The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 February 2019, 03:07 PM   #31
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP SS Jumbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post

You could also play hardball and tell the seller if they don't take the watch back without a restocking fee that you're going to share a detailed review of the watch and their sales tactics on all the forums.. Wonder if a few thousand is worth the headache for them

:
sitkenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 04:00 PM   #32
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Back it goes, the bezel has definitely been polished along with the rest of the watch, and not by AP.
I don’t get why greys would ever attempt a garage polish vs sending it to AP, which is <$500 for a professional factory polish.
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 07:28 PM   #33
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Btw, does anyone know the cost for replacing an SS bezel? Assuming AP will service my watch. Tks
Old 27 February 2019, 07:51 PM   #34
Lgear080
Banned

So the seller tried to defend the description and position? Dunno man... seems like it’s easier to start with an accurate description.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 08:40 PM   #35
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
So the seller tried to defend the description and position? Dunno man... seems like it’s easier to start with an accurate description.
What surprised me was that they insisted it had not been polished. I am from overseas so have limited options of what I can do. Perhaps to let as many ppl be aware as possible
Old 27 February 2019, 08:53 PM   #36
duc888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitkenneth View Post
Btw, does anyone know the cost for replacing an SS bezel? Assuming AP will service my watch. Tks
Just for interest...in Germany it costs 700 Euros.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 04:31 AM   #37
SteinDiamonds
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesWatches View Post
Just want to state a few facts that I think are missing and essential to the conversation:

1) There were 15 photos of the watch uploaded (i created a dropbox link for the watches to be viewed here:

(cannot post links since we are new to forums so after typing dropbox dot com copy and paste this "/sh/ttpaci0hhcyvz95/AABXopmwgAVDvpHJU10aZ_rAa?dl=0")

2) We never stated we did any service with AP- our watches are checked with our in house watchmaker to ensure it is keeping time, not with AP. Never claimed that and would never claim that because that did not happen.

3) The watch was described as "mint condition, like new" but we leave the pictures which are taken on an iPhone with no photoshop for customers to decide themselves

4) Despite our policy states we do not accept returns on international orders- I was willing to accept a return until we found out the watch was worn. Once worn we obviously cannot accept a full return

5) WE PRICED THIS AS A PRE OWNED WATCH! I think Ken can attest that this was significantly below market and definitely not priced a couple hundred or even a 1,000 below a brand new one so we did not push him out of a new one to get a pre-owned one.

6) we are working with him and responding to all emails asap. We stand behind everything we sell and stay in business by referrals and return customers. Don't want anyone to have a watch they don't love, would have gladly accepted a return if it was returned in the same condition it was delivered.
Trying to work with Ken as much as we can
SteinDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 08:57 AM   #38
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Just want to state a few facts that I think are missing and essential to the conversation:

3) The watch was described as "mint condition, like new" but we leave the pictures which are taken on an iPhone with no photoshop for customers to decide themselves
Well I guess next time I sell a used watch I'll describe it as BNIB and let pictures do the talking? If the buyer can't spot from my iphone pics that it's not brand new, that's on them.
Old 28 February 2019, 09:54 AM   #39
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc888 View Post
So, I feel like when looking at a pre-owned AP, an over-polished bezel is the biggest worry. You're saying you can just replace the entire bezel, like new, for €700?
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 09:58 AM   #40
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:

1) There were 15 photos of the watch uploaded (i created a dropbox link for the watches to be viewed here:

(cannot post links since we are new to forums so after typing dropbox dot com copy and paste this "/sh/ttpaci0hhcyvz95/AABXopmwgAVDvpHJU10aZ_rAa?dl=0")

2) We never stated we did any service with AP- our watches are checked with our in house watchmaker to ensure it is keeping time, not with AP. Never claimed that and would never claim that because that did not happen.

4) Despite our policy states we do not accept returns on international orders- I was willing to accept a return until we found out the watch was worn. Once worn we obviously cannot accept a full return

5) WE PRICED THIS AS A PRE OWNED WATCH! I think Ken can attest that this was significantly below market and definitely not priced a couple hundred or even a 1,000 below a brand new one so we did not push him out of a new one to get a pre-owned one.

6) we are working with him and responding to all emails asap. We stand behind everything we sell and stay in business by referrals and return customers. Don't want anyone to have a watch they don't love, would have gladly accepted a return if it was returned in the same condition it was delivered.
A bit contradicting there... Watch certainly doesn’t look “mint, like new” and if you stand behind EVERYTHING then I’d assume you would make this right

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinDiamonds View Post
Glad to hear that’s happening
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 10:32 AM   #41
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinDiamonds View Post
you guys should take the return, it's obvious the watch is not "Mint Like New".
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 01:56 PM   #42
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
A bit contradicting there... Watch certainly doesn’t look “mint, like new” and if you stand behind EVERYTHING then I’d assume you would make this right

Glad to hear that’s happening
I paid 20K (250 is for shipping). It’s one of the better prices I could find and I think it’s good price if it was a genuine like new.

Now trying to get some paperwork from AP on the conditions
Old 28 February 2019, 02:20 PM   #43
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hi

1) I agreed I was not able to spot any polishing before my purchase which I can only blame my lack of experience. The pictures are accurate description of the watch which I would agree. Except the dent on 11:00 was not shown. I can even accept this given it’s pre-owned. Never been confused with it.

2) I never said you suggested you guys service it with AP. I was on the other hand told that nothing was done outside of AP and there was no dents nor polishing done. See attached correspondence.

3) not sure about this given what AP told me

4) it is not that I bought something and regretted because I no longer want it. It’s only due to the fact that I feel it was not as described - like new. I think there is some difference here.

5) I paid 20K (250 being the shipping). I agree it’s one of the better prices I can find if it’s truely like new.

6) good to hear.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C8E706E0-1350-42B2-B996-5F5178A5C408.jpeg (40.8 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpeg F9E5377E-3EC7-47A0-8678-55C340CD0B7F.jpeg (189.3 KB, 399 views)
Old 28 February 2019, 02:47 PM   #44
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc888 View Post
Thank you
Old 28 February 2019, 04:33 PM   #45
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Photos were not edited? Look at top right corner of pic 2 in the Dropbox link
Old 28 February 2019, 04:35 PM   #46
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Well I guess next time I sell a used watch I'll describe it as BNIB and let pictures do the talking? If the buyer can't spot from my iphone pics that it's not brand new, that's on them.
Well said.
Old 1 March 2019, 04:35 AM   #47
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
I'm 100 percent with the buyer here for one main reason: The seller said the watch was not polished, which it clearly was. Everything else is secondary, although there is definitely some other deceit going on here too.

Describing a watch "Like New" is open to interpretation. Polished vs. unpolished is not.

Seller should be able to return for full refund, including shipping.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 05:37 AM   #48
duc888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLime View Post
So, I feel like when looking at a pre-owned AP, an over-polished bezel is the biggest worry. You're saying you can just replace the entire bezel, like new, for €700?
Yes, sir. It is just 2 weeks ago that I had to pay that amount after the ROO Diver was in Munich APSC to replace the steel bezel.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 10:51 AM   #49
yyzpam
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP AP Rolex PAM
" 3) The watch was described as "mint condition, like new" but we leave the pictures which are taken on an iPhone with no photoshop for customers to decide themselves "

Really ??? The watch has a dent and has been over polished, I have no idea how you describe it as 'mint condition, like new'. You make the description and then throw the responsibility on the customer to judge based on photos. Where I come from this is simply called 'covering your ass'. Yours is NOT an accurate description of the watch and I would not accept it as such from a private individual posting it for sale nevermind from someone who is supposed to be a professional in the business. If you truly cared about client referrals and word of mouth, you would make this right. Simply allow the return, refund the money and move on.....That is the only right move (unless you want to spring for a full service and polish at an APSC).
yyzpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 01:02 PM   #50
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Purchase Experience with Stein Diamonds

Quote:

Are you suggesting that the OP has altered the condition since purchase ?

If the watch was pre owned, and there has been no further damage done, the condition is unchanged.

Or are you saying if you received the watch back you would no longer be able list it with the same description and condition* as originally sold to the OP?

* I don’t think like new is an accurate term for something unless it is - like new. As in visually unidentifiable from a BNIB piece.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 01:57 PM   #51
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
Are you suggesting that the OP has altered the condition since purchase ?

If the watch was pre owned, and there has been no further damage done, the condition is unchanged.

Or are you saying if you received the watch back you would no longer be able list it with the same description and condition* as originally sold to the OP?

* I don’t think like new is an accurate term for something unless it is - like new. As in visually unidentifiable from a BNIB piece.

Thanks. And I cannot agree more on your points. I was requested to get an official report from AP despite the visually noticeable polishing. ( Well, it was said to have never been polished. And no dents. Perhaps that’s why.) . I am trying to do this anyway but if a 1-20% restocking fee will be charged I am really hesiitasnt to do a return
Old 1 March 2019, 06:45 PM   #52
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
2) I never said you suggested you guys service it with AP. I was on the other hand told that nothing was done outside of AP and there was no dents nor polishing done. See attached correspondence.
Maybe Joe can add some colors ?
Old 1 March 2019, 08:37 PM   #53
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Thanks. And I cannot agree more on your points. I was requested to get an official report from AP despite the visually noticeable polishing. ( Well, it was said to have never been polished. And no dents. Perhaps that’s why.) . I am trying to do this anyway but if a 1-20% restocking fee will be charged I am really hesiitasnt to do a return

A potential 20% restocking charge for a mis sold item? This company should be avoided at all cost. Can’t you take legal action against them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 10:05 PM   #54
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
This forum has spoken and it is a powerful one, the seller should wake the hell up and cut the damage before every search for their firm will lead to this thread.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 10:51 PM   #55
edo
"TRF" Member

Would love to see their Good condition watches if this is Mint

Lies about watch condition, and even when exposed another lie about polishing in "our side" of the story posted on this forum... a great way to run a firm
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2019, 04:48 AM   #56
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Seller, Do the right thing and let him return the watch. I appreciate you are running a business, but perhaps you were moving too fast when you described the watch as 'mint, like new’ (?). I viewed the drop box file and it does not depict the mentioned defect. The Buyer’s issue is 100% legitimate. Right or wrong, your reputation is on the line. You might want to rethink your approach here before any conclusions are made…I am actually trying to help you here since I am not sure if you appreciate the optics of how you are coming off. Best to all.
Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2019, 05:09 AM   #57
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
Seller, Do the right thing and let him return the watch. I appreciate you are running a business, but perhaps you were moving too fast when you described the watch as 'mint, like new’ (?). I viewed the drop box file and it does not depict the mentioned defect. The Buyer’s issue is 100% legitimate. Right or wrong, your reputation is on the line. You might want to rethink your approach here before any conclusions are made…I am actually trying to help you here since I am not sure if you appreciate the optics of how you are coming off. Best to all.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2019, 05:13 AM   #58
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
This forum has spoken and it is a powerful one, the seller should wake the hell up and cut the damage before every search for their firm will lead to this thread.
Exactly what I was thinking. If I was a business owner, I would've dropped everything to satisfy the client the second it was mentioned in this forum. The seller is playing with fire here...
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2019, 05:49 AM   #59
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Had a moment to kill between meetings and noticed this...

If you talk the talk, do you walk the walk? Seller, Per your own website:

ABOUT/OVERVIEW AND PHILOSOPHY
...We believe in old-fashioned business ethics and in our book having a satisfied customer is more important than the bottom line....
Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2019, 10:10 AM   #60
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
Thank you

Tags
steindiamonds