The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 July 2018, 03:43 AM   #1
DVDA
"TRF" Member

Watch: THE Explorer
Purchasing Navitimer A23322 vs A13322

I am looking to purchase a navitimer with steel bracelet instead of leather. I have been leaning towards the A13322 simply because I like the dial placement but A23322 is newer and seems to be about the same price.

Therefore I was wondering what's the different between the two models aside from dial placement. Also what's the overall condenses on which is "better". Also I see A13320 " fighter" also but it looks identical to A3322, what's the difference?

Finding an excellent condition A13322 also appears to be tougher since they are older so A23322 might just be the default option, unless A13322 is the better choice.
Old 30 July 2018, 09:02 AM   #2
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Therefore I was wondering what's the different between the two models aside from dial placement.

Old Navitimer II specifications

Navitimer (2003) specifications

Quote:
Also I see A13320 " fighter" also but it looks identical to A13322, what's the difference?
The Breitling Navitimer "Breitling Fighters" (to give it its full name) was a special series released towards the end of the life of the Old Navitimer II ostensibly to raise funds to support Breitling's sponsorship of a team of World War II aircraft that became known as the "Breitling Fighters". The notable differences are that the watch has an all brushed finish (apart from the case back) and a special commemorative case back showing the aircraft of the team. The brushed finish is liked by many as it is in total contrast to the standard Navitimer that is often criticised for being to "blingy".

Breitling Navitimer "Breitling Fighters" specifications

I sold one recently and thought you might like looking over the photos.

Quote:
Also what's the overall condenses on which is "better".
Neither is really better, they are just different. Most would prefer the dial layout of the A23322 because it is more reminiscent of the original reference 806 Navitimer, but the lack of a quickset date function does put some off. If you can live with a manual wind watch without a date, and like something thinner than either of the three above, you might consider a vintage 806, of which the second generation reverse-panda dial version is still reasonably priced. There is also the 7806, which does have a date. Alternatively, there is the 81600 which dates from the mid-80s and has the same movement inside as the Omega Speedmaster Professional. Lastly is the later Navitimer 01, which has Breitling’s in-house movement, but is understandably more expensive.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2018, 09:55 AM   #3
DVDA
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the information I absolutely love the fighter pics and your listing. I am upset I didn't snatch it up. I think A13322 and A13320 are the right choices for me and I'll be on the look out for one as nice as yours.
Old 30 July 2018, 10:31 AM   #4
DVDA
"TRF" Member

What about A41322? That was after Fighter right?
Old 30 July 2018, 02:11 PM   #5
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Purchasing Navitimer A23322 vs A13322

Quote:
What about A41322? That was after Fighter right?

Yes and No. Those (1952 SE and 50th Anniversary seemingly share the same reference) are other special or limited series of the 40-43mm Navitimer around the time of the Fighters...as are the A35350 Navitimer Heritage, A23322 Navitimer AOPA, A23322U7 Navitimer Super Constellation, etc, etc, etc. They would all have their pros and cons. In the end, they all wear pretty similarly (albeit some are much thicker than others), so choose the dial layout, size and colour you like to narrow it down, and then look for watches that meet the criteria.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 07:21 PM   #6
rolexbrand
Banned

A41322 is a nice watch
rolexbrand is offline   Reply With Quote