The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2019, 03:55 AM   #31
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
Thanks, Bas. Your comments on the 3235 lubrication issue validate that accuracy concerns can indeed indicate a movement problem and the owner should not be so quickly dismissed as having "OCD" or "CCTS".
Old 21 September 2019, 03:55 AM   #32
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Interesting thread. I had to send my my SD43 into RSC after it became slow by about 25 seconds/day. They fixed quickly and now running spot on. My 126660 -DSSD with same new movement now doing the same after 1 year. Was spot on, now slow by 30s/day, and will be sending in as well. Is this a serious issue or just a one-time adjustment? I hope it doesn’t become a long term problem where we are having to regulate every yr or two.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 04:04 AM   #33
cbiggs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Common issue with the 3235 and we've had a few in for warranty repairs since they came out... Very unfortunate.

Here's a link to my thread on doing a warranty repair on a DateJust 41 with the same movement.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=664616

Thanks for the info. It’s great having you around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cbiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 08:56 AM   #34
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Cog-Neeto View Post
Honestly, I am not trying to piss on anyone here, but i don’t honestly think I’d ever notice if my watch was fast or slow. I guess I look at each watch I have for a rough approximation of the time and that’s good enough

Perhaps I should just be more observant
This ^^^^
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:29 AM   #35
Muxi
"TRF" Member

I am for consistency. A little fast I don’t mind as long as it’s not erratic. But slow I am a bit miffed with.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:40 AM   #36
Rolex85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Cog-Neeto View Post
Honestly, I am not trying to piss on anyone here, but i don’t honestly think I’d ever notice if my watch was fast or slow. I guess I look at each watch I have for a rough approximation of the time and that’s good enough

Perhaps I should just be more observant

I agree with you. Mine is running slow. I check watches from time to time (pun intended) out of curiosity to see how they are doing but a few seconds either way does not bother me. If it was +- 20 seconds a day then I am sending it in. I am the same as I check my watches for approximate time. Plus with DLS adjustments I am resetting the watches every 6 months anyways.
Old 22 September 2019, 04:38 PM   #37
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
A little annoyed with my new SD43 as my Deepsea is right on the money averaging -0.2 sec/day for accuracy.

My SD43 is running about average -5 secs/day no matter which way I place it at night and worse if I actually wear it all night.

Got it in March so it is about 3 months old at this point and I wear it almost daily. I'd hate to take it in, however, its just noticeable to be annoying.

thoughts? wait a little more time?
Any update on this?
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 04:41 PM   #38
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

My SD43 is possibly the most accurate watch that I own.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 07:03 PM   #39
gunhose
Banned

Watch: what's on my wrist
Rolex is all about mass production. Quality control has taken a back seat ! R and D on this movement should have caught this minor problem in their state of the art labs.
gunhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 07:30 PM   #40
Xerxes77
Banned

Send it to RSC
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 03:06 AM   #41
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhose View Post
Rolex is all about mass production. Quality control has taken a back seat ! R and D on this movement should have caught this minor problem in their state of the art labs.
THATS IT

Everyone, stop buying Rolex.

They’ve clearly gone the way of the Fyre Festival

I for one will no longer be supporting such a shoddy brand

Imagine, something with over 100 moving parts going wrong occasionally

This will not be tolerated any more

Same for Tudor

Shocking
Old 23 September 2019, 03:23 AM   #42
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
A little annoyed with my new SD43 as my Deepsea is right on the money averaging -0.2 sec/day for accuracy.

My SD43 is running about average -5 secs/day no matter which way I place it at night and worse if I actually wear it all night.

Got it in March so it is about 3 months old at this point and I wear it almost daily. I'd hate to take it in, however, its just noticeable to be annoying.

thoughts? wait a little more time?

Mine runs slow to at any placement but usually runs -2 to -3sec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eijiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 03:25 AM   #43
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhose View Post
I am by no means a Rolex fan boy but I dont believe this idea. Most all are mass produced watches and with Omega stepping it up with a official METAS standard of accuracy and Rolex declaring a in-house +2/-2 standard, more attention has been focused on accuracy these days than ever before. I have extensively tested the new movement 3235 and 3285 in three different Rolex watches. All three have been noticeably more accurate than any of my previous Rolex models in the last 30 years. This is why I am constantly praising the new Rolex movement with finally getting ceramic rotor bearings, etc...
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 03:31 AM   #44
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
OP is your SD43 a ski or II? I ask because I initially purchased a MKI that was losing almost 10 seconds a day and I flipped it soon there after. Could not wrap my head around why I should have to service a brand new watch that should have come in perfect in the first place.

I now have a MKII and it is my most accurate current Rolex...< then -2sec a day.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 04:08 AM   #45
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
OP is your SD43 a ski or II? I ask because I initially purchased a MKI that was losing almost 10 seconds a day and I flipped it soon there after. Could not wrap my head around why I should have to service a brand new watch that should have come in perfect in the first place.

I now have a MKII and it is my most accurate current Rolex...< then -2sec a day.
Did you tell the buyer that your watch had a problem?

To the OP, I would not put up with this, even for 1 second. Have Rolex repair your watch.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 04:23 AM   #46
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Did you tell the buyer that your watch had a problem?
Sold to a gray and condition was completely disclosed and only received my $$$ after watch was received by them...besides it has a warranty right. Any other questions?

P.S. Did AD or Rolex disclose to me my Chronometer was not properly lubricated...I think not! Oh thats right it came with a warranty.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 04:30 AM   #47
Yipper69
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sd43
Mine was running spot on last year, 6-2018 when i 1st got it. Then over the last year it starting getting slower to -3 to -5 sec/day, almost 30 sec slow a week. i sent it in to rsc Last month and should have it back tomorrow via fedex. It took about 5 weeks total and all Rolex said is they’re doing a complementary service.
Yipper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 11:03 AM   #48
Fish220sr@aol.com
"TRF" Member

Send that baby back to Rolex Service.No way right off the bat is that type of performance acceptable.Rolex will repair the watch.You will be satisfied.Win.Win.
Fish220sr@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 12:04 AM   #49
Panych
"TRF" Member

After 4 days monitoring of the accuracy and amplitude the result is the following:
Average rate -1.5 s/day
Fully wound amplitude 260-270
After 24 hours 240-260

I think these are within the spec, no need to go to rsc
Panych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 01:42 AM   #50
24 nights
Banned

Watch: 43sd +Daytona's
Mine is, 2 yeas old and bought new. I took it to the AD and they said the amplitude was off and that it would probably cost me to send it in.
24 nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 01:58 AM   #51
cbiggs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 nights View Post
Mine is, 2 yeas old and bought new. I took it to the AD and they said the amplitude was off and that it would probably cost me to send it in.
It won't cost a dime. The watch is fully covered under warranty. You can always contact RSC directly or visit another AD to facilitate the service.
cbiggs is offline   Reply With Quote