The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 September 2006, 12:27 PM   #1
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Another new GMT II report

Went to a new dentist for the first time in about 2 years today, and it turns out he's just around the corner from the AD. So, I thought I would at try and distract myself from the vision of blood, bone dust & general pain by having a quick browse.

They had a new GMT II, two-tone, and once again, I was very impressed by it. The new bracelet actually feels very sturdy & not so 'tinny', as does the clasp. But the stand outs for me was the crown & case. The two compliment eachother perfectly, the crown being a perfect big size, and the new case looking a lot 'beefier'. However, the real eye-catcher is the new bezel. Just fantastic! The black is deep & inky & the gold numbers almost jump off at you!

It sat nice & high on the wrist, but didn't seem bulky at all, and rather comfortable. Impressive watch

BTW, the dentist wore a SS DJ on a very loose jubilee.
Old 21 September 2006, 12:46 PM   #2
AJC
"TRF" Member

Sounds as if it was worth going to the dentist. I cant wait to see the SS version when it come out.

Aaron
Old 21 September 2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
Sounds as if it was worth going to the dentist. I cant wait to see the SS version when it come out.

Aaron
Likewise!
The SS will look very nice too.
Also, If you're ever in brisbane itself, check out 'Brisbane Vintage Watches' in an Arcade off Queen St mall. Very friendly to talk to & some interesting pieces. The website is:

http://www.brisbanevintagewatches.com

But it's not really up to date, they've just re-located the shop.
Old 21 September 2006, 05:23 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:

Aaron
Yes, and a few more visits by Otis to him and the dentist will be wearing the new GMT-II!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2006, 06:25 PM   #5
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Yes, and a few more visits by Otis to him and the dentist will be wearing the new GMT-II!!
Ooohh don't get me started.
My old dentist was drilling, bone-dust flying everywhere, discussing with his assistant and figuring out which new convertible he should buy.

They also had a TT blue sub at the AD!
Looked good mate
Old 21 September 2006, 06:32 PM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
Ooohh don't get me started.
My old dentist was drilling, bone-dust flying everywhere, discussing with his assistant and figuring out which new convertible he should buy.

They also had a TT blue sub at the AD!
Looked good mate
So who was wearing the TT Blue Sub? The Assistant?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2006, 10:57 PM   #7
AJC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Likewise!
The SS will look very nice too.
Also, If you're ever in brisbane itself, check out 'Brisbane Vintage Watches' in an Arcade off Queen St mall. Very friendly to talk to & some interesting pieces. The website is:

http://www.brisbanevintagewatches.com

But it's not really up to date, they've just re-located the shop.
Thanks for that Otis,that is a cool site .I will check them out one day,as I need to go to Langfords after work one day and buy an extra link for my Sub but I haven't worked up the steam to face the traffic or the crowds.(I hate cities)

Aaron
Old 22 September 2006, 08:54 AM   #8
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for that Otis,that is a cool site .I will check them out one day,as I need to go to Langfords after work one day and buy an extra link for my Sub but I haven't worked up the steam to face the traffic or the crowds.(I hate cities)

Aaron
I hear you! Man, it's getting worse and worse with the traffic. I wish they'd hurry up and build a few more tunnels and just put a subway system in (like it's that easy! )

BTW, did you know that Langfords have moved? They're now on Queen street, i think number 240ish? Near Westpac & post office square, nice new shop too
Old 22 September 2006, 09:15 AM   #9
AJC
"TRF" Member

I have never been to their old store,in fact I think I have been shopping in town maybe twice.

I have been to South Brisbane heaps (The Mater Childrens) but that is about my experience with the city,and as there are no ADs at Beaudesert I going to have to take the plunge.

Do you have any heads ups on other worthwhile watch shops.(Used Rolex etc)

Aaron
Old 22 September 2006, 09:29 AM   #10
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have never been to their old store,in fact I think I have been shopping in town maybe twice.

I have been to South Brisbane heaps (The Mater Childrens) but that is about my experience with the city,and as there are no ADs at Beaudesert I going to have to take the plunge.

Do you have any heads ups on other worthwhile watch shops.(Used Rolex etc)

Aaron
Brisbane vintage watches is about the only place I know of around here!
They've got some nice used ones in the window, quite a few DJs and an older (very expensive) sea-dweller, possible one of the rail-dial ones, I'm not sure. In fact, I don't think I've seen another decent pre-loved watch shop around. Even for new ones you've only really got choices between Langfords, Hardy Bros & Watches of Switzerland... it gets frustrating at times. Bloody Queensland!
Next time you're in town for a watch-related trip give me a shout if you like, and I can help you ogle through the display windows!
Old 22 September 2006, 02:28 PM   #11
AJC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Brisbane vintage watches is about the only place I know of around here!
They've got some nice used ones in the window, quite a few DJs and an older (very expensive) sea-dweller, possible one of the rail-dial ones, I'm not sure. In fact, I don't think I've seen another decent pre-loved watch shop around. Even for new ones you've only really got choices between Langfords, Hardy Bros & Watches of Switzerland... it gets frustrating at times. Bloody Queensland!
Next time you're in town for a watch-related trip give me a shout if you like, and I can help you ogle through the display windows!

Sounds like a plan .I know Langfords are the only Rolex AD in Brisbane,or according to my AD list Rolex Australia emailed me last week.

It must be amazing to go to Las Vegas and have probably more ADs than the whole of Aust.

Aaron
Old 22 September 2006, 02:33 PM   #12
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It must be amazing to go to Las Vegas and have probably more ADs than the whole of Aust.

Aaron
The word "monopoly" springs to mind!

They're OK though, always friendly. I went to school with one of the sons, but I don't think he's there anymore....