The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 July 2019, 01:04 PM   #31
Romeojk
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Moving to Boston

Back Bay and Beacon Hill area are both great areas. Copley apartments are a great option as well, my daughters friends were there and loved it. My daughter has lived in Brookline and Brighton and recently moved to Cambridge. I think they might be too far out from where you want. We had a terrific realtor who was based in Somerville but has a team that covers the city. It’s my friends sons place and he took great care of us. PM me if you want his contact info, or let me know and I’ll PM you it.

I love Back Bay and up into the Fenway area. That area is great. Lots of apartments everywhere and you only have so much time. That’s pretty much what you pay the good real estate agents for, to steer you toward the great ones for your budget.

Good luck it’s a great city and good people.

I second the get together in Boston! (Even though I’m on the Cape, I’ll make the trek)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2019, 08:08 PM   #32
selpo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Back Bay and Beacon Hill area are both great areas. Copley apartments are a great option as well, my daughters friends were there and loved it. My daughter has lived in Brookline and Brighton and recently moved to Cambridge. I think they might be too far out from where you want. We had a terrific realtor who was based in Somerville but has a team that covers the city. It’s my friends sons place and he took great care of us. PM me if you want his contact info, or let me know and I’ll PM you it.

I love Back Bay and up into the Fenway area. That area is great. Lots of apartments everywhere and you only have so much time. That’s pretty much what you pay the good real estate agents for, to steer you toward the great ones for your budget.

Good luck it’s a great city and good people.

I second the get together in Boston! (Even though I’m on the Cape, I’ll make the trek)

Thank you for the info, will contact your Realtor.
selpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2019, 08:32 PM   #33
Zi Pie'
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one !
I would also suggest to look for the South End.
Zi Pie' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2019, 09:57 PM   #34
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
I lived in Beacon Hill while attending law school. Great area, accessible to all T lines (Blue, Red, Green, Silver and Orange line), plus walking distance to many sights and attractions, as well as the North End and China Town and Harbor. Beacon Hill would be my first choice, Back Bay area second. Happy to answer any questions as well.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2019, 10:01 PM   #35
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Pick someplace close to Tufts, where walking to school is an option when weather is nice but public transportation is still usable when it isn’t. He won’t need a car provided he’s close to the T, bu you don’t have to be far off of it to wish for a car in freezing weather.

If he’s open to living anywhere I’d also add the North End and Charlestown to the mix. North End is very safe, restaurants are off the chart (but he’s there to study), and Charlestown is very nice too. There have been a few movies painting Charlestown in a negative light, the Departed, for example. Like anywhere is has a few bad areas, but mostly it’s full of wealthy 30+ somethings.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 12:59 AM   #36
selpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zi Pie' View Post
I would also suggest to look for the South End.
Thank you, will add that to the list. Also, thank you for the PM, for some reason, cannot reply back but much appreciated.
Old 17 July 2019, 01:00 AM   #37
selpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
I lived in Beacon Hill while attending law school. Great area, accessible to all T lines (Blue, Red, Green, Silver and Orange line), plus walking distance to many sights and attractions, as well as the North End and China Town and Harbor. Beacon Hill would be my first choice, Back Bay area second. Happy to answer any questions as well.
Great info, many thanks!
Old 17 July 2019, 01:01 AM   #38
selpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
Pick someplace close to Tufts, where walking to school is an option when weather is nice but public transportation is still usable when it isn’t. He won’t need a car provided he’s close to the T, bu you don’t have to be far off of it to wish for a car in freezing weather.

If he’s open to living anywhere I’d also add the North End and Charlestown to the mix. North End is very safe, restaurants are off the chart (but he’s there to study), and Charlestown is very nice too. There have been a few movies painting Charlestown in a negative light, the Departed, for example. Like anywhere is has a few bad areas, but mostly it’s full of wealthy 30+ somethings.
Very thoughtful, thank you.
Old 17 July 2019, 04:37 AM   #39
Zi Pie'
"TRF" Member

Watch: The next one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post

Charlestown is great. The problem is that the T-Stop is in in an odd place (Community College), should probably live on Main St. to keep in walking distance.
Zi Pie' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 10:30 AM   #40
Romeojk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post

If you can swing it, this is a great recommendation. Beacon Hill is super nice then Back Bay as a second choice is a super second!

Old 17 July 2019, 11:57 AM   #41
selpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zi Pie' View Post
Charlestown is great. The problem is that the T-Stop is in in an odd place (Community College), should probably live on Main St. to keep in walking distance.
Thank you for the insight!
Old 17 July 2019, 11:59 AM   #42
selpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you can swing it, this is a great recommendation. Beacon Hill is super nice then Back Bay as a second choice is a super second!

Thank you, will focus on those areas.
Old 22 July 2019, 08:24 AM   #43
selpo
"TRF" Member

An update to all who gave invaluable advice. Looked at a couple of places in Beacon Hill on Pinckney st and in Back bay on Beacon and Marlborough st but in the end decided on a studio on Dartmouth st in South end 5 min from Back Bay T station.
Beacon hill and Back bay were great neighborhoods but it involved about a 12 and a 10 min walk to the T respectively and thought that might be too long on a bad winter day.
The location is a 15 min walk to Tufts and 10 min via the T, two whole foods within 15 min walk and a nice residential neighborhood.
Thanks to all again for your time and advice.
Old 23 July 2019, 07:07 AM   #44
Romeojk

Glad you found a place. Good luck to your son, I’m sure it will be a good experience for him.

Old 23 July 2019, 07:13 AM   #45
selpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Glad you found a place. Good luck to your son, I’m sure it will be a good experience for him.

Thank you.