The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 July 2020, 07:24 AM   #1
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Disney during COVID

Yes, we're that family that goes to Disney during this time...and we would gladly do it 100 times over! (We live an hour outside of Orlando).

The place was a ghost town, with ride wait times between 5-10 minutes. My wife actually said "now we're getting our money's worth". We were masked up the entire time, save for our youngest...good luck getting a 3 year to wear one in this FL heat.

More importantly, Disney did an outstanding job of making us feel safe. From the "please wait here" signs on the ground in lines to the employees ensuring that people wore their masks above the nose and the hand sanitizer stations before / after each ride, Disney really stepped it up here. (At the gate, they wouldn't allow someone in who was arguing about wearing the mask above the nose).

I post this knowing that it might be divisive and not everyone will agree that its safe to go to places like Disney yet, but I'm here (as you all have seen in my vacation photos) to say that you can still enjoy your life while trying to keep safe during COVID. Socially distance, wear a mask and keep that hand sanitizer handy!

Old 27 July 2020, 07:31 AM   #2
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Many years from now your kids will wonder why there’s nobody in the pics. You can tell them that you rented out the park just for them .

You know what’s best for your family. You do you.

I’ve been taking my teenage son out golfing every weekend just to get some (hopefully) fresh air and move the body. And it’s been amazing father son time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 07:43 AM   #3
LuckyHubbyW/aDJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I admire your attitude about this entire Covid 19 and not allowing it to stop you and your family from enjoying life!!!!

You're constantly on vacation with the Mrs and kids ....... living the dream ......... continue enjoying every moment with them because they grow up so fast!!! Be safe and enjoy!!
LuckyHubbyW/aDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 08:02 AM   #4
Brenngun

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
If you felt safe and everyone around was properly wearing masks and social distancing then it should be a nice family outing. Looks like you had a good time. Someone needs to come up with a fun mask that young kids will want to wear and will keep them cool.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 08:10 AM   #5
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Looks like a good time and a very personal decision. How were the other guests? I’m sure the staff was excellent as always.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 09:53 AM   #6
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
My daughter just got back. Went with friends that are vacation club members and stayed in a vacation club property. Went to the parks every day and ate in most nights by using their kitchen.

They drove down from Indiana so no airports.

She said that the staff at Disney was not at all lenient on the mask policy (good thing) and had already started cracking down on the walking with a drink so you don’t have to wear your mask people.

She has been many times and said this was the most enjoyable time she has ever had there. Despite the mask in the heat.

It also got her to rethink her decision to take online school (junior in HS) and instead opt for the in person balanced learning as her big concern was the mask. Figured if she could do it in the Florida heat she could do it in an Indiana fall and winter.

Made an appointment for the day she returned to get tested for C19. Tested Thursday at 5pm and by Saturday at 5pm knew she (and I) were both negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:14 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Glad you enjoyed yourself. I’m of the belief that it’s your right to do as you wish provided you follow some guidelines and it appears you have. Be well
Old 27 July 2020, 10:16 AM   #8
Bigblu10
Banned

I won't waste my money and time going there until life returns to normal. Been there around a dozen times already and can wait and be patient. No meet and greets with princesses or characters, wearing a mask in 100 degree Florida heat and humidity? No effin' way!, being around paranoid park goers afraid to die of the virus, nope. I have many years left to go back there, just not now.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:46 AM   #9
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Got my first reservation for magic kingdom on Saturday next week. We are 40 min out. Basically said, we will go, if packed out we immediately leave. If too hot, we will just leave. Otherwise nice to get out and at least walk around. Not 100% comfortable waiting in line or sitting on rides.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:51 AM   #10
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
I won't waste my money and time going there until life returns to normal. Been there around a dozen times already and can wait and be patient. No meet and greets with princesses or characters, wearing a mask in 100 degree Florida heat and humidity? No effin' way!, being around paranoid park goers afraid to die of the virus, nope. I have many years left to go back there, just not now.
To each their own and everyone is of course entitled to their opinion.

I will say, however, that the only one that seems paranoid is you. Everyone at the park seemed to truly enjoy the lack of crowds and the ability to jump on any ride with almost no lines at all. You've already got two cases in this thread alone of people saying it was the best Disney time that they've experienced.
Old 27 July 2020, 10:52 AM   #11
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brny11 View Post
Got my first reservation for magic kingdom on Saturday next week. We are 40 min out. Basically said, we will go, if packed out we immediately leave. If too hot, we will just leave. Otherwise nice to get out and at least walk around. Not 100% comfortable waiting in line or sitting on rides.
The reservation seems to really help with crowd control. Even midday, the park was basically empty.

Really don't know how Disney can pull a profit with the way it's operating now, but I'm not one to complain!
Old 27 July 2020, 11:12 AM   #12
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Kinda reminds me of the time my wife and I went between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The park was empty.

Glad you and your family were able to take advantage and enjoy it.

Almost forgot, thanks for sharing your trip with us.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 11:14 AM   #13
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
The reservation seems to really help with crowd control. Even midday, the park was basically empty.

Really don't know how Disney can pull a profit with the way it's operating now, but I'm not one to complain!
They are not making a profit with the current circumstances. Guaranteed. Losing money. But they have made tons over the decades. They will survive.
Old 27 July 2020, 11:16 AM   #14
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
To each their own and everyone is of course entitled to their opinion.

I will say, however, that the only one that seems paranoid is you. Everyone at the park seemed to truly enjoy the lack of crowds and the ability to jump on any ride with almost no lines at all. You've already got two cases in this thread alone of people saying it was the best Disney time that they've experienced.
Not paranoid at all and not afraid to die from a virus nor anything else. You don't know me Jessie, so don't judge mate.
Old 27 July 2020, 11:18 AM   #15
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Not paranoid at all and not afraid to die from a virus nor anything else. You don't know me Jessie, so don't judge mate.
I commented off of your comment (which I bolded) - isn't that what we do on forums? What does that have to do with "knowing" you?

You made a generalization based on your opinion about people at a park that you yourself haven't visited during this time. Relax man.
Old 27 July 2020, 11:29 AM   #16
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Very cool, I bet the kids were stoked, regardless of the temporary precautions.

Looks like you are making the best of these days, I certainly am envious! Thanks for these pictures!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 11:31 AM   #17
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Looks like a great time! Glad you had fun. Next time take me with you...
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 11:33 AM   #18
LuckyHubbyW/aDJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Looks like a great time! Glad you had fun. Next time take me with you...
I feel much better now. I was going to ask the same exact thing but was kinda shy to until you did??

Though I'm sure he'll prefer to bring you instead?!
LuckyHubbyW/aDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 11:36 AM   #19
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyHubbyW/aDJ View Post
I feel much better now. I was going to ask the same exact thing but was kinda shy to until you did??

Maybe he’ll take us both!!!!
Old 27 July 2020, 11:39 AM   #20
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyHubbyW/aDJ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Maybe he’ll take us both!!!!
We're looking to get back to San Diego next year so if that happens, Paul's up to bat. Anaheim, here we come!
Old 27 July 2020, 11:56 AM   #21
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
We're looking to get back to San Diego next year so if that happens, Paul's up to bat. Anaheim, here we come!
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!
Old 27 July 2020, 12:25 PM   #22
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Nice pics! Good on you all for wearing masks and glad you and your fam could spend some safe quality time together.

Florida needs more like you.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 03:18 PM   #23
Cru Jones

Thanks for the report and photos. Glad you all had a good and, what looks like, a safe time.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:13 PM   #24
austinp
"TRF" Member

I had written off Disney before COVID because the crowds seem to have gotten so large the last couple years. We were pass holders for years when the kids were younger. After seeing your pics and reading the review I think we will go back in September. It looks awesome with such light crowds.

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 10:18 PM   #25
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I had written off Disney before COVID because the crowds seem to have gotten so large the last couple years. We were pass holders for years when the kids were younger. After seeing your pics and reading the review I think we will go back in September. It looks awesome with such light crowds.

I would highly recommend it if you and the family are interested in the rides. Yes, no meet and greets and shows are lacking at the moment, but if you're a Disney veteran and have seen all the shows, then no real loss there.

I mentioned it previously, but the reservation system is great in controlling the amount of people they let in. We just reserved another 3 dates for Sep, Oct and Dec.
Old 27 July 2020, 10:48 PM   #26
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
Quote:
Two Sailors in San Diego heading out together, what could go wrong......

Great pics J. please keep em' coming.
Beo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2020, 01:02 AM   #27
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo3 View Post
Two Sailors in San Diego heading out together, what could go wrong......

Great pics J. please keep em' coming.
Trouble's always brewing when two shall meet...wonder what kind of shenanigans we'd get into with a Zoomie there as well
Old 28 July 2020, 01:24 AM   #28
Beo3

Quote:
[QUOTE=jpeezy14@hotmail.com;10780308]Trouble's always brewing when two shall meet...wonder what kind of shenanigans we'd get into with a Zoomie there as well [/QUOTE

Lots

We could do a joint services exercise/drunk fest together.

I also have a nephew in the Marines stationed at the Air Wing in Miramar. We could abuse him and make him the designated driver, lol!
Old 28 July 2020, 03:33 AM   #29
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Trouble's always brewing when two shall meet...wonder what kind of shenanigans we'd get into with a Zoomie there as well
How DARE you suggest I might not act in a completely professional manner! With complete integrity!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5F35BB00-A4EF-422C-A0FF-5284584CF1DC.jpeg (158.9 KB, 210 views)
Old 28 July 2020, 05:25 AM   #30
Beo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevtcguy View Post
how dare you suggest i might not act in a completely professional manner! With complete integrity!
lol!