The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 December 2021, 05:39 PM   #1
favre12rodgers
Banned

Thoughts on the 2021-2022 Escalades?

Anyone own one? Opinions or observations?
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
I was driving one for 3 months love the thing but wayyyyy to expensive for a Cadillac. If you dont care about resale value though its a great suv lots of tech and rides so good.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 10:09 PM   #3
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

I fell in love with the Escalade when an Uber driver gave me a ride in one. I can see getting one for long trips but would also like to hear thoughts.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 10:10 PM   #4
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
I was driving one for 3 months love the thing but wayyyyy to expensive for a Cadillac. If you dont care about resale value though its a great suv lots of tech and rides so good.
Resale quite strong now Danny!

Great looking ride too!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 11:00 PM   #5
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I had one for a month and loved the look, tech and features but it felt....well....too much of a truck. I drive trucks daily and if I wanted something luxurious this wouldn't be it. I want to love it, but I feel the germans offer much nicer comfort and not "truck" feeling. I guess if you like that truck feeling, this is good for you. If, like myself who is always in trucks, I would opt not to get this one.
1st amg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 11:11 PM   #6
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have always like them but have stayed away because of price and depreciation. I have a relative that has several and he swears by them. He also keeps them for a while and buys pre-owned.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 12:16 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I’d rather have a 2022 LX.
Old 5 December 2021, 12:39 AM   #8
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN

It’s incredible - if you need a vehicle of that size there’s nothing better. Tech and comfort and top notch.

As far as resale - right now they command a premium and the secondary market is super strong. Time will tell once the inventory situation corrects itself how these fair - I personally think secondary values will remain very favorable for the next 2 years for most vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 December 2021, 01:31 AM   #9
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Have one since launch. If you need three usable rows, nothing is touching it.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 01:55 AM   #10
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I’ve been debating ordering one but the lifter issue in the current engines has me hesitant. They’re beautiful trucks otherwise
Ghost410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 01:59 AM   #11
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
The LX is built on an actual truck frame and has all of the rock climbing kit of the Land Cruiser, but it ain’t cheap.

My sister in law drives a Yukon XL with all of the options and loves it.
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 02:34 AM   #12
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
The girl was looking at the them but ended up ordering her a Denali instead.
Old 5 December 2021, 02:42 AM   #13
-dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost410 View Post
I’ve been debating ordering one but the lifter issue in the current engines has me hesitant. They’re beautiful trucks otherwise
Was about to ask if these were the same as the Tahoe/ Yukon engines. 2 coworkers are having lifters replaced. The only 2 coworkers with these engines.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 04:02 AM   #14
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Wow they are twice the price now then they were when I was a young lad lol
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 04:46 AM   #15
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoOne View Post
The LX is built on an actual truck frame and has all of the rock climbing kit of the Land Cruiser, but it ain’t cheap.

My sister in law drives a Yukon XL with all of the options and loves it.

Not pricy relative to the Escalade. I’ve heard you can’t even get the caddy right now. I’d only buy an Escalade if I needed the xl and wanted to tow a big boat. I have an inherent bias against GM that I won’t get into.

The joke of the full size GM trucks is unless you get the Escalade loaded they are missing some key tech features that are standard on 30k cars. Super cruise should be on all full size GM trucks and SUVs. They’ve also had a rough start in terms of recalls on the Tahoe’s and Yukon’s.
Old 5 December 2021, 10:55 PM   #16
muskaroxs
"TRF" Member

Look at the Grand Wagoneer that was just released.
muskaroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 11:15 PM   #17
Watchflair

Quote:
Not pricy relative to the Escalade. I’ve heard you can’t even get the caddy right now. I’d only buy an Escalade if I needed the xl and wanted to tow a big boat. I have an inherent bias against GM that I won’t get into.

The joke of the full size GM trucks is unless you get the Escalade loaded they are missing some key tech features that are standard on 30k cars. Super cruise should be on all full size GM trucks and SUVs. They’ve also had a rough start in terms of recalls on the Tahoe’s and Yukon’s.

Not sure what you mean - don’t know if any $30k cars that have a super cruise feature standard as advanced as super cruise is

Old 6 December 2021, 12:03 AM   #18
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Not sure what you mean - don’t know if any $30k cars that have a super cruise feature standard as advanced as super cruise is

The Koreans do. It’s called highway driving assist and pairs with smart cruise control and lane follow assist. It’s a brilliant execution and is offered in numerous vehicles throughout Kia Hyundai and Genesis. I’ve been using it for the last 18 months in my wife’s palisade.
Old 6 December 2021, 12:42 AM   #19
Watchflair

Mercedes Benz has had that for years in their Driver Assistance package with Distronic - definitely a difference between super cruise and that technology.

Old 6 December 2021, 01:12 AM   #20
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
There was one new one on the lot the other day with a $25,000 dealer fee added. Probably sold by now.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 02:31 AM   #21
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Mercedes Benz has had that for years in their Driver Assistance package with Distronic - definitely a difference between super cruise and that technology.

I’ll have to check out super cruise more in depth. Either way an advanced cruise control system is sorely needed on an 85k people hauler like the Yukon Denali or Tahoe high country. Limiting it to the Escalade when it’s been offered on cheap caddies and Chevy pickups is kind of offensive.
Old 6 December 2021, 02:39 AM   #22
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve got one on the way.

Escalade is one heck of a luxury vehicle. The Navigator is as well. If you aren’t planning on holding it behind the warranty period, it’s a great choice. I love the new interior and dash. I went with the new LX mainly for reliability.
HHIslander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 02:42 AM   #23
Watchflair

Quote:
I’ll have to check out super cruise more in depth. Either way an advanced cruise control system is sorely needed on an 85k people hauler like the Yukon Denali or Tahoe high country. Limiting it to the Escalade when it’s been offered on cheap caddies and Chevy pickups is kind of offensive.

Agreed it should be standard equipment at that price point - it’s a $2500 option. I believe the main reason it didn’t go standard for 2022 was the semi conductor issue - manufacturers had to get creative with what to take out etc in order to get vehicles completed.

Mercedes for the S class went from offering active ambient lighting (multi color lights that changed etc) to standard ambient lighting (several color options but not as animated) being used as the later used 1 semi conductor versus the active ambient lighting using 6.

Old 6 December 2021, 03:35 AM   #24
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Agreed it should be standard equipment at that price point - it’s a $2500 option. I believe the main reason it didn’t go standard for 2022 was the semi conductor issue - manufacturers had to get creative with what to take out etc in order to get vehicles completed.

Mercedes for the S class went from offering active ambient lighting (multi color lights that changed etc) to standard ambient lighting (several color options but not as animated) being used as the later used 1 semi conductor versus the active ambient lighting using 6.

Yeah everything in terms of options has been touch and go. Now that you mention it I think I was recalling my experience looking for a Yukon AT4 where it wasn’t even an option to get basic adaptive cruise. That annoyed me because that’s otherwise a very attractive package. Then even some denalis that where on lots wouldn’t have the package which would be a deal breaker. I think it’s only optionable on the Yukon Denali but then it’s on some Silverado’s. Strange. Maybe they’ve since changed this.
Old 6 December 2021, 03:40 AM   #25
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
I’ve got one on the way.

Escalade is one heck of a luxury vehicle. The Navigator is as well. If you aren’t planning on holding it behind the warranty period, it’s a great choice. I love the new interior and dash. I went with the new LX mainly for reliability.

Yeah I can’t really endorse any lexus for the tech offered haha I just like them and I gather many more feel the same about their full sized GM trucks and SUVs.

Congrats on the new truck.
Old 6 December 2021, 04:40 AM   #26
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Hopefully they improved reliability from previous version. My buddy had the Denali with constant issues and my wife has an 18 Escalade and we’re deep in the process to get GM to buy it back. Broken lifters, repeated transmission issues, 4 blown shocks, head unit needed to be replaced twice, TVs replaced, constant electrical draw that they can’t find after 3 trips to the dealer and probably worst is the paint is completely oxidized after a few years. Wife needs the extra space for the 3 kids around town and road trips so the new Escalade or navigator are probably the only options.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:19 AM   #27
Schmed
"TRF" Member

Neighbor had an older one (2019?). A/C problems, brake problems. Dealer didn't respond to his complaints about two of the same A/C problems. One in and one out of warranty. He ordered a new one last month.

Me? I have a hard time giving my money back to GM when I've had problems with them.

Lexus LX or Toyota LandCruiser for me.
Schmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 01:17 PM   #28
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:

Or a 2021, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15

Unfortunately big GM suvs have always been pretty low quality. Ol consumer reports crush them. My sister has a 2015 suburban Ltz prestige premiere platinum iridium diamond encrusted bald eagle edition and it’s been through 2 transmissions in just under 100k miles. That 10 speed co developed with ford hasn’t been exactly….reliable. Don’t get me wrong they are awesome on road trips but in the long haul maybe consider what I’m thinking of. My wife wants a road trip hyper miler so I am actually “considering” a Yukon Denali with the Duramax. They get between 600-700 miles per tank. My GX gets 300 on premium going down hill with a tailwind. The key is leasing it and doing so at equal to or less than msrp. Hopefully that gets her through this crazy car market without being crazy underwater when we come out the other side. I wish the diesel LX was in the states. Would make a great pair with my GX.

airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 02:49 PM   #29
favre12rodgers
Banned

Interesting, thanks for the insight.

We actually have a 2021 BMW X7 right now (wife's vehicle) but my M5 lease is up in 2-3 weeks and I honestly don't know what to get. December is normally the best time to buy. I obviously didn't forsee what would be going on in December 2021 when I leased the M5 in December 2019 so now I'm kind of stuck. I've pretty much only owned German cars....so not sure what to make of Denalis/Escalades, etc.

I can get an Escalade for MSRP.....but yeah, they are definitely pricey still for a domestic vehicle. I'm sure Range Rovers are going to be ridiculously over MSRP ala G-Wagons once they are released so that isn't really an option. I will not pay over MSRP for a car.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:16 PM   #30
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
I’d suggest a well built Mercedes gle with 3rd row if you need it or gls.... I have a garage full of super cars/exotics, an s class convertible also and I have like a fully built 350 gle (amg was t avail yet when I got it) and I am so in love with it ..... looking for a 63 as we speak however I’ve been driving my 350 with the standard dampers (amazingly compliant, smooth yet handles well) and the 22 inch wheel package with the wide tires and amazing offset/camber for a stock suv... reminds me stance wise of the older BMW X5 4.6-8 which I always loved

I’ve been driving back roads in nywith it and yea it’s not an amg or super sports suv in trim but it handles really well

I have my specialized mountain bike in the back trunk with part of the seats down and still one seat up in the back that I put my duffle on for travel

Infotainment, ambient lighting, burmester surround sound are just all amazing in it.... it just oozes premium

Look into it :)
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote