The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 November 2021, 08:42 PM   #31
yoast
"TRF" Member

Old 23 November 2021, 10:07 PM   #32
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
In past years, found the best prices on kitchen appliances and washers/dryers would show up for BF, but I haven't been in the market for awhile now, so that may have changed. I know a lot of places start some of their better Christmas promotions much earlier now. All a reaction to the growth of online purchases and the in-store BF craziness we were seeing not that long ago.
Old 24 November 2021, 12:00 AM   #33
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

i'm STILL very deeply offended by the name BLACK Friday.

Still feeling triggered.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 12:16 AM   #34
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT009 View Post
77 inch Sony OLED
Just ordered one and a Sonos sound bar/system to go with it. It's time to freshen up the great room!
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 02:14 AM   #35
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
I’ll cruise the circuit….

Best Buy, Walmart, the liquor store….
Opposite order I’m going in. Meet in the middle. I’ll be the guy inside the shopping cart asleep at the toiletries aisle.
Old 24 November 2021, 06:54 AM   #36
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
BLACK Friday Sales... What are you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
This place is great toe ski gear too!
https://www.wildhornoutfitters.com/

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 07:29 AM   #37
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
This place is great toe ski gear too!
https://www.wildhornoutfitters.com/
Saweet! Thanks for the link! Do you know anything about these guys? outdoormaster.com Their helmet system looks pretty cool and I need some new goggles, so I thought I might try a pair of theirs out. Your link is another one to consider, though.

If you like watching vids as much as I do, check out the Carv channel on YouTube. They have some of the top instructors and racers in the world signed up with their system and if you go to their YouTube channel they post tips and videos every few days. The videos are so well done and most of them are shot in the Alps, so the locations are beautiful. There are awesome tips in there.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 07:26 PM   #38
2ltdjorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
underwear.

First GTG El Paso Nov 2016, WISCON 2019.

Would rather be on the river, somewhere.
2ltdjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 10:02 PM   #39
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
i'm STILL very deeply offended by the name BLACK Friday.

Still feeling triggered.
"Black lives matter" Friday it is then
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 01:23 AM   #40
rumiamiles
"TRF" Member

Pajamas for women can be cozy and attractive. A nice pair of pajamas will not only fit your style, but they will also be comfortable. They're also a great way to express yourself and let your personality shine through. The best pajamas for women will give you a glamorous and feminine image. You'll be sure to look good with Sleeper. They'll make you feel better too.
rumiamiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 02:38 AM   #41
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

We got a new computer screen, a curved one, for my wife's study.
Old 27 November 2021, 04:08 AM   #42
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
We got a new computer screen, a curved one, for my wife's study.
I just got one, too. Best Buy was doing pre-Black Friday pricing a few weeks ago and I had a pretty large gift card to use, so I picked up a really nice ultrawide 30" curved monitor. It took a little getting used to the curved vs flat but I like it a lot. Now I want a bigger one!

I just got a new Google Nest mesh router. My old single router wasn't able to handle all of our increased bandwidth usage and we have dead spots and buffering issues in certain parts of the house. This was a great Black Friday deal at $100 off and I got the router with two expansion points. I had a balance left on my Best Buy gift card and it ended up being almost free.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 27 November 2021, 04:23 AM   #43
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
I just got one, too. Best Buy was doing pre-Black Friday pricing a few weeks ago and I had a pretty large gift card to use, so I picked up a really nice ultrawide 30" curved monitor. It took a little getting used to the curved vs flat but I like it a lot. Now I want a bigger one!

I just got a new Google Nest mesh router. My old single router wasn't able to handle all of our increased bandwidth usage and we have dead spots and buffering issues in certain parts of the house. This was a great Black Friday deal at $100 off and I got the router with two expansion points. I had a balance left on my Best Buy gift card and it ended up being almost free.

Ultrawide is incredible once you get used to it. I had similar hesitations, but using one it is very nice, especially if the curve is moderate and not extreme. I'm running a 38 inch (1800R curve) right now that I thought would be too big at first. With use definitely a good size, especially for productivity purposes. I think 34 inch ultrawide is the sweet spot though for most.

If you're looking to upsize the Alienware 38 ultrawide is almost half price today.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/revie...nware-aw3821dw

The LG 38 is very nice as well and the panel supplier for Dell/Alienware's version. Though not on sale at the moment at as large of a discount.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 04:27 AM   #44
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Is there a deal on those? I’d love to replace the living room with oled
Check out Best Buy and/or Costco right now. OLED and 9 million self illuminating pixels is a game changer. Movies, sports, gaming all top notch from my experience. 65 inch models are the best bang for the buck right now priced not much more than 55 inch panels. 77 inch though is quite good price right now if wanting larger. I'd make the jump now, before CES in January when new models announced. Probably your last chance other than the Super Bowl to really get a deal until May/June when the 2022 models come out that will be announced at CES.
Old 27 November 2021, 04:29 AM   #45
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I got some Air Pod Pro's for £55 off at John Lewis's. They are decent, not as good (by far) as my wired Camp Fire Audio buds but will work well with the machines in the Gym I use.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 04:33 AM   #46
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Ultrawide is incredible once you get used to it. I had similar hesitations, but using one it is very nice, especially if the curve is moderate and not extreme. I'm running a 38 inch (1800R curve) right now that I thought would be too big at first. With use definitely a good size, especially for productivity purposes. I think 34 inch ultrawide is the sweet spot though for most.

If you're looking to upsize the Alienware 38 ultrawide is almost half price today.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/revie...nware-aw3821dw

The LG 38 is very nice as well and the panel supplier for Dell/Alienware's version. Though not on sale at the moment at as large of a discount.
Great tips. Thank you. I agree. Now that I've had about 3 weeks to use it I wish it was a 34. I actually really wanted a 34 to begin with but the one I had picked out sold out before I was ready to pull the trigger. This 30 actually had a little better specs than the 34 I had originally picked out, so maybe it was for the best.

Would it be weird to have a dual monitor setup using two curved ultrawides if I got another one of my same monitor? That might be too much monitor!

My 13 year old really is hankering for a PC for his birthday next year, so if I'm still itching for something bigger maybe I'll give him this one and get a larger one for myself then.

Old 27 November 2021, 04:37 AM   #47
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I am buying stocks, the stock market is having a black friday sales today. :)
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2021, 05:03 AM   #48
austinp
"TRF" Member

Scored the Goose Island Bourbon Country line up this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 03:47 AM   #49
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great tips. Thank you. I agree. Now that I've had about 3 weeks to use it I wish it was a 34. I actually really wanted a 34 to begin with but the one I had picked out sold out before I was ready to pull the trigger. This 30 actually had a little better specs than the 34 I had originally picked out, so maybe it was for the best.

Would it be weird to have a dual monitor setup using two curved ultrawides if I got another one of my same monitor? That might be too much monitor!

My 13 year old really is hankering for a PC for his birthday next year, so if I'm still itching for something bigger maybe I'll give him this one and get a larger one for myself then.

I think dual ultrawides could work very well for productivity (excel, word, outlook, among other specialized programs). For any gaming, it's going to be pretty tough for a GPU to push out enough pixels to cover dual ultra wides at decent frame rates. A Nvidia RTX 3090 would probably do ok. Perhaps a 3080ti or 3080, though maybe not with their lower VRAMs.

If you do give your son a PC (and monitor), definitely check out the 38 inch (really 37.5 inches) as well before making a decision for yourself. In practice, I like that size a lot more than I was expecting. They run at a higher 1600p ultrawide+ and large 21:9 aspect ratio (so more pixels need driven at the top of the screen vs 21:10 ratio on most 1440p and 1080p ultrawides). The additional pixels no problem for productivity work, but if gaming it may cause the need for an upgraded GPU at this size.

One thought on dual monitor ultrawide in addition is that it could make sense to mount one on top of the other rather than the two side by side. If you prefer side by side, check out the Samsung 49 inch for a similar feel to see if you like the horizontal scale.

Enjoy what you have now though too, because just like Rolex there will always be the next big thing/chase involved.
Old 2 December 2021, 07:46 AM   #50
snypa
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Bluesy!
Luckily for me I am buying all new kitchen appliances and various bits for our new house, although pretty boring purchases! Best of the bunch was an LG Oled TV and Sonos Beam to go with the rest of my Sonos setup.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

"Time will continue to move forward, whether you choose to make something of it or not"
snypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 04:30 PM   #51
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Sweet! Where did you find them?

I bought my Atomic skis from Evo a few years ago. https://www.evo.com/shop/ski/skis - If you don't have the wireless puck speakers for your helmet I would suggest them too!
New skis arrived yesterday. Evo was awesome. I'm super pumped. Now I need to go get the bindings mounted.

Old 8 December 2021, 07:04 AM   #52
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
BLACK Friday Sales... What are you looking for?

Quote:
New skis arrived yesterday. Evo was awesome. I'm super pumped. Now I need to go get the bindings mounted.
Those look Great! Cheers to a Great 21/22 Ski Season!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote