The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 August 2018, 10:53 AM   #31
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
I mentioned in the other thread that having insurance for my jumbo gives me peace of mind, well worth the few hundred dollars I pay each year. Part of that peace of mind is that I’m less likely to do something dangerous, like fight for a watch.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2018, 12:20 PM   #32
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R G View Post
Listen, I am not interested in knowing how long you’ve been frequenting London etc etc.

This is my opinion, and I will state it. You have your option, so state it, but don’t quote me and tell me my statement is ridiculous.

I am well aware of the crime stats and for reference, myself and many I know all trot around London with seriously expensive wrist wear every day without issue, but it happens, regardless.

London is a great city, you’ll notice that I made reference to some of the inhabitants, not the location itself.

9 million people every day don’t get attacked, that’s correct, but the ones who wear expensive watches are ALL targets.

So, i guess it’s a little like you claiming that there are Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s being driven EVERYWHERE in Kensington. Clearly not, a tiny, tiny few who are, stand out from the rest, so you notice them more. A little like the criminals who notice the nice wrist wear on those out of the 9 million.

But thanks for your input.
+1 I agree. If you're going to wear an expensive watch and show case it freely, you'll be a target. $10,000+ is a lot of money to these thugs... I don't wear my watch with short sleeves no matter how safe my area is... It happens when you are least expected.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 12:35 AM   #33
N&M
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712+RO+3 Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
+1 I agree. If you're going to wear an expensive watch and show case it freely, you'll be a target. $10,000+ is a lot of money to these thugs... I don't wear my watch with short sleeves no matter how safe my area is... It happens when you are least expected.
It’s better to keep it in the store:)
N&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 12:41 AM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Very sorry to hear this, and I hope that your watch is recovered.

Glad you were seriously hurt either.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 12:48 AM   #35
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I totally agree with Rootbeer, I live in Yorkshire surrounded by countryside but I love visiting London, it’s one of the best cities in the world, according to ‘bestcities.org’ it’s ranked #1 and other websites have it ranked in the top 5 in the world.

I know a couple of people who’ve been mugged for their watches, one of the guys had a rose gold offshore stolen but his perfectly styled long blonde £100 haircut made him more of a target than his location.....imo.
So now we shouldn't be able to walk the streets safely with expensive haircuts? I understand that if people look polished and wealthy, they are a bigger target for crime, but they are paying taxes in order for police to create a safe environment.

That said, I agree with posts saying not to fight. Even if the victim wins, they could sustain permanent injury in the process.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2018, 05:00 AM   #36
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
So now we shouldn't be able to walk the streets safely with expensive haircuts? I understand that if people look polished and wealthy, they are a bigger target for crime, but they are paying taxes in order for police to create a safe environment.

That said, I agree with posts saying not to fight. Even if the victim wins, they could sustain permanent injury in the process.
I wasn’t saying that. Quite the opposite. I was saying in this instance the OP was in an area targeted primarily because of the high density of young wealth during the Summer months. As long a you’re aware of your surroundings there is no reason to feel insecure.
Old 27 August 2018, 05:23 AM   #37
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Happened to me in Barcelona last year, July 2017 with the AP Bartorelli Diver
I remember reading your post, did you ever get your watch back?
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 02:09 AM   #38
gaeleus
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear! Glad you are well. If any consolation, watch is replaceable but not your life. I understand both London and Barcelona are getting bad for watch theft. Unfortunately, these are different times we live in.
gaeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 04:46 PM   #39
kurgan999
"TRF" Member

Watch: ap bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Happened to me in Barcelona last year, July 2017 with the AP Bartorelli Diver

i dont want to be pain in the ass , i bought my ap in barca , and i keept it in my bag , put it on my wrist at the checkout gate at airport. u should know that is not safe to wear highend watch in barca. same for paris , london and other cities . :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kurgan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2018, 11:44 PM   #40
watchbowl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurgan999 View Post
i dont want to be pain in the ass , i bought my ap in barca , and i keept it in my bag , put it on my wrist at the checkout gate at airport. u should know that is not safe to wear highend watch in barca. same for paris , london and other cities . :(

What a silly statement

watchbowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#rolex #ap #audemars