The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 25 September 2022, 06:42 PM   #1171
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanHong View Post
latest price on 116500LN white aka panda?
August 2022 brand new unworn set. Complete with white tag. Asking price $33500. Listed 1 day ago. Currently unsold.
Old 26 September 2022, 12:29 AM   #1172
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathematoxic View Post
August 2022 brand new unworn set. Complete with white tag. Asking price $33500. Listed 1 day ago. Currently unsold.
and black dials are sitting unsold at 28k.
Old 26 September 2022, 08:03 AM   #1173
messikens
"TRF" Member

15202 brand new dropping from 98k to 88k... not long ago these went for 115-125... simply amazed at how precipitous the drop off... as others have said, I question secondary demand when the difference from MSRP to 2nd is not x2 but MSRP -20%...
Old 26 September 2022, 09:30 AM   #1174
eijiboy
Banned

Rg olive dial dd finally sold at 53.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 September 2022, 10:02 AM   #1175
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
its coming soon to msrp. Now the cookie monster and rg rootbeer are selling below msrp plus tax
I like the cookie monster, but it's quite expensive even at $38k of current ask. What's the price historically of a PM piece like that? That is before the hype train instagram era. I've been waiting for a kermit, but don't want to pay grey for it. A cookie monster now starts to look like an option.
Old 26 September 2022, 03:23 PM   #1176
Controlit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphora001 View Post
I like the cookie monster, but it's quite expensive even at $38k of current ask. What's the price historically of a PM piece like that? That is before the hype train instagram era. I've been waiting for a kermit, but don't want to pay grey for it. A cookie monster now starts to look like an option.
Which is the 'cookie monster"?
Old 26 September 2022, 09:30 PM   #1177
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by controlit View Post
which is the 'cookie monster"?
126619lb
Old 26 September 2022, 10:55 PM   #1178
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphora001 View Post

I sold mine back in 2017 or so for $24.9k. It was used by about 18 months at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 26 September 2022, 11:43 PM   #1179
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
Rg olive dial dd finally sold at 53.

remember that these could still be ‘buddy’ sales that aren’t even real. I see the same watch listed 2-3 weeks after it’s sold before. 100%. In this aspect moda can sometimes not be accurate.honestly I highly doubt it sold for that.

Just like the auctions. A buddy can bid and then they never actually sell it. Some of the dealers are trying to prop the market up in this way as they know more people are viewing moda. I’ve seen auctions sell higher than the same piece is listed on Chrono24. Give me a break, not a chance that’s real.
Old 27 September 2022, 03:04 AM   #1180
Controlit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post
126619lb
Old 27 September 2022, 11:14 AM   #1181
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

It seems that we are back to normal (= pre-craze) with white PM DD... More and more people prefer to save money and buy a DJ, so the white PM DD price is dropping...

https://youtu.be/9BYNOwjyp0A?t=2344

Have you had similar experience?

Funny that later in the video, he tries to sell the narrative that it is better to buy now because prices will go up for xmas.
Old 27 September 2022, 01:04 PM   #1182
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
remember that these could still be ‘buddy’ sales that aren’t even real. I see the same watch listed 2-3 weeks after it’s sold before. 100%. In this aspect moda can sometimes not be accurate.honestly I highly doubt it sold for that.

Just like the auctions. A buddy can bid and then they never actually sell it. Some of the dealers are trying to prop the market up in this way as they know more people are viewing moda. I’ve seen auctions sell higher than the same piece is listed on Chrono24. Give me a break, not a chance that’s real.

Fyi theres another one at 53k not sold yet.

Old 27 September 2022, 01:06 PM   #1183
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post
It seems that we are back to normal (= pre-craze) with white PM DD... More and more people prefer to save money and buy a DJ, so the white PM DD price is dropping...

Funny that later in the video, he tries to sell the narrative that it is better to buy now because prices will go up for xmas.

Speaking of white dd. Theres one on youtube where he saw on on display for sale. He was able to try it. He didnt pull the trigger.

Old 28 September 2022, 04:45 AM   #1184
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post

white gold daydates have a pretty niche market. i can't imagine the people that are in the market for one are cross shopping a date just for the reason that it almost looks the same but is cheaper. there's a reason they're going for white gold and it's more about the weight and prestige of a day date. people that wanna be flashy would go for colored gold and in that case a two tone date just could be a much better alternative
Old 28 September 2022, 06:28 AM   #1185
1665fan
"TRF" Member

35k black dial 116500 on the forum…..seller is high as a kite or prices are going back up……
Old 28 September 2022, 06:50 AM   #1186
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
35k black dial 116500 on the forum…..seller is high as a kite or prices are going back up……
Lol these are going for 27 brand new
Old 28 September 2022, 07:30 AM   #1187
messikens
"TRF" Member

Sign of the times. BLRO on this forum for 18k and 5 bumps already… I imagine the true strike price is getting closer to 15k by the day…
Old 28 September 2022, 08:48 AM   #1188
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
2021 Kermit with card just went for 15.4k, tempting.
Old 28 September 2022, 08:53 AM   #1189
AbeFroman
Banned

There was a couple forum members who admitted they purchased 116500 white at $50k early this year. I wonder how they’re feeling in all of this.

Prices have not reversed course upwards yet. It’s just wishful thinking on those listings.
Old 28 September 2022, 08:54 AM   #1190
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ1925 View Post

Yes they dipping hard.

Old 28 September 2022, 09:15 AM   #1191
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ1925 View Post

Holy drop batman! I'm still on the waiting list from my AD but this is starting to get tempting... After tax it's only like a 1.5k premium now...

Based on all the recent incomings I wonder if lack of grey demand is having a knock-on effect on AD demand and the lists are being worked further down until the AD finds a buyer
Old 28 September 2022, 09:41 AM   #1192
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Holy drop batman! I'm still on the waiting list from my AD but this is starting to get tempting... After tax it's only like a 1.5k premium now...

Based on all the recent incomings I wonder if lack of grey demand is having a knock-on effect on AD demand and the lists are being worked further down until the AD finds a buyer
i don't think ADs are seeing much of a difference for now. i think this is just what happens when greys hoarded for 2 years and have a huge amount of watches they need to dump. not much has changed from what i see at ADs

also how many normal people actually use moda or know what it is? probably close to none. the people there are very deeply following the prices and are basically auctioning against themselves and with it being so niche there can only be so many buyers. most of them are other dealers who are also trying to get rid of stock so it's kind of a stalemate. there's probably still a lot of inventory to dump and get rid of but i wonder when availability will actually increase. at some point the two have to meet somewhere in the middle, it makes no sense that watches that still can't be ordered are selling at under retail on moda lol. i guess it will take a while to get through the wait lists, most of which were fake anyway, and at some point things either return to cases or grey prices go back up if demand at ADs doesn't lower
Old 28 September 2022, 10:16 AM   #1193
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i don't think ADs are seeing much of a difference for now. i think this is just what happens when greys hoarded for 2 years and have a huge amount of watches they need to dump. not much has changed from what i see at ADs

also how many normal people actually use moda or know what it is? probably close to none. the people there are very deeply following the prices and are basically auctioning against themselves and with it being so niche there can only be so many buyers. most of them are other dealers who are also trying to get rid of stock so it's kind of a stalemate. there's probably still a lot of inventory to dump and get rid of but i wonder when availability will actually increase. at some point the two have to meet somewhere in the middle, it makes no sense that watches that still can't be ordered are selling at under retail on moda lol. i guess it will take a while to get through the wait lists, most of which were fake anyway, and at some point things either return to cases or grey prices go back up if demand at ADs doesn't lower
Agreed. Like usual

Demand lessening is region and A D dependent. I’ve got every box that can be ticked with my A D but all I’m hearing of late is “hang in there it will happen” on the pieces I want.
Old 28 September 2022, 10:25 AM   #1194
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post

Agreed. Like usual

Demand lessening is region and A D dependent. I’ve got every box that can be ticked with my A D but all I’m hearing of late is “hang in there it will happen” on the pieces I want.
yeah here in nyc i still have virtually no chance of getting anything worthwhile but i'm also not in the market for anything luckily. WoS said demand is still as high as ever when i stopped by last week and they had 3 exhibition models in an otherwise empty 2 cases. you're still after a few PM pieces right? you would think demand would at least drop significantly for PM pieces with people's portfolios wiped out but apparently not. really makes you think about what happens if we resume going back up within the next year or so if the AD market is lagging that much

we're now 9 months into one of the worst years economically and for investments/markets and you still can't walk in and buy a $40k rolex lol
Old 28 September 2022, 11:28 AM   #1195
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
yeah here in nyc i still have virtually no chance of getting anything worthwhile but i'm also not in the market for anything luckily. WoS said demand is still as high as ever when i stopped by last week and they had 3 exhibition models in an otherwise empty 2 cases. you're still after a few PM pieces right? you would think demand would at least drop significantly for PM pieces with people's portfolios wiped out but apparently not. really makes you think about what happens if we resume going back up within the next year or so if the AD market is lagging that much

we're now 9 months into one of the worst years economically and for investments/markets and you still can't walk in and buy a $40k rolex lol

Yeah I know right. Apparently 40k plus watches are still all the rave lol. And yes still chasing PM. Well one. Still chasing a 505. That’s about it. My A D keeps telling me demand demand. I’ve even transitioned to well it doesn’t have to be a 505. How about a mention for anything. Still no dice. I’m in a small region with a ton of “old money” so IMO I think the so called softening or lack of high demand has a lot of factors. I also believe that since A D’s have been on this run of “holding all the cards” that the economy could change to circa 2008 and it will still be the same song and dance.

I’m sorry I just don’t ever see any form of the good ol days ever returning. If you were an A D and could keep the hype train running why derail it I guess.
Old 28 September 2022, 01:58 PM   #1196
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i don't think ADs are seeing much of a difference for now.
Well that depends…imagine they tell someone they will bundle a Kermit with another less desirable Rolex that is selling under retail on the secondary, well under any potential upside one would see if they would have sold/flipped the Kermit. I bet you the person passes on the offered watch bundle, that is happening now.

I can say I have been offered more watches in the last couple months than in the last couple years…this tells me things have already changed.

Old 29 September 2022, 12:20 AM   #1197
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
Well that depends…imagine they tell someone they will bundle a Kermit with another less desirable Rolex that is selling under retail on the secondary, well under any potential upside one would see if they would have sold/flipped the Kermit. I bet you the person passes on the offered watch bundle, that is happening now.

I can say I have been offered more watches in the last couple months than in the last couple years…this tells me things have already changed.

That's what I meant. At some point in time:
1. Bundling will no longer work since the offset amount from a desirable model will no longer be enough to cover the undesirable model
2. The resale value on the grey market (and in turn the offer price from greys) will not be hugely different from MSPR - so a lot of the initial demand from people thinking they just made a few thousand bucks (on paper at least) will become much less
3. This will lead to less hype in the market as well

At the end of the day, shelling out 40k but knowing you just "made" 40k on top of it by walking out the door from the AD if you were to get rid of it is a lot different than shelling out 40k knowing it's really only worth 30k if you try and sell it now... :-)
Old 29 September 2022, 04:05 AM   #1198
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
The tide ahas already turned. We see that DSW is offering retail on many once hot pieces. The guys who get watches from ADs thinking they can flip for thousands of dollars of profit because they look at prices on chrono24 are in for a rude awakening. They become bag holders and will no doubt lead to an increase of supply on the already saturated secondary mkt.
Old 29 September 2022, 04:24 AM   #1199
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
The tide ahas already turned. We see that DSW is offering retail on many once hot pieces. The guys who get watches from ADs thinking they can flip for thousands of dollars of profit because they look at prices on chrono24 are in for a rude awakening. They become bag holders and will no doubt lead to an increase of supply on the already saturated secondary mkt.
This
Old 29 September 2022, 05:55 AM   #1200
eijiboy
Banned

Nib 126610 black sold 13300. A new low

Closed Thread