The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 June 2019, 11:56 PM   #91
RaceDoc11
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs
Don't do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry98vert View Post
I went into a Ben Bridge,authorized rolex dealer, in Torrance CA. Inquired about a Submariner, the sales lady asked if I ever bought anything at there store. I said no thinking like what does that matter, she said that I can be put on a wait list but since I am not a so called Ben Bridge shopper I would need to purchase an extra $2000 on top of the watch.

I am was thinking to myself sure I am going to buy a $9000 watch and pay another $2000 in another product, not going to happen. Really if I could call the owner and tell that person what was said I would love to hear the reaction of the owner.
RaceDoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 03:18 AM   #92
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I dont think its a bad deal if you buy something with the extra $2k that you want or been wanting to get for the wife, etc. Plus you get the watch immediately

That, or you can always go grey if you're truly against this and still pay a similar amount in total... or lastly, put in some legwork and find a sub out there for msrp because its absolutely possible.

For those who are constantly preaching don't feed or buy from greys or bundle because you're contributing to the whole market problem.. If I was in the market for a watch, couldn't get it from an AD in a realistic/reasonable amount of time and don't mind/can afford to pay market value or bundle something else I wanted, then why not? I get the watch now! It's just a business at work trying to maximize profits, which unless I'm mistaken, is how a lot of members here even got to where they're at and able to buy expensive watches. I'm not trying to embark on some holy, noble pursuit of righteousness and taking down greys or AD's, its just a watch I just want to buy a watch I want to wear
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 03:51 AM   #93
MajKong
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Sub bluesy
No way in hell I’d do that.
MajKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 04:19 AM   #94
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Jerry, have you been frozen in a polar icecap for a few years?
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 04:23 AM   #95
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Don´t do it. My son has never bought anything from anybody and at a D.C. area AD he was offered a Sub date within two months. Some ADs are decent and other just try to rip you off with nonsense.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 06:25 AM   #96
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
Gray dealers pay a premium price, then have operating costs on top of that. Their profit margin is probably no more than an AD’s, possibly less. So I wouldn’t consider a gray purchase as such, and would gladly pay their up charge to stand on principles and prove a point. Once on the wrist, a visit to the AD would occur.

I’ve made that very visit many times. I’ve even told ADs to their face I’m better off buying grey than dealing with their nonsense.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 07:39 AM   #97
RolexBrian
"TRF" Member

Depends, how bad do you want the watch??
RolexBrian is offline   Reply With Quote