The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 6 July 2019, 08:06 PM   #31
N5XTC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2008 Submariner
UPDATE-

7 seconds fast again this morning, Saturday at 6am. that is FOUR days in a row at +7. VERY GOOD NEWS.

now the ? is should I regulate her at the AD. since i am here locally on vacation with an AD with certified rolex watchmakers, i can leave her on monday and pick up at end of week (no mailing necessary), he said costs like $50, SHOULD I DO IT?

"A man with one watch knows what time it is while a man with two is never sure."
N5XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 10:20 PM   #32
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostack View Post
I would suggest talking with the watchmakers and letting them know your concerns/expectations. See if they are willing to take the extra time it may require to get it as precise as you want it.

Personally, I would be willing to pay double or more to end up with a Rolex that keeps time as well as my Tudor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I would do, my Tudor only gains a total of 1-2 secs a week
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 09:26 PM   #33
N5XTC
"TRF" Member

UPDATE - 5 days now, +7 at 6am. i think she has settled in.

"A man with one watch knows what time it is while a man with two is never sure."
Old 9 July 2019, 02:26 AM   #34
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N5XTC View Post
UPDATE - 5 days now, +7 at 6am. i think she has settled in.
Where are you on vacation, and who would regulate it? I would not trust any old watchmaker who is AD employed. +7 seconds a day means you will never be late to your class. A professor who wears a Rolex is always on time.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 02:28 AM   #35
N5XTC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Where are you on vacation, and who would regulate it? I would not trust any old watchmaker who is AD employed. +7 seconds a day means you will never be late to your class. A professor who wears a Rolex is always on time.
HA HA, i am always on time anyway AND i would think about how many seconds she is ahead and subtract. lol. i am in Ohio. both guys are rolex certified in this particular AD. i dont know how you get any better than that, esp since it would not require shipping just a drop off and pick up. i will prob leave it alone. +7 is fine. i zero the watch once per week no matter what anyway.

Old 9 July 2019, 02:36 AM   #36
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N5XTC View Post
HA HA, i am always on time anyway AND i would think about how many seconds she is ahead and subtract. lol. i am in Ohio. both guys are rolex certified in this particular AD. i dont know how you get any better than that, esp since it would not require shipping just a drop off and pick up. i will prob leave it alone. +7 is fine. i zero the watch once per week no matter what anyway.
Many reset their time at the first of most months when adjusting the date.
I use Time.gov and it is official NIST time and site is corrected for network delay.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 02:39 AM   #37
N5XTC
"TRF" Member

no way i would wait one month if i wear it often, once per week. also, if it is a month with 30 days, around the 28 or 29th, i set her ahead a day so she is right when the 1st comes. if i dont wear a watch as often, i may wait longer to adjust. i do manual wind all my watches about every 30 if not wearing.

Tags
gaining time , submariner