The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 May 2018, 12:42 PM   #1
AutoBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS Odysseus
Review: Monta Triumph

Today I had the great pleasure of taking delivery on a new, blue dial Monta Triumph. If you’re unfamiliar with the brand, they’re a microbrand that’s owned by the folks from Everest Straps, and their watches are the perfect example of their aesthetic: clean, legible, well finished and with tolerances that make it clear that this was a labor of love, not profit.

This is a watch to buy for the finish, period. The movement is common and reliable and the design is classic, if not original. But the fit and finish is incredible. The radial brushing on the bezel is a detail that’s subtle but killer, and definitely couldn’t have been easy what with only 500 made. The case is solid and tactical - this watch only has polished edges to flick the light, not reflect it back. And the band: that beautiful supple rubber from Everest is here, and the quality and heft just feels so good when you strap it on. Top it off with a box as well made as Patek, and you’ll be scratching your head just like I was trying to figure out how the hell they pull this off for $1400 a watch.

Seriously guys, if this said IWC on the dial, there would be a waitlist everywhere and an article on Hodinkee’s front page. Do yourself a favor and snatch one up. They’re rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AutoBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 02:27 PM   #2
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
I agree with everything you have said. I have the bracelet for mine and it is also just as top notch as the case work. People need to open their eyes up, this brand is smashing the competition.

Congrats on it.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 02:07 PM   #3
AutoBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS Odysseus
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
I agree with everything you have said. I have the bracelet for mine and it is also just as top notch as the case work. People need to open their eyes up, this brand is smashing the competition.

Congrats on it.
Thanks - I saw the full line in person this week and was super impressed by their merchandising, too. These guys know what they're doing and they're not messing around. Totally rad.
AutoBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 12:48 AM   #4
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBay View Post
Thanks - I saw the full line in person this week and was super impressed by their merchandising, too. These guys know what they're doing and they're not messing around. Totally rad.
Agreed, I talked to them at the last Wind Up and they were the real deal.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 03:41 PM   #5
Breigue
"TRF" Member

The best micro brand at their price level. I don’t think I can find any watch at the $1500 range that can compete with the Monta Triumph.
Breigue is offline   Reply With Quote