to show how the bracelet flares a bit more narrowly for the VC.

Old 4 February 2020, 08:46 AM   #84
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the pictures. Now I really need to figure out what direction I'm going.
Old 4 February 2020, 08:19 PM   #85
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think the VC is bracelet shrinks a bit more than the AP when on the wrist (doesnt wear as big). Pics attached.

The rubber and leather bands fit even better, as to be expected.

Side by side shot to show how the bracelet flares a bit more narrowly for the VC.

Thanks for those shots. Really great to see them side by side. Feels like the VC is more versatile for sure as it wears a little smaller and has the different strap and bracelet options. Would make a great do-it-all watch.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 5 February 2020, 12:48 AM   #86
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

AP is my favourite watch brand. And in this scenario I picked the VC.

The VC finishing is on par with AP. Anyone who says AP is better or in a different league must be biased. VC isn't Rolex and it shows.

The quick strap change system is amazing and gives the watch more versatility and vastly different looks. Also the metal bracelet has a simple micro adjustment system that you can open/close as your wrist expands and contracts in hot or cold weather.

The blue VC dial pops and appears quite different in different lighting.

Ultimately it should come down to personal preference. I picked the VC Chrono blue dial for the larger size, the quick change straps and of course that amazing blue.
Old 7 February 2020, 04:57 AM   #87
tmcde
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vacheron,Audemars,
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Well, you're on an AP forum, so these opinions don't surprise me, but I've seen both these models in the metal and much prefer the VC. It's a more beautiful, cleaner design, and the finishing is stunning. (Not sure why some people say the AP finishing is higher-end. I didn't see it that way at all.)

I find the tapestry dial on the AP, off-center date window to the hour markers, and all those bezel screws to be way too busy. The VC has a more classic, old-school feel to it and a more aesthetically pleasing balance, especially to the date window and subdials. I also prefer the bracelet design, and with the quick-change rubber and gator strap options, it's no contest. All subjective, of course.

I own the new VC Overseas non-chrono with the blue dial, and love the whole line, although the slightly bigger size of the chrono versions was the reason I stuck with the non-chrono.
I have both, and i like the VC it's stunning on. And I've had more comments (from non watch people) not meant to be derogatory.. Nice Watch
tmcde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2020, 01:05 AM   #88
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

I have a few APs in gold 15400 and a ss white dial Roc, I brought the overseas ultra thin for Christmas and I have to say I think they are on par with its finishes, the ap is more shinier but not higher in quality. The vc is smooth as silk and I really been enjoying, as of now a little bit more then my APs. Also the vc braclet has easy pull micro adjustment which APs don't.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2020, 08:59 AM   #89
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

I typically wear my VC on rubber.

It’s on the bracelet right now. Had fun with it all weekend.

The micro adjustment on the bracelet is incredible.

Old 10 February 2020, 11:10 AM   #90
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Stick to the classics.