The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 January 2011, 12:09 PM   #1
chestercopperpot
"TRF" Member

Where Should I Service My Rolex in NYC?

Hey Fellas-

So I recently purchased a 16610 from here and I noticed it's running a bit fast. After a bout a month the watch is now 2 mins fast. It's a Y serial and as far as I can tell has never been serviced. Where should I go for servicing?

I know I could take it to RSC in NYC but isn't it like 600 or something? Lemme know what you guys think I should do or if there is a cheaper option in NYC.
chestercopperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2011, 01:11 PM   #2
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot View Post
Hey Fellas-

So I recently purchased a 16610 from here and I noticed it's running a bit fast. After a bout a month the watch is now 2 mins fast. It's a Y serial and as far as I can tell has never been serviced. Where should I go for servicing?

I know I could take it to RSC in NYC but isn't it like 600 or something? Lemme know what you guys think I should do or if there is a cheaper option in NYC.
Dallas,Tx
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Well........... I would say that your watch is running within tolerance at about 4 seconds per day..

If you are only concerned with this accuracy, then any good watchmaker can regulate it for you to something slightly better, but usually no better than perhaps a minute per month...

When you decide that it is really a full service that you need, then there is no reason to quibble.. The Rolex service is around 500 to 600; while a local shop may be 400 to 500. This really isn't a significant savings considering that the RSC will change all the expendables such as pallets, worn wheels, jewels, rotor axles, etc.. You will almost always not get those parts replaced with the cheaper shops and they will tell you "It looked so good you didn't need any parts replaced" - pure rubbish.........
Old 27 January 2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Jason71
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor Divers
Nobody better than Bob Ridley in Arlington Tx. He has reasonable prices (a little cheaper than RSC) and he does work that is 2nd to none. BTW, he DOESN'T cut corners and he DOES replace worn parts with authentic Rolex parts. I sent 2 Rolex watches to him last week, and they are ready to be sent back to me the day after tomorrow. One of them had a rather complicated repair also, and not just a regular service. He is only a short registered mail package away

http://watchmakers.com

Just Say "NO" to Polishing
Card-Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch Curmudgeons
LIfe is too short to wear inexpensive watches
PLEXI IS SEXY
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote