The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 August 2019, 09:28 PM   #31
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
And now be prepared the World Timers will surge

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2019, 09:45 PM   #32
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
This all works now because altho the vast majority of their fans can't afford a Rolex never mind a PP, there is a whole new audience for them, the rich kids and influencers of Insta, and they need the rappers to take their cool cues from, so Pateks get known by everyone but still can only be bought by the privileged, a win win all round and the price goes to the moon.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2019, 10:19 PM   #33
Jamie1111
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Of course they would get preference, way of the world. Your boxer must have been featherweight or something

Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jamie1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 02:08 AM   #34
np2016
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP,
I prefer the old days when Patek was a stealth brand without all the celebrity rapper limelight.
np2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 02:09 AM   #35
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
This all works now because altho the vast majority of their fans can't afford a Rolex never mind a PP, there is a whole new audience for them, the rich kids and influencers of Insta, and they need the rappers to take their cool cues from, so Pateks get known by everyone but still can only be bought by the privileged, a win win all round and the price goes to the moon.

Exactly
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 02:20 AM   #36
Codik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by np2016 View Post
I prefer the old days when Patek was a stealth brand without all the celebrity rapper limelight.

Same. And you could actually buy the watch you wanted.
Codik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2019, 08:42 PM   #37
soran
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codik View Post
Same. And you could actually buy the watch you wanted.
That brand is now Vacheron Constantin
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 01:54 AM   #38
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soran View Post
Sorry to break it to you seems like the rapper Rick Ross already discovered Vacheron:

"Vacheron on my wrist a year ago
I didn't even know the b**** exist
Quarter milli for the m*******
No insurance on the m*******
Ain't life a b***?"
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 02:53 AM   #39
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by soran View Post
Only prob with that is you have to buy a Vacheron and I know very few people who find the overseas attractive.
Old 6 August 2019, 04:03 AM   #40
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Only prob with that is you have to buy a Vacheron and I know very few people who find the overseas attractive.
The overseas is on an upward trend. I've seen the blue dial go for MSRP used. An AD I have a great relationship with only offered me ~10% off and I've heard others be offered no discount at all.

Don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near the hype/scarcity of a 5711 or 15400. But, for VC this is a big step in a positive direction. Not sure I'm attributing this popularity to Rick Ross though...

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 04:55 AM   #41
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
The overseas is on an upward trend. I've seen the blue dial go for MSRP used. An AD I have a great relationship with only offered me ~10% off and I've heard others be offered no discount at all.

Don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near the hype/scarcity of a 5711 or 15400. But, for VC this is a big step in a positive direction. Not sure I'm attributing this popularity to Rick Ross though...
That is good to hear. I respect everything about the new overseas line in terms of quality of build I will just never like the design. Many feel the same about the royal oak I suppose.
Old 6 August 2019, 05:06 AM   #42
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:
That is good to hear. I respect everything about the new overseas line in terms of quality of build I will just never like the design. Many feel the same about the royal oak I suppose.

to each there own
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 04:56 PM   #43
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post

The Overseas (and VC in general) has been on an upward trend for the last couple of years. For all the love for Lange on this (and other forums) it is actually VC leading the way for Richemont.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 11:28 PM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
The Overseas (and VC in general) has been on an upward trend for the last couple of years. For all the love for Lange on this (and other forums) it is actually VC leading the way for Richemont.
I know it’s not their niche but Lange has completely shit the bed not offering a sport watch. I have no idea how they are profitable. Every time I’ve been to the boutique it’s empty and never seen anyone at the display at ADs either.

In fact I have seen them offered at 30% off at a major AD during a Christmas sale!
Old 7 August 2019, 12:10 AM   #45
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know it’s not their niche but Lange has completely shit the bed not offering a sport watch. I have no idea how they are profitable. Every time I’ve been to the boutique it’s empty and never seen anyone at the display at ADs either.

In fact I have seen them offered at 30% off at a major AD during a Christmas sale!
Wow, 30%? Most ADs only offer around 15% but that was me checking a few years back. Everyone loves Lange but no one really buys them. I had 2 and they were near impossible to sell.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 07:19 AM   #46
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
patek and hip hop / rap culture - neat

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-c...graph-2861668/

...^^^.... Robb Report article: Drake Trades His NSFW Richard Mille Watch for a Family-Friendly Patek Philippe Aquanaut

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 07:33 AM   #47
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
...^^^.... Robb Report article: Drake Trades His NSFW Richard Mille Watch for a Family-Friendly Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Pretty sure he has more than one watch, Robb Report!
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 07:33 AM   #48
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Who says Lange is profitable? :)

I have my doubts.

Richemont, in my opinion, mishandles some of their brands.
Old 7 August 2019, 09:48 AM   #49
TJMike
Banned

Quote:

It would not shock me (and I have been told that it is indeed the case) that Lange is not profitable and is "subsidized" by the profits made by Cartier.

There was a more than credible rumor (including people, who have no reason to lie, saying that they had seen photos) that Lange is/was planning on releasing a sports watch. But other people, who talked to the higher-ups at Lange, claim that Lange will not be rleasing a sports watch. In other words, who the hell knows。
Old 7 August 2019, 09:52 AM   #50
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It would not shock me (and I have been told that it is indeed the case) that Lange is not profitable and is "subsidized" by the profits made by Cartier.

There was a more than credible rumor (including people, who have no reason to lie, saying that they had seen photos) that Lange is/was planning on releasing a sports watch. But other people, who talked to the higher-ups at Lange, claim that Lange will not be rleasing a sports watch. In other words, who the hell knows。
i heard similar at there ALS boutique run by both wempe and harrods in London. They indicated last year was particularly bad.

Richmont would be smart to keep them going as it gives credibility to some of the other brands. You cant be a major luxury watch brand and only own the mid levels. Im not counting Cartiers super high end watchmaking as less people buy that than Lange. At least Reichmont can compete in prestige with Patek and AP with at least one brand

IWC is similar to Cartier too, its a mess. they have some killer complications diluted by the mainstream offerings. At least ALS knows what they are. Come to think about it most of their brands do that. Panerai makes 6 figure complications too and 4k watches also. Drives me crazy when you have a spread that big between high end and entry level for the same brand. Makes buying a high end piece a non starter
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 09:57 AM   #51
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i heard similar at there ALS boutique run by both wempe and harrods in London. They indicated last year was particularly bad.

Richmont would be smart to keep them going as it gives credibility to some of the other brands. You cant be a major luxury watch brand and only own the mid levels. Im not counting Cartiers super high end watchmaking as less people buy that than Lange. At least Reichmont can compete in prestige with Patek and AP with at least one brand

IWC is similar to Cartier too, its a mess. they have some killer complications diluted by the mainstream offerings. At least ALS knows what they are
Before we get into a fight, Richemont own VC; a high-end brand!!! :)
Old 7 August 2019, 10:01 AM   #52
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Before we get into a fight, Richemont own VC; a high-end brand!!! :)
true. I think VC seems to be doing OK though. I like ALS a ton and VC and most of the reichmont brands. I just cant stand the idea that using Rolex as a benchmark one brand being simultaneously below, level with, and above Rolex in watchmaking if that makes sense. IWC, Panerai, Cartier, etc fit that description. They start below, then get level with their core collections, and go way above with the high complications. Its weird as you cant classify them as anything because they are everything and the lower end offerings is what they get pinned with.

I love the IWC big pilot for example so why would i buy a PC for way more when a BP is already considered overpriced vs their 3k watches? Its not overpriced, but their non in house entry pieces make it look that way. Rolex was smart having Tudor as a standalone brand, not Rolex light which is what reichmont does with their brands
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 7 August 2019, 10:04 AM   #53
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
true. I think VC seems to be doing OK though. I like ALS a ton and VC and most of the reichmont brands. I just cant stand the idea that using Rolex as a benchmark one brand being simultaneously below, level and above Rolex if that makes sense. IWC, Panerai, Cartier, etc fit that description
From what I have been told (and it could always be BS) and from what Richemont itself have said on their annual reports, VC is doing well. There has been a large turnaround in the last 2+ years.

Edit: I agree with you on the Rolex benchmark thing. I would give Cartier a pass because watches are not their main source of income (although they make some great watches).
Old 7 August 2019, 12:54 PM   #54
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Wow, 30%? Most ADs only offer around 15% but that was me checking a few years back. Everyone loves Lange but no one really buys them. I had 2 and they were near impossible to sell.
Lilenquist and beckstead Tyson’s corner. Select watches not the whole case. Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Who says Lange is profitable? :)

I have my doubts.

Richemont, in my opinion, mishandles some of their brands.
You’re probably correct. Mark my words they will be forced to introduce a sports watch. They are way too late though. Missed a golden opportunity.

Quote:

Let’s hope they do! At least that’s what I want
Old 7 August 2019, 02:11 PM   #55
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You’re probably correct. Mark my words they will be forced to introduce a sports watch. They are way too late though. Missed a golden opportunity.
Agreed, agreed.
Old 7 August 2019, 09:58 PM   #56
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Agreed, agreed.
A sports chrono with open caseback would be a helluva thing.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2019, 01:46 AM   #57
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
A sports chrono with open caseback would be a helluva thing.
Hell yes. Make it steel and price it around 40-50k and you might have something. It would prob kill sales of the dato but then again I don't think they are selling enough of them anyways.
Old 8 August 2019, 04:29 AM   #58
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou? View Post
Guys, it's no rumor that they'll release a sport watch by the end of the year. It's been confirmed by both top-level lange collectors and people who are close to the brand, it's also confirmed by the munich boutique

Sometimes I question if people are really into watches if they're not even up-to-date by months old informations.

A rumor that is cruising the web since quite some time is that lange has a profit assumption agreement with montblanc.
Old 8 August 2019, 04:57 AM   #59
martinr
"TRF" Member

Gotta love a guy that’s just joined the forum and wants to set everyone straight by being critical and talking about a rumor that only he’s heard. Funny guy is right.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2019, 05:02 AM   #60
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou? View Post
Guys, it's no rumor that they'll release a sport watch by the end of the year. It's been confirmed by both top-level lange collectors and people who are close to the brand, it's also confirmed by the munich boutique

Sometimes I question if people are really into watches if they're not even up-to-date by months old informations.

A rumor that is cruising the web since quite some time is that lange has a profit assumption agreement with montblanc.
how would we know?... you only have 2 posts.

do tell us more please