The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 4 September 2021, 04:47 AM   #1
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Cartier Tank Must vs Solarbeat

Hi all,

I've been contemplating adding a Cartier Tank Must to the mix. Simple everyday watch that leans on the dressier side. I'm usually in a blazer/chinos mix or occasionally suit for the office.

With my 6"1/3 / 6.5" wrist, I think the simple "Large" model should work well size wise.

I just need a simple everyday piece and for this particular model I think the regular quartz steel version is ample. I would've loved it to be in an automatic but I'm not a fan of the date window (and the larger size). I also don't feel like I need to go to the PM models either. If I ventured in that range, I would've consider alternative brands. I just want a tank for a tank haha.

Either way, my focus is the current Tank Must or potentially the new Solarbeat version of it. Both watches looks aesthetically the same and I believe the sizing is the same as well.

Anyone else see the new model live yet? And/or believe its worth waiting? Not sure if there is a price difference either.

Would love to hear some general thoughts. Cheers!

EDIT: Crazily enough, I haven't had a chance to go in to try on the watch. The boutique here is still by appointments only and time slots aren't available until end of the month.... yeah, go figure lol. How does the size compare to say a DJ 36?
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 02:13 PM   #2
nellyregulate
"TRF" Member

I have a deposit on hold for a Solarbeat, and it was supposed to be released in September. Some comments on articles about the timepiece have said Cartier told them November, but I haven’t received any updates.

I’m drawn to the Solarbeat over the regular quartz due to the innovative dial design for the numerals to let in the sunlight needed to power the watch, all while maintaining the classic design. Can’t wait to receive it!
nellyregulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2021, 11:32 PM   #3
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
I am also waiting on the Solarbeat. My AD called yesterday and Cartier has still not given them a date on delivery.
I think I would choose over a quartz version due to the technology and 16 year service interval.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 10:02 PM   #4
Spurman
"TRF" Member

Jesus. Fits the bill for my dad.

He wants
1. Rectangular iconic watch
2. Quartz but if theres a solar powered will jump in immediately.
3. Small sized.

Well. This then over jlc reverso
Spurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 02:18 AM   #5
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
Hi all,

I've been contemplating adding a Cartier Tank Must to the mix. Simple everyday watch that leans on the dressier side. I'm usually in a blazer/chinos mix or occasionally suit for the office.

With my 6"1/3 / 6.5" wrist, I think the simple "Large" model should work well size wise.

I just need a simple everyday piece and for this particular model I think the regular quartz steel version is ample. I would've loved it to be in an automatic but I'm not a fan of the date window (and the larger size). I also don't feel like I need to go to the PM models either. If I ventured in that range, I would've consider alternative brands. I just want a tank for a tank haha.

Either way, my focus is the current Tank Must or potentially the new Solarbeat version of it. Both watches looks aesthetically the same and I believe the sizing is the same as well.

Anyone else see the new model live yet? And/or believe its worth waiting? Not sure if there is a price difference either.

Would love to hear some general thoughts. Cheers!

EDIT: Crazily enough, I haven't had a chance to go in to try on the watch. The boutique here is still by appointments only and time slots aren't available until end of the month.... yeah, go figure lol. How does the size compare to say a DJ 36?
Tanks are great watches. I've had a manual wind Tank for over a decade. You can't really compare how they wear with a round watch such as a DJ 36mm. Rectangular and square watches tend to wear a bit larger than a round watch with similar dimensions. So it is very important to try on a square or rectangular watch to see how it fits and looks on your wrist.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 06:32 AM   #6
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

I wish they made the new solar best or tank must with the folding Cartier clasp. The pin buckle really doesn’t do it for me.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 07:36 AM   #7
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Can't go wrong with the Cartier tank!
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 08:05 AM   #8
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
I wish they made the new solar best or tank must with the folding Cartier clasp. The pin buckle really doesn’t do it for me.
You can buy a deployant for it.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 08:54 AM   #9
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
You can buy a deployant for it.
are you positive? When I spoke to Cartier on the phone they weren't sure it was possible - they only knew that you could order an alligator strap for it but not sure of a deployent for the new musts
Old 8 December 2021, 11:16 AM   #10
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
are you positive? When I spoke to Cartier on the phone they weren't sure it was possible - they only knew that you could order an alligator strap for it but not sure of a deployent for the new musts
https://www.troisanneaux.com/news/th...the-must-tank/

I'm reading the last line as a deployant is available for anything with a pin. When I spoke to a sales associate at the boutique a few months ago about the Cintree, she said basically the same thing. A deployant can be added to anything with a pin but I'll need to buy the deployant and a new strap.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2021, 11:38 AM   #11
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
https://www.troisanneaux.com/news/th...the-must-tank/

I'm reading the last line as a deployant is available for anything with a pin. When I spoke to a sales associate at the boutique a few months ago about the Cintree, she said basically the same thing. A deployant can be added to anything with a pin but I'll need to buy the deployant and a new strap.
Wow that’s great news thank you for sharing! I love the new must but not a fan of the pebbled leather. adding an alligator strap with the deployment buckle makes the watch a no brained for me. Even though it’s quartz I think it’s okay to have one quartz in a collection and if you’re gonna have one there is no better watch than this.