The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 May 2020, 05:13 PM   #1
Pocosso
"TRF" Member

Watch: RO/ROO/PAM/DAYTONA
OMAS, Italian Brand Info

Guys,
I am new in collecting Pens, I saw some very interesting Italian OMAS, Could you give some info on this brand?
ROO(Ti)-RO-ROC
PAN0055-PAM351-PAM733-PAM721
Type XX-XXI
Pocosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 08:42 AM   #2
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocosso View Post
Guys,
I am new in collecting Pens, I saw some very interesting Italian OMAS, Could you give some info on this brand?
You might try The Fountain Pen Collectors facebook page.

Search this forum; OMAS is mentioned quite a bit but is no longer in business as I see. You might also place a want to buy ad in the for sale section (Pen Classified) of this forum.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 04:27 PM   #3
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Omas went out of business a few years ago. Much to the pen communities disappointment.

A company named Armando Simoni Club purchased Omas' rod stock. They are now premier in their Arco finishes which Omas was famous for.

I have about 9 ASC pens and a bunch of Omas pens and the quality is the same. ASC sometimes gets a bad rap, but I believe it to be mostly political. Never had a problem with either. Both in quality and customer service.

Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 07:02 AM   #4
Dave455
"TRF" Member

I have quite a collection of pens. I was never originally a collector, but rather a user, who built up a collection.

I bought pens that I wanted to use, and that I thought were special. I generally bought new, as I never wanted nibs that were broken in to someone else’s handwriting.

For most of the last three decades, there was one manufacturer that stood out above all the others for quality, and that was Omas.

In some respects the company felt as though it had been transported in a time machine from the 1930’s. Their method of manufacture was almost unchanged since that era, but where they had made changes, it was always to improve the overall quality.

The materials they used were unique, as were their designs. The manufacture was first class, their pens were flawless to look at, and wrote better than almost any other modern pen thanks to their superb nibs, porous vulcanite feeds, and an ink flow matched perfectly to the nib. They were, certainly in the 90’s, the only manufacturer to offer fully flexible nibs.

I didn’t like every design, some were very much to Italian tastes, and a little too fancy, but the quality was always there.

I ended up with about five different Omas pens, the last being purchased the month before they folded, but when I heard they had gone I went out and bought three more that day. I was glad to be able to buy what I did, but now so sorry that there are designs that I coveted that I now probably won’t own.

Would I buy now. Probably not. I doubt there is very much that is genuinely new and unused out there, and prices will be sky high if there is. Used prices have shot up too, driven by collectors trying to get certain models while they can, and of course speculators hoping to make profits, which they might!

There are some affordable pens out there, but for the most part they are ball points and roller balls which are of little interest either to the user or collector. They sell for what they’re worth.
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 09:48 PM   #5
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave455 View Post
I have quite a collection of pens. I was never originally a collector, but rather a user, who built up a collection.

I bought pens that I wanted to use, and that I thought were special. I generally bought new, as I never wanted nibs that were broken in to someone else’s handwriting.

For most of the last three decades, there was one manufacturer that stood out above all the others for quality, and that was Omas.

In some respects the company felt as though it had been transported in a time machine from the 1930’s. Their method of manufacture was almost unchanged since that era, but where they had made changes, it was always to improve the overall quality.

The materials they used were unique, as were their designs. The manufacture was first class, their pens were flawless to look at, and wrote better than almost any other modern pen thanks to their superb nibs, porous vulcanite feeds, and an ink flow matched perfectly to the nib. They were, certainly in the 90’s, the only manufacturer to offer fully flexible nibs.

I didn’t like every design, some were very much to Italian tastes, and a little too fancy, but the quality was always there.

I ended up with about five different Omas pens, the last being purchased the month before they folded, but when I heard they had gone I went out and bought three more that day. I was glad to be able to buy what I did, but now so sorry that there are designs that I coveted that I now probably won’t own.

Would I buy now. Probably not. I doubt there is very much that is genuinely new and unused out there, and prices will be sky high if there is. Used prices have shot up too, driven by collectors trying to get certain models while they can, and of course speculators hoping to make profits, which they might!

There are some affordable pens out there, but for the most part they are ball points and roller balls which are of little interest either to the user or collector. They sell for what they’re worth.
Great summary; thanks!!!

Old 12 July 2020, 04:34 AM   #6
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
OMAS and Delta out of business .
Love both !!
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 12:32 PM   #7
Pocosso
"TRF" Member

Watch: RO/ROO/PAM/DAYTONA
Thank You Guys, your contributes are great.
I admit that I am a user that became collector, always underestimating OMAS as produced in my hometown, so never gave importance sing I came across one pen that really i loved.
I am very attracted now.
ROO(Ti)-RO-ROC
PAN0055-PAM351-PAM733-PAM721
Type XX-XXI
Pocosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 10:52 PM   #8
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocosso View Post
Thank You Guys, your contributes are great.
I admit that I am a user that became collector, always underestimating OMAS as produced in my hometown, so never gave importance sing I came across one pen that really i loved.
I am very attracted now.
How about posting a photo of it?