ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 February 2018, 10:41 AM   #61
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Also have the 15300 at 39mm but used.
agree re: 15300 based on ur comments.

funny thing, when i first explored the 202 and 400, i tried on the steel version of the 450 and felt same way too...too small.
having worn the 42mm ROO, coming down 5mm+ definitely didn't feel/look right.

and even though my preference has now moved toward smaller size cases, i don't think I'd ever consider the 450 in steel (and not just cuz i already have the jumbo).

that all said, the same 450 in gold looks/feels completely different than its steel counterpart. the full gold bracelet and the sheer weight, to me, makes it a different watch altogether.

so here's another vote (plea!) for the 450...in YG

tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2018, 03:02 PM   #62
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
yep it is. Its the "lounge" technically. Its an appointment only boutique. That is where you need to go in the UK to get any boutique only model as well as most other hard-ish to get AP's.

Its in the alley near the Breitling boutique. Take a left at Breitling, a right on Avery Row, a left at watchfinder and you are there.

visual aide:

You boys had me convinced it was in the hood. It’s above a fine art gallery!
Old 29 March 2018, 12:23 AM   #63
Alan111
"TRF" Member

Bumping this thread because I am too in the same boat. It is impossible to decide!
Besides for the size comparison, I am so torn because I want a yellow gold AP. I have always been a yellow-gold person, but the 15400 is only available in rose gold. The 15400 in rose gold is magnificent, but I fear having a tough time adjusting to it.

The 15450 is available in yellow-gold, but seems anemic compared to the 15400. Also, I already have a DJ-36, so I'm really torn! It would have made my decision much easier if the 15400 was avaialble in yellow-gold. I then wouldn't have to go back and forth.

Also, I considered the 15202ba. My only gripe about it is the missing seconds hand. While the understated look is elegant, I've been too accustomed to looking for a seconds hand. The size though is perfect, as it slotted right between the 15400 and 15450. I'm probably going to end up with it, but only by process of elimination.
Alan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 01:05 AM   #64
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan111 View Post
The 15450 is available in yellow-gold, but seems anemic compared to the 15400.
hmm, not sure what u mean by this, but if possible u should try to see the 15450BA in person. "anemic" either by itself or in comparison (to the 15400 or other) is not a characterization that i think would at all be said about this piece.

15400 in full gold bracelet is going to be glorious. but be forewarned, that's going to be A LOT of gold bling on the wrist. not a bad thing, just be sure that that's what you want.

for me, the 15450BA was not only the right case size, but just the right discretion of gold bling. i had come off a DD36 in YG, and going any larger in full gold bracelet would've been too showy.

good luck with the hunt!
Old 29 March 2018, 01:28 AM   #65
Alan111
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn View Post
hmm, not sure what u mean by this, but if possible u should try to see the 15450BA in person. "anemic" either by itself or in comparison (to the 15400 or other) is not a characterization that i think would at all be said about this piece.

15400 in full gold bracelet is going to be glorious. but be forewarned, that's going to be A LOT of gold bling on the wrist. not a bad thing, just be sure that that's what you want.

for me, the 15450BA was not only the right case size, but just the right discretion of gold bling. i had come off a DD36 in YG, and going any larger in full gold bracelet would've been too showy.

good luck with the hunt!
Thanks for your input. I meant that the 15450 seems anemic as compared to the 15400... not anemic in general.

Thanks again for replying.
Alan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 02:35 AM   #66
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan111 View Post
Bumping this thread because I am too in the same boat. It is impossible to decide!
Besides for the size comparison, I am so torn because I want a yellow gold AP. I have always been a yellow-gold person, but the 15400 is only available in rose gold. The 15400 in rose gold is magnificent, but I fear having a tough time adjusting to it.

The 15450 is available in yellow-gold, but seems anemic compared to the 15400. Also, I already have a DJ-36, so I'm really torn! It would have made my decision much easier if the 15400 was avaialble in yellow-gold. I then wouldn't have to go back and forth.

Also, I considered the 15202ba. My only gripe about it is the missing seconds hand. While the understated look is elegant, I've been too accustomed to looking for a seconds hand. The size though is perfect, as it slotted right between the 15400 and 15450. I'm probably going to end up with it, but only by process of elimination.
I dont miss the secnods had at all. Its perfect without the seconds hand and as you put it, more elegant indeed. IF I want to see my watch 'tick' I put on a Rolex or Patek
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 03:19 AM   #67
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I'd choose the 15202, the 450 has a lot of bezel on that watch.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 04:04 AM   #68
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Felt obliged to share this
ur selling it?!?