The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 May 2013, 06:15 AM   #1
DCGuy1965
"TRF" Member

Aqua Terra Annual Calendar Question

Hello Everyone,

Given I usually post over in the Rolex section this is a first for me. I've been thinking of branching over into the Omega space and have been pleasantly surprised as to the watches' overall build and quality

This is strictly a non-WIS opinion but over the years I always saw Omega as the Rolex little brother if you will (I know flame away ) but given the price points of some of these other manufacturers (Patek, Lange, etc.) Omega seems like a good value.

Question is the AT annual calendar 43mm is substantially more than the AT date only model and I was wondering if this annual calendar model is brand new this year? I haven't seen any references to it n this forum so me thinks it is a new model. Also having a hell of a time deciding what color dial - silver tapestry or the black
DCGuy1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2013, 04:09 AM   #2
samarth1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: VC Cornes de Vache
Welcome to the dark side!

But seriously, Omegas are the best values in the tier they're in. With their new 8500 and 9300 calibers (and their derivatives), their quality has risen tremendously and are no less than Rolex (except for the micro-adjustments on their bracelets), and yet have prices that are far more accessible.

The Aqua Terra Annual Calendar you're looking at have been out for a little while now, it was announced at Baselworld 2010. The Aqua Terra Day Date on the other hand, were just announced at Baselworld 2013 and won't likely be available till the end of this year.

As for which dial to choose, I would choose depending on the attire you'd be wearing it with. I'm personally a fan of the black dial because of its legibility.

Good luck, its a great choice
samarth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Kelly's
"TRF" Member

The annual calendar is pricier due to the more complicated movement. Basically, you don't have to set the date to catch up every month that varies from 31.
Kelly's is offline   Reply With Quote