The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 May 2018, 09:23 PM   #1
kached
Banned

JLC Master Control Q1548470 vs Glashute original senator hand date vs Nomos Club Dunk

Having trouble deciding which watch is the best looking here....Really leaning towards the JLC but I thought I would get other opinions to confirm what I think :D
Can you guys tell me what you know about these? And give me your opinions on how they look.

Also, Has anyone owned the JLC and can tell me about or post a pic of it on their hand? I'd like to see it in a natural setting,rather than in a glorified internet photograph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85ceffb9d7a15f494472f6e39f4fa394.jpg (132.1 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg n-q1548470-5.jpg (76.2 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg nomos-glashuette-club-automat-datum-dunkel-ref-774_8188_album.jpg (68.5 KB, 179 views)
kached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 12:28 AM   #2
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
I'd pick the JLC, big fan of the brand and they are a great movement manufacturer. The GO is nice, but I can't get over the two register 'owl eyes' look of the dial. Nomos is sharp and modern, but the movement doesn't seem at the same level as the JLC.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 01:15 AM   #3
McLovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC
I have a similar JLC, an ultra-thin. It has performed great since I bought it six years ago. No need for a service yet. The JLC and GO are on a different level from the Nomos. I do like Nomos a lot tho. The other 2 just look better. My pick would be JLC, but the GO is close.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 01:24 AM   #4
jh8cw
"TRF" Member

If you're a loupe and examine kind of guy, JLC hands down; think it beats out the crowd handedly when it comes down to finishing.

Every watch has its best angles/lighting. I'd advise you to examine the entire range before you make your choice! Later on, I can give you some angles/different lighting on my JLC MUT dial if you'd like.
jh8cw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 02:25 AM   #5
kached
Banned

I would love to see photos of your JLC!
Old 13 May 2018, 02:52 AM   #6
jh8cw
"TRF" Member

So, I had the tough choice of choosing between the black versus silver dial. I ended up with silver only because I've been meaning to alternate with another colored dial watch (the black dialed one, I was able to acquire via addy616, a reputable seller on rolexforums). If I were a 1-watch person, it would have been the black dial.

I apologize that I've only kept one picture of the black dialed one (which is more helpful to you), but none of these pictures have been taken with much care, so they really do represent the watches in their respective lightings. I took them very rapidly in the downtimes I've had (wanted to be discrete as to be not seen by others taking a wrist shot)!

Hope these pictures demonstrate what the watches look like in natural lighting and aid in your decision. You've a tough choice to make!

Edit: It appears I cannot post links until I've 10 posts. Will have to take a rain check!

Last edited by jh8cw; 13 May 2018 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: Cannot post links.
Old 13 May 2018, 03:21 AM   #7
kached
Banned

Thank you so much for the photos - I really think I'm going to settle with the black dial. It just looks so sleek yet subtle. Thanks again!
Old 13 May 2018, 03:42 AM   #8
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Based on looks alone, I like the GO best, followed by the JLC, and the Nomos is a very distant third. If the JLC didn't have the date, it might be my first choice as far as looks go. The GO has the best finishing, followed by the JLC, and the Nomos is, again, a very distant third. Of course prices likely follow that order as well. I'm just not a fan of the colors on the Nomos, which, in my opinion, make it looks like a very young or a very old person's watch.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2018, 04:45 AM   #9
jh8cw
"TRF" Member

I did a little bit more of research into the GO watches. I am going to retract what I said about JLC beating the finishing hands down (in re: movements). But statement is true versus Nomos.

It'll ultimately come down to how you feel about the watch overall. How does the watch add to your presence, your preference of dials and aesthetics. Also, you may wish to search GO versus JLC in this very forum to see previous debates!
Old 14 May 2018, 07:15 AM   #10
LINVS
Banned

I like the long second hand on the JLC.
LINVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 09:03 AM   #11
WatchinMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Saxonia Moonphase
Jlc>go>n
WatchinMD is offline   Reply With Quote