The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 November 2018, 12:51 AM   #1
VFA
"TRF" Member

Which high end watches feature both an annual/perpetual calendar and dual time/GMT?

I think these are the most useful complications. Would be nice to have them both in one watch. Skydweller comes to mind. What else?

What complications do you find the most useful?
VFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 02:13 AM   #2
PJ S
Banned

Ulysse Nardin does in the sporty El Toro, and the regular GMT Perpetual.
DeWitt has one too in their Arcadia line, and Cuervo Y Sobrinos did a very LE – but both will be far more expensive than the UNs.
Not sure if either has a movement like UN’s, which allows the wearer to adjust the date back and forward without damaging the movement. Handy if you travel across time zones.

Piaget 45 Polo, Emperador (discontinued) and Gouverneur PC have a Dual Time Zone display.
Gerald Genta Arena PC is yet another option, and like the UNs, can be had cheaply, compared to the original RRP.
Somewhat slightly different is the AP JA Metropolis PC, which has a WT rather than a GMT function, and if quartz isnt a barrier, then Citizen Campanola.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 02:18 AM   #3
mhunt1014
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
DeWitt has one too in their Arcadia line, and Cuervo Y Sobrinos did a very LE – but both will be far more expensive than the UNs.
Not sure if either has a movement like UN’s, which allows the wearer to adjust the date back and forward without damaging the movement. Handy if you travel across time zones.
I've been hearing a lot of great things from friends who swear by Ulysse Nardin.
mhunt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 02:21 AM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFA View Post
I think these are the most useful complications. Would be nice to have them both in one watch. Skydweller comes to mind. What else?

What complications do you find the most useful?
TBH i dont see a lot with that combo but i like it. I dont think knowing its a tuesday is really a useful complication though or what week of the year it is as on some PC's.

Besides the date i better know what day the week and what month it is as otherwise if i dont, i probably also left my watch on the roof of my car , forgot about it, drove off, and its now gone.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 02:59 AM   #5
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Richard Mille 11-02
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 03:13 AM   #6
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Blancpain Villaret
Skydweller

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 07:56 AM   #7
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunt1014 View Post
I've been hearing a lot of great things from friends who swear by Ulysse Nardin.
I was just looking at pics of my old UN Blue Surf yesterday, was a really sharp watch with great detailing. PJ's El Toro is a great shout.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2018, 10:56 PM   #8
VFA
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Piaget 45 Polo, Emperador (discontinued) and Gouverneur PC have a Dual Time Zone display.
Gerald Genta Arena PC is yet another option, and like the UNs, can be had cheaply, compared to the original RRP.
Somewhat slightly different is the AP JA Metropolis PC, which has a WT rather than a GMT function, and if quartz isnt a barrier, then Citizen Campanola.
Great list with a lot of interesting watches.

The UN Ludwig Oechslin perpetual is the clear winner here. It puts every other perpetual calendar to shame. Except for Moser's. Its genius and so very practical. One negative about it is I think the movement is not completely in-house.

I like the piaget too but at 45 and 43 mm is a bit big. It is a very handsome watch in titanium and gold and with an in-house movement and very interesting dial layout it stands out.

One other watch I found is the cartier pasha

https://www.chrono24.com/cartier/pas...-id4844193.htm

Seems like only a handful of watches have these complications together. Is this all? Any others?
VFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2018, 08:54 PM   #9
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFA View Post
Great list with a lot of interesting watches.

The UN Ludwig Oechslin perpetual is the clear winner here. It puts every other perpetual calendar to shame. Except for Moser's. Its genius and so very practical. One negative about it is I think the movement is not completely in-house.

I like the piaget too but at 45 and 43 mm is a bit big. It is a very handsome watch in titanium and gold and with an in-house movement and very interesting dial layout it stands out.

One other watch I found is the cartier pasha

https://www.chrono24.com/cartier/pas...-id4844193.htm

Seems like only a handful of watches have these complications together. Is this all? Any others?
Cartier doesn’t have the month function so i doubt it is an annual calendar.

Out of all the suggestions by PJ S i think the ulysse nardin el toro the most interesting. it is not just a perpetual calendar but a very user friendly one ie all set using the crown n no pusher hence fool proof.

PJ S .. great suggestions as always!
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2018, 07:19 PM   #10
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The Piaget is a beautiful piece. I think it’s an under appreciated brand.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 01:59 AM   #11
Fabio Perissinotti
"TRF" Member

HELLO , I`M IN LOVE BY THE UN EL TORO , rose gold , what would be a good price to pay for it ?
Fabio Perissinotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 02:00 AM   #12
Fabio Perissinotti
"TRF" Member

Is there a good market for the reseller for the UN El Toro ?
Fabio Perissinotti is offline   Reply With Quote