The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 October 2020, 09:24 PM   #31
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Always wanted to go to an Omega Boutique. There's one in Northern VA I may get to check out next month. Is it true that they do not offer discounts at all?
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 12:54 AM   #32
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Always wanted to go to an Omega Boutique. There's one in Northern VA I may get to check out next month. Is it true that they do not offer discounts at all?
For most customers, it's no discounts. If you're a VIP, you may get something but not much.

I mainly purchase accessories from the OB though. They're great for that.

If you don't like the bracelet and want a strap on your watch. No problem, here's everything that will fit. If you don't like the current bracelet and want a different one. Here's the selection. If an accessory isn't stock. They'll order it for you to let you try on. The OB I go to is all about swapping bracelets and straps. They embrace it.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:21 AM   #33
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I got 6% and no tax when I bought my speedyeorite...really had to push hard for it though. It can be done but probably depends on the model and msrp.
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:57 AM   #34
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
I got 6% and no tax when I bought my speedyeorite...really had to push hard for it though. It can be done but probably depends on the model and msrp.
And it probably depends on location. I can't imagine that the NYC boutique on 5th Ave would give a discount. There's alot of rent to pay at that location. But I may be wrong.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 04:12 AM   #35
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Thanks for the feedback. The closest boutique to me is 90+ min on a good day so not planning on too many trips, but would love to see one in-person.

My AD handles both Omega and Rolex so I don't see purchasing anywhere else. I can get 15% there pretty reliably on Omega. I know some places offer more but I'm not a VIP or anything so I'll probably just stick with them.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 05:13 AM   #36
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. The closest boutique to me is 90+ min on a good day so not planning on too many trips, but would love to see one in-person.

My AD handles both Omega and Rolex so I don't see purchasing anywhere else. I can get 15% there pretty reliably on Omega. I know some places offer more but I'm not a VIP or anything so I'll probably just stick with them.
Never a bad idea to keep buying from the same people! But the OB experience is quite eye opening compared to customer treatment/experience at another brand's dealers.
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 10:32 AM   #37
cleansocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchernikoff View Post
The only Rolex Boutique I've come across is the one in Bellevue Washington. The door is locked, there's a security guard standing right there, no customers inside and 3 or 4 sales people all dressed to the nines (and this was before COVID). I was too intimidated to even go in, didn't want to get the hard sell or be sneered at for looking (like they do in the Rolex ADs - at least until I dropped some coin there). Now I'm probably being unfair to them since I didn't go in, so maybe they're as sweet as apple pie. But the vibe when you walk by was not welcoming. (But that's the same way with that entire mall, "The Bravern" -- aspiring to be snooty it seems!).

Too bad there aren't any near me in SF Peninsula, at least that I know of. There are chains like C&H that sell about 20 brands including Omega, but they don't seem to have a huge Omega selection, or at least not speedmasters.

-Dan
The Bravern boutique is Omega. And your instincts were right. They're snooty and unfriendly. I asked to see a watch and the lady stayed seated and told me, "it's over there." I asked if it is heavy or light and she didn't offer to get it out of the case. Just responded, "plus or minus."
cleansocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 11:53 AM   #38
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
And it probably depends on location. I can't imagine that the NYC boutique on 5th Ave would give a discount. There's alot of rent to pay at that location. But I may be wrong.
The OB on 5th Avenue in NYC is owned by Omega/Swatch Group and the management is top notch.

You won’t get a big discount... but the Omega enthusiast will be rewarded with special access to hard-to-get models (Snoopy) and invitations to special events.

I had a service/warranty issue a couple of weeks ago... and the management overruled the service department and immediately resolved the issue. Again, top notch service.

At the Rolex Boutique, that really can’t happen — as warranty/service support is Rolex and the RB is operated by a dealer.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 08:55 AM   #39
EGrunt
"TRF" Member

Just purchased an Omega Speedmaster Racing from my local OB today. I have given up on acquiring a Rolex GMT II or the elusive Daytona. This is my second Omega that I purchased from a OB. Always a pleasant experience and I will be a repeat customer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Omega 2.jpg (247.4 KB, 114 views)
EGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 09:01 AM   #40
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Nice watch!
Old 20 October 2020, 09:04 AM   #41
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
The OB on 5th Avenue in NYC is owned by Omega/Swatch Group and the management is top notch.

You won’t get a big discount... but the Omega enthusiast will be rewarded with special access to hard-to-get models (Snoopy) and invitations to special events.

I had a service/warranty issue a couple of weeks ago... and the management overruled the service department and immediately resolved the issue. Again, top notch service.

At the Rolex Boutique, that really can’t happen — as warranty/service support is Rolex and the RB is operated by a dealer.
I was there 3 times. Once to drop off my father's 1960 590 Seamaster for service. Ultimately Geneva couldn't service it. They returned it at no charge. While I was there I got to try on a couple of Speedmasters and Seamaster Diver Pro 300M. Nice SAs there. Very courteous.

Last week they called after I contacted them and asked them to put me on the waiting list for the Snoopy-50. The SA told me it would be no deposit and a 12-24 month wait which is fine by me. Hopefully they come through.
Old 21 October 2020, 07:12 AM   #42
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
I bought the previous generation Seamaster 300M in 2012 from my local OB that has now become a BOUTIQUE TOURBILLON. I had a great experience, got a 10% discount, and got my first service for free which was a $500 value. Way better experience than my last experience at the Rolex shop. That being said, the Rolex shop got me a SS Daytona and they could have sold it to me in a barn and I would have been thrilled.
Old 21 October 2020, 09:04 AM   #43
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

My initial experience in an Omega AD was not positive. The salesman was really pushing the whole "James Bond" angle on me and it wasn't working. The second time I went into an Omega boutique in Houston when I was at a conference I got a whole different vibe. Staff were welcoming, seemed interested in just talking watches. I was wearing my GMT-Master II at the time. We talked about Rolex, we talked about my Speedmaster, etc.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 09:04 AM   #44
Str8Ripon
"TRF" Member

Interesting.

Anyone think this may be Omega’s strategy long term to combat the grey market. Provide a great boutique experience, helpful for accessories/strap changes/other added value - encourage purchases direct from them. That combined with increased direct to consumer sales online can limit reliance on older brick and mortar stores which obviously in some cases have to be supplying the grey market and are probably not the way of the future from a consumer perspective. Already see it with allocation of desirable pieces being prioritized to the boutiques. Definitely don’t think we are talking in the next 5 years but seems to be a pretty big push from them recently.

I also don’t think it’s wise/necessary to try and emulate Rolex - not because I dislike Rolex or their business model - but because it will just never happen for a bunch of reasons. I know everyone hates car comparisons but BMW/Mercedes operate differently than Porsche/Ferrari - doesn’t mean both can’t serve the market successfully.
Str8Ripon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 10:02 AM   #45
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I think Omega wants to keep more of their special editions and sell through boutiques or online like the ST’s and Hodinkee Speedmaster while still selling normal production watches through all channels. They’re limiting allocations to AD’s for them and prioritizing the boutiques. Omega doesn’t want the price of their special edition watches BNIB selling for 30% off MSRP. Just my opinion.
texasmade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 12:19 AM   #46
Drdubzz
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58, BB36
Quote:
The Tysons Galleria location is really nice, I've had excellent service there
Old 28 October 2020, 12:20 AM   #47
hoppes-no9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdubzz View Post
The Tysons Galleria location is really nice, I've had excellent service there

Agreed
hoppes-no9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 08:05 AM   #48
map782
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppes-no9 View Post
Agreed
Same here. They are extremely nice and helpful.
map782 is offline   Reply With Quote