The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 29 May 2013, 03:30 AM   #1
Power Play
"TRF" Member

Is it just me?

Or does Omega just make some of the coolest, most competent, elegant, durable, sylish, timeless, interesting, underrated and unassuming watches in the world?

I've had a Seamaster PO 42mm for the last 5 years and it's been my go-to watch for tough weekend work. It has withstood the beating, kept great time, looks cooler than snot, is incredibly comfortable and continues to look like new (with just a healthy bit of patina).

I also really enjoy the Speedy's and am sure one will find its way into my watch cabinet at some point as well. Might even be one of the new 9300 Speedy's!!...

So I know we're in the Rolex Forums here, and that most of us own and enjoy Rolexes (and other fine watches), but I find the appeal of the Omega brand and its watches to be stronger than ever.

Anyone agree?

Power Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 03:48 AM   #2
wingku
"TRF" Member

Watch: the World unfold
I honestly think the PO is one of the most well-balanced watches for sure.
wingku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 03:50 AM   #3
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
Or does Omega just make some of the coolest, most competent, elegant, durable, sylish, timeless, interesting, underrated and unassuming watches in the world?

I've had a Seamaster PO 42mm for the last 5 years and it's been my go-to watch for tough weekend work. It has withstood the beating, kept great time, looks cooler than snot, is incredibly comfortable and continues to look like new (with just a healthy bit of patina).

I also really enjoy the Speedy's and am sure one will find its way into my watch cabinet at some point as well. Might even be one of the new 9300 Speedy's!!...

So I know we're in the Rolex Forums here, and that most of us own and enjoy Rolexes (and other fine watches), but I find the appeal of the Omega brand and its watches to be stronger than ever.

Anyone agree?

Have to agree ! Love my speedy and plan on buying another Omega soon.
Sherwooddavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 05:08 AM   #4
And
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster
The PO is certainly my favourite design for a dive watch. I used to have a 2500 and miss it.

I have a speedy and think it's the coolest watch on the planet.

I don't get on with all the designs though. I don't like the skeleton hands on the SMP and the AT leaves me a bit cold.
And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 05:19 AM   #5
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
I love Omega's, tough as nails and the perfect daily wear watch for the guy that maybe only wants one watch and all things considered fairly priced.
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 08:39 AM   #6
francis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
I also love em... Though I like the seamaster professional and do not care much for the orange p.o. (or any orange watch for that matter)
I do like the black one however....
francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Play View Post
Is it just me?
Nope.

I kinda like this old timer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SM 8.jpg (45.5 KB, 356 views)
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 11:52 AM   #8
GermanyMatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711, 126610
IMO, the PO and Speedmaster are two of the best values on the market, especially the 2500 mvmt PO series.
GermanyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 12:17 PM   #9
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
I like the new line, but in my book you can't beat the speedmaster professional. It might be the perfect watch.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 08:18 PM   #10
Poodles
"TRF" Member

I love the new Omega divers, the new ceramic bezel do look a bit dull in Comparison To the older Aluminium bezel but I'm just picking spots really

It's tuff to finder a diver up there with Omega
Poodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2013, 11:06 AM   #11
Athas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD,Daytona,P233,PO
I fully agree with your comments Power Play. My first watch was an Omega then I moved to Rolex but my last buy was a Planet Ocean and now I cant wait for the ceramic dark side of the Moon.
Athas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2013, 05:10 AM   #12
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Yep, can't disagree with you! I don't think there's another brand that is making such consistently good and innovative products right now. We're entering another golden period for one of the greatest watch brands of all time
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2013, 05:13 AM   #13
Roley
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Omega....Good bang for the buck.
Roley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2013, 10:41 AM   #14
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
The question I have is do people who buy omegas flip or sell them? Seems to me the used market is slim pickings.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2013, 11:46 AM   #15
WJGESQ
Banned

[QUOTE=Power Play;4177232]Or does Omega just make some of the coolest, most competent, elegant, durable, sylish, timeless, interesting, underrated and unassuming watches in the world?

Anyone agree?

Yes. Compare any modern Omega to its Rolex counterpart and the Omega is going to come out far ahead in feel, fit, finish and curb appeal.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2013, 08:41 PM   #16
JB7
"TRF" Member

Yes, they do, but their after sales at Head Office in the UK and servicing needs looking at... Big time! That alone will make me not buy another one. Love my POs, but would struggle to buy another one after the service I've had from that company. 3 Omegas I own, and out
JB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2013, 08:30 AM   #17
tobmis01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 LN
My first "good" watch was an Omega SMP blue wave dial, Bond style without the branding. OMG I loved that watch. I kept as my "daily wearer" even as a Rolex Sub and B&M were added to the collection. One day a guy offered me more than I could refuse so I sold it. I'm still sick over it. Since I have bought another Rolex (SubC), SMP Ceramic, Tag Aquaracer, Rolex ExpII, Panerai Radiomir 183. I recently traded the Pam for a 46mm Planet Ocean on rubber strap with orange stitching, and the orange 6 9 12. I'm in love again.
The moral of the story is that I have not felt a connection to any watch other than Omega. There a lot of nice brands out there and I'm obviously not opposed to trying them out but something - I can't say what - just makes Omega rock.
tobmis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2013, 05:05 PM   #18
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roley View Post
Omega....Good bang for the buck.
prices are bound to go up. they are going to hit critical mass soon
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2013, 05:11 PM   #19
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I have a lot of different brands - Rolex and Omega included - I like them all.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote