The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 June 2006, 12:05 AM   #61
Hellcat65

Very cool....!!!!! Obviously top of the line equipment makes a big difference, since the bike was specifically designed for you I am sure it would be a very comfortable ride!
Old 30 June 2006, 12:29 PM   #62
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Well, as standard as any top of the line racing bike from 1993 and 1983 can be, I suppose. If you'll indulge me:

The one in the foreground is a custom made (for me) frame made of high tensil, heat treated chromoly double butted Columbus TSX tubing (and each tube also has five helicoidal internal reinforcements). High-tech stuff for 1993. The equipment is top of the line Campagnolo Record with Ergo shifting, so that you can shift gears without having to take your hands off the bars. Much like F1 paddle shifting in a car.

The saddle, that two of you said would give your butt a hurting is actually the most comfortable saddle I've ever used. But then again, riding 100-200km on a bike is comfortable for me (more or less) so it's all relative.
Which one os your commuter Johnny?
Old 30 June 2006, 10:35 PM   #63
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Which one os your commuter Johnny?
I actually started off on the old one, which is box stock and still a great ride, using Campagnolo Super Record, the same components Eddy Merckx won his five tours de France on (actually every Tour victory from 1968 to 1985 was won with Campy SR).

However, I switched over to my custom made bike because the tires on the old bike are $150 each and since they're glued on to the rim, they're a bitch to remove and replace when they wear out. The tires on my newer bike are only $60 a piece and a cinch to re and re.

Where I park my bike is in the bowls of my office building, and you need a magnetic pass card to get into the garage and then past a security guard. It's safe.

Old 1 July 2006, 02:49 AM   #64
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
I actually started off on the old one, which is box stock and still a great ride, using Campagnolo Super Record, the same components Eddy Merckx won his five tours de France on (actually every Tour victory from 1968 to 1985 was won with Campy SR).

However, I switched over to my custom made bike because the tires on the old bike are $150 each and since they're glued on to the rim, they're a bitch to remove and replace when they wear out. The tires on my newer bike are only $60 a piece and a cinch to re and re.

Where I park my bike is in the bowls of my office building, and you need a magnetic pass card to get into the garage and then past a security guard. It's safe.
Thanks for the info on the bikes. I see you've switched from a superior German car to a Super superior italian mode of transportation.
Old 1 July 2006, 02:14 PM   #65
Subfiend
"TRF" Member

Watch: Isn't it obvious?
Here's my bike.

Old 3 July 2006, 01:16 PM   #66
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Gone The Long Way Round yet, Dave?