The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2021, 01:06 AM   #121
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by strettyend View Post
Awesome GT3. Lava Orange?

That open wheel car is so cool
Any thoughts on your direction?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:49 AM   #122
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Summit F2000 - 1:10's
Summit GT3 - 1:19's

Longer track like VIR may be a bit closer but doubt it. I do not track the GT3 much.

Niiice!!! I'll never forget the first time i broke under 1 minute at the pre-repave LRP. It seemed sooo easy with the F2000! With scrubbed Hoosier 35s @ LRP just after repave we were in the 51's easy and hunting 50s... then came the rain and that was it for the season back then.

With Hoosier 25s and the right weather/track conditions, i bet 49's was in the offering (maybe 48 with a hot setup).

Not sure if you've ever done WGI, yet make sure you get the gearing and aero right. Choose the wrong top gear as we had headwinds during practice and got eaten alive due to tailwinds during the race.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:58 AM   #123
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Niiice!!! I'll never forget the first time i broke under 1 minute at the pre-repave LRP. It seemed sooo easy with the F2000! With scrubbed Hoosier 35s @ LRP just after repave we were in the 51's easy and hunting 50s... then came the rain and that was it for the season back then.

With Hoosier 25s and the right weather/track conditions, i bet 49's was in the offering (maybe 48 with a hot setup).

Not sure if you've ever done WGI, yet make sure you get the gearing and aero right. Choose the wrong top gear as we had headwinds during practice and got eaten alive due to tailwinds during the race.
I have been to the Glen many times, though FRP no longer runs there. One of my favorites for sure.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 02:47 AM   #124
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Any thoughts on your direction?

Flip flopping between F12 and 458 currently with a bias toward the V12. Going to check out one of each this weekend as soon as I return from a business trip.

While the 458 is beautiful and has that classic mid-rear engine look that I love, a nice example is encroaching on F12 territory on the second hand market and I really like the idea of a v12 cruiser with 730hp to complement the GT3. Hoping to have a clear view after spending time with both this weekend!
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 05:07 AM   #125
encarter13
"TRF" Member

I am going to jump on the GT3 bandwagon. I would love to have a Ferrari, but I am a PCar guy heart.
Old 1 December 2021, 05:47 AM   #126
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Flip flopping between F12 and 458 currently with a bias toward the V12. Going to check out one of each this weekend as soon as I return from a business trip.

While the 458 is beautiful and has that classic mid-rear engine look that I love, a nice example is encroaching on F12 territory on the second hand market and I really like the idea of a v12 cruiser with 730hp to complement the GT3. Hoping to have a clear view after spending time with both this weekend!
GT3 and a big V12 sounds perfect to me brother. Hard to beat that combo.

I absolutely love the 458. But I think I’d likely do what you are doing too!

Old 1 December 2021, 06:23 AM   #127
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:

No wrong choice here. I’d go for the 458 as it’s been my dream since it came out. I prefer it to the 488, etc.

However with a GT3 In the garage the v12 front engine cruiser is a nice match for variety. How many cars with the engine behind you can you need (one more than I have is my answer haha).

Have you driven both? Maybe you already said as much.
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 07:16 AM   #128
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Have driven a 458 on road and track and its a special machine and will go down as a classic. Have never driven a v12 Ferrari so I’m very much looking forward to the experience.
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
Old 1 December 2021, 07:20 AM   #129
rlj676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have driven a 458 on road and track and its a special machine and will go down as a classic. Have never driven a v12 Ferrari so I’m very much looking forward to the experience.
I think that’ll seal the deal for you…
rlj676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 07:42 AM   #130
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

I’ve spent a lot of time in the Scuderia. Terrific Ferrari but the gearbox shows its age if you’ve become accustomed to DCT/PDK boxes. Good value right now, as they’ve really lagged behind the 458 appreciation of the last year. Pretty bulletproof too.

Quote:
Anyone ever owned or had a go in a 430 Scuderia? That’s another interesting one for me and a car that I think will only be appreciated more and more in the future
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 07:52 AM   #131
KM95
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Mine says hello as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 07:54 AM   #132
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore66 View Post
I’ve spent a lot of time in the Scuderia. Terrific Ferrari but the gearbox shows its age if you’ve become accustomed to DCT/PDK boxes. Good value right now, as they’ve really lagged behind the 458 appreciation of the last year. Pretty bulletproof too.
There is a shop in Texas that has done at least one conversion
Old 1 December 2021, 02:07 PM   #133
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM95 View Post
And mine!

Stunner!
Old 5 December 2021, 04:33 AM   #134
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quick update: Finally made my way to a local dealer (Ferrari of Central Jersey - super nice and helpful people).

They had an F12 in the showroom that I wanted to take a look at. It wasn’t a spec I would go for (rosso corsa) but I wanted to get a feel for the car in real life. Beautiful car but I think not being the ideal spec made it a little difficult for me to judge how badly I wanted it. The interior was beautiful and the exhaust sounded absolutely savage.

My one main issue with the F12 was the view out front and over the hood. I’m not especially tall and the hood is loooong, making visibility challenging for me. In the GT3 I feel I can place the front right wheel and fender almost with my eyes closed, but in the F12 I felt like I was almost guessing where the wheel was which might make some drives up here in the northeast hairy on narrower roads.

There was also a 458 next to it that honestly looked incredible. I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve been up close and personal with a 458 but there were so many curves and design features that I just totally forgot about / don’t show in photos. It was also finished in Nero Daytona which is by far my favorite color - a black with metallic fleck that looks incredible under the lights. Seating position was also a lot more comfortable for me and looking out the front felt very much like a 911, although a bit lower.

I have some thinking to do in terms of what route I want to go down and hopefully seeing a F12 in a different spec (black, Diamond cut wheels) will make the options more clear.

Oh btw, they do have a 458 Speciale in Nero Daytona with a silver and white stripe. It wasn’t in today but I will check it out next weekend. Probably out of the realm of what I am looking for but that is definitely one car I would trade the GT3 toward…
Old 5 December 2021, 05:08 AM   #135
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

17 votes for the Speciale.

Old 5 December 2021, 05:20 AM   #136
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Haha knew you’d say that. It’s just way above where I want to be $ wise
Old 5 December 2021, 12:14 PM   #137
Ballzzz

Very hard decision to make, 458S>f12>458
Old 5 December 2021, 12:58 PM   #138
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
100% agree, you should have a Ferrari (at least) once in your life.

With that said, please kindly allow me to take a moment to enlighten you about public roadways and the 'Blue Light Special'. If God ever made a car that seduced man to test the laws of physics, its name would be Ferrari.

PS: Driveway thread people, this is the driveway.

Attachment 1255725

Attachment 1255726

Attachment 1255727

Attachment 1255728

Great thread! Yep. I’ve been thinking about trading a Rolex for a Ferrari. Or buying one. No rush. Probably 2-3 years out. Always wanted a 308/328/338.

I may go for a more modern model. We shall see. A super cool work of art, much like many of the watches we like so much.
Old 5 December 2021, 01:28 PM   #139
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Has anyone driven the California? Before Covid there were some pretty good deals on pre-owned ones. They were priced pretty similarly to a 997 C4S cabriolet though. There seem to be a lot of mixed reviews online.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 10:00 PM   #140
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
17 votes for the Speciale.
18 votes now!
Seriously no wrong answer….458, Speciale, F12….all very beautiful and definitely more melodic and stirring than the newer variants (488, F8) if that’s important. I turned in the 488 for a 22 Evo, and wow…such a difference in technology, feel, and as for sound and smiles…
there’s 0 comparison.
The wife wanted to do a 2/1 trade into something a bit more exciting/exotic, and has now moved onwards from her C8 and SLC300.
Keep us posted….the chase is always fun!
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 11:24 PM   #141
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
18 votes now!
Seriously no wrong answer….458, Speciale, F12….all very beautiful and definitely more melodic and stirring than the newer variants (488, F8) if that’s important. I turned in the 488 for a 22 Evo, and wow…such a difference in technology, feel, and as for sound and smiles…
there’s 0 comparison.
The wife wanted to do a 2/1 trade into something a bit more exciting/exotic, and has now moved onwards from her C8 and SLC300.
Keep us posted….the chase is always fun!

Definitely important and why I am focusing on the NA cars. There is definitely a place for forced induction but my first Ferrari has to be sans turbo. Any pics of the Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Very hard decision to make, 458S>f12>458

Very fair rank order. I’d say I probably prefer the look and shape of the 458 but it doesn’t have a V12 which I may always wonder why I didn’t spring for the F12 if I go down that path. The crazy thing is you could almost buy both for the current Speciale pricing :)
Old 5 December 2021, 11:52 PM   #142
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I faced a same decision when I had my 458 Italia.....again, stirs the soul but wanted something a bit more unique. The 458 was my first Ferrari and it was a hook, line and sinker for me. Something very special about Ferrari above all the other brands.

I then started leaning towards a 458 Speciale for some time. Being a regular on the Ferrari Forum,. the only thing that owners of both a 458 and a Speciale said that the "regular" 458 actually sounded better and that it was very difficult to notice any difference on the street between both variations. It was more that you had a very limited production Ferrari or bragging rights so to speak. This thought kept going through my head for sometime and I finally came to a conclusion that I was only going to get the Speciale for that reason. Which lead me to the 2020 812SF.

It was around the same money and I justified it very quickly as this is a V12 NA and possibly nothing like this will ever come out again unless its the Ferrari Icona cars which are for the extremely wealthy and multiple Ferrari owners type...which I am not! These Icona cars like the recently released SP3 Daytona is between 2-3 Million

I can tell you, this decision for me personally to own a V12 Ferrari which is their best powerplant was the right decision for me. You get used to the very different driving dynamics quickly and instead of sitting on the front wheels like the 458, you are sitting on the rear wheels. You actually feel the car a lot more in its reactions. Anyway, good luck and this thread is a beauty for sure
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 11:54 PM   #143
rmlovett1

Quote:
Definitely important and why I am focusing on the NA cars. There is definitely a place for forced induction but my first Ferrari has to be sans turbo. Any pics of the Evo?

Very fair rank order. I’d say I probably prefer the look and shape of the 458 but it doesn’t have a V12 which I may always wonder why I didn’t spring for the F12 if I go down that path. The crazy thing is you could almost buy both for the current Speciale pricing :)

Agreed! A NA Ferrari is special and becoming extinct unfortunately. The Evo has turned out to be a very exciting car ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 5 December 2021, 11:58 PM   #144
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Evo is a beast. Wish I still had mine.

It is great on every level, except maybe visibility. But power, sound, looks, etc….top of the game. And that NA V10. My god….

The tech is also top notch and destroys most other exotics. It’s also comfortable in comparison too. Truly might be one of the best exotics ever.

You spec is also incredible.

This thread now has mr looking at Speciale’s but damn…$$$

Old 5 December 2021, 11:59 PM   #145
1st amg

Wow a monster the Evo. Raw power at its best

Old 6 December 2021, 12:16 AM   #146
rmlovett1

Quote:

It is great on every level, except maybe visibility. But power, sound, looks, etc….top of the game. And that NA V10. My god….

The tech is also top notch and destroys most other exotics. It’s also comfortable in comparison too. Truly might be one of the best exotics ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Wow a monster the Evo. Raw power at its best

Thanks gentlemen. Between what you have coming Seth, and the choice you made Nick….there’s some incredible vehicles on the horizon and within this thread alone, as well as others I’ve seen posted on TRF.
You guys have chosen well and I’m truly happy for you guys! I certainly feel blessed and happy with my choices! Wish we all lived closer…that’d be a helluva drive together!
Old 6 December 2021, 12:27 AM   #147
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I want to be Richard when I grow up. Driving my Lamborghini in the mountains.
Old 6 December 2021, 01:56 AM   #148
1st amg

Quote:
Thanks gentlemen. Between what you have coming Seth, and the choice you made Nick….there’s some incredible vehicles on the horizon and within this thread alone, as well as others I’ve seen posted on TRF.
You guys have chosen well and I’m truly happy for you guys! I certainly feel blessed and happy with my choices! Wish we all lived closer…that’d be a helluva drive together!

You couldn’t have said it any better. Maybe one day we can put together a group for a watch and car meet.

Old 6 December 2021, 02:20 AM   #149
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Prices have definitely jumped almost 30% this year
Old 6 December 2021, 02:20 AM   #150
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agreed! A NA Ferrari is special and becoming extinct unfortunately. The Evo has turned out to be a very exciting car ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow that is BEAUTIFUL!