The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 May 2019, 09:52 PM   #61
ppalasthira
Banned

Watch: SubC.5711.D500
Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ppalasthira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2019, 06:43 AM   #62
Aplover5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
What a beautiful watch and story! Congratulations
Aplover5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 03:55 AM   #63
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
great story....congratulations!
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 04:57 AM   #64
mile2424
"TRF" Member

Awesome! Love hearing stories like this. Almost like the barn find of the car world these days :)
mile2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:02 AM   #65
jets
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacsha00786 View Post
Been traveling quite a bit for work lately and I have made a habit of stopping by the local Rolex dealers every place I go. Yesterday I land in Fargo, ND and first thing I do is to look for a local Rolex dealer. I find two locations, one seemed like it had little to no activity and the other had decent reviews but didnt say if they carry Rolex watches or not.

Nonetheless, I decide to stop by the place that had decent reviews and meet a nice sales rep who tells me that they dont carry any Rolex models, but "they used to." He tells me to stop by the "other" place - that had no reviews - as they are new in town and I might have a better luck with them. I have 45 minutes before the other place was going to close, so I decide to go for it. Luckily, Fargo has little to no traffic so I get there within 15 minutes. I speak with the store manager and she tells me that they are having a grand opening on Saturday and they do have some sports watches. I look at their collection and they have TT Subs, No Date Subs, Milgauss, Datejust and even a 116519 but none of the watches I was looking for like the 126600, 126710blro or the 116500 white daytona.

Well just like everyone else, I give them my information and tell them to call me should they get any of them in stock, which I know they wouldnt. I am making my way out the store and I see the other sales rep talking to a guy and showing him the new 126600, one of the watches I had asked about. I go and stand next to them and pretend like I know nothing about the watch, trying to contain my excitement, and just curious to know what she has to say. I hear the guy going back and forth about the watch asking her to ship it to his other address so he can save taxes but she tells him Rolex has advised them not to do that and they could lose their license if they do. Luckily that was a deal breaker for the guy and he passes on the deal. The moment he leaves the store, I tell the sales rep that I will take the watch and I will suck it up and pay the local taxes even though I am not from there. So after much struggle and torture I was able to scoop this baby up!

The manager took longer removing the protective sticker off the watch than she did charging my credit card. "We must remove the stickers," she said. I didnt care as I am not looking to flip the watch or anything but dang it, I do like them stickers.

Good for you man I hope you enjoy it. Congrats!
Seiko SLA033 Willard · SKX007
jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:08 AM   #66
Cigarlvr07
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
all about being in right palace at the right time
Cigarlvr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:09 AM   #67
rlj676
"TRF" Member

People realize this is a 3 year old thread?

If this was a big win then imagine the odds now lol.
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 06:21 AM   #68
WatchesNBlondes
Banned

Haha, I read the info before actually seeing the watch. And then I looked at the time stamp and saw 2019. Which is of course a completely different environment than now. But still cool either way.
WatchesNBlondes is offline   Reply With Quote