The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 12 July 2012, 09:10 AM   #31
esspee1200
"TRF" Member

john is a great seller. purchased a couple items from him recently and they arrived in great packing condition and as described.
esspee1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2012, 05:44 AM   #32
woof*
"TRF" Member

I bought a couple of inserts from John today. It was a very pleasant transaction and Johns advice was priceless. Quality product too.
I look forward to doing business with him in the future.
Regards
Randy
woof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2012, 07:06 AM   #33
almog99
"TRF" Member

John aka Springer - Outstanding!

Just bought my first Rolex from John aka Springer. An amazing 14060M!
I couldn't be happier. John is super knowledgeable and passionate about watches. Since it was my first transaction on TRF he was kind enough and patient to walk me through the process step by step. The watch looks great, just as advertised. I recommend John to everyone and will definitely buy from him again.
almog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2012, 09:01 AM   #34
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by almog99 View Post
Just bought my first Rolex from John aka Springer. An amazing 14060M!
I couldn't be happier. John is super knowledgeable and passionate about watches. Since it was my first transaction on TRF he was kind enough and patient to walk me through the process step by step. The watch looks great, just as advertised. I recommend John to everyone and will definitely buy from him again.
Thanks for the kind words Tal. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I wish you all my best with your career and your "almost new" Rolex Submariner. Below is a photo of this great watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dscn2226.aaa.jpg (158.3 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg Dscn2223.aaa.jpg (159.6 KB, 505 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2012, 11:43 AM   #35
jldc
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller
Just did a face-to-face sale with John. He was a pleasure to work with. He was also clearly much more knowledgeable than I about Rolexes in general and GMTs in particular. You can be very confident when you deal with him.

L
jldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2012, 11:06 AM   #36
TimeToGo
2024 Pledge Member

I just completed a flawless transaction with JP - Springer. John is a true Gentleman and you can take his word to the bank - I vouch for that! I enjoy his easy going persona and willingness to share his knowledge and expertise in this passion that we all share on TRF.

Gracias, Amigo!

TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2012, 07:25 AM   #37
AWS
"TRF" Member

I just completed another deal with Springer. John is easy to work with and an all around terrific guy. A real asset to the forum, always willing to share his knowledge. I look forward to more.

Thank you, my friend.
AWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2012, 08:22 AM   #38
msander11
"TRF" Member

Just bought my first Rolex Explorer from John. Great transaction and prompt service. Thanks for all the help John.
msander11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2013, 02:33 AM   #39
YoyoGift8
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Just bought a 1994 Tudor 79160 Big Block from Springer. Watch was unbelievably in mint condition. John was straightforward, knowledgeable on watches and extremely professional. Thank you again John, deal with with absolute confidence!!!
YoyoGift8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2013, 11:51 AM   #40
datejust&gmtfan
"TRF" Member

I just completed a transaction with Springer for a 16710. I am very happy with the watch Springer sent me. It was in fantastic condition, and was a complete set; exactly what I wanted. Springer was also very good at communication; replying promptly to my pedantic concerns and questions. Recommended, and thank you Springer.
datejust&gmtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2013, 02:21 PM   #41
RangerAl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I just can’t say enough about what a great experience I had purchasing my first Rolex from Springer.

John was very patient and helpful with all my rookie questions about the watch and the purchasing process.

The GMT Master II that I purchased from him was even nicer than the photos or his description! Honestly, if I didn’t know better, I would swear it was fresh off the factory floor.

He is a true gentleman who sold me an outstanding watch at an extremely fair price.

If you find a watch you’re looking for listed for sale by Springer, I’d advise you to jump on it immediately!

You won’t be disappointed… unless you let someone else beat you to the punch.
RangerAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2013, 03:39 PM   #42
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerAl View Post
I just can’t say enough about what a great experience I had purchasing my first Rolex from Springer.

John was very patient and helpful with all my rookie questions about the watch and the purchasing process.

The GMT Master II that I purchased from him was even nicer than the photos or his description! Honestly, if I didn’t know better, I would swear it was fresh off the factory floor.

He is a true gentleman who sold me an outstanding watch at an extremely fair price.

If you find a watch you’re looking for listed for sale by Springer, I’d advise you to jump on it immediately!

You won’t be disappointed… unless you let someone else beat you to the punch.
Thanks so much Al and enjoy your GMT! I'm happy that you finally took the plunge for your first purchase of many more to come. Below are a couple pics of your GMT II.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gmt.1.jpg (88.7 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg Img_0456.jpg (117.3 KB, 391 views)

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 19 June 2013, 03:40 AM   #43
superken
"TRF" Member

Excellent person to work with

Bought a gmt bezel from John and the transaction went flawlessly. He answered all my questions and shipped promptly. Thanks John!
superken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2013, 11:53 AM   #44
willko
"TRF" Member

I also just completed a transaction with John and I am very pleased. The watch is just what I was looking for and in real life looks even better than it did in the many pictures he'd provided.

John is honourable, trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable. The transaction was very straight forward and the watch arrived promptly and exactly as described.

It was a pleasure doing business with John and I would recommend him to everyone.

Thanks again John
willko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2013, 12:36 AM   #45
onkyo
Banned

Wow! I started this thread 5 years ago and going strong! Good job John!
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2013, 02:00 AM   #46
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
Wow! I started this thread 5 years ago and going strong! Good job John!
Pav, you were the first and I'll always appreciate your confidence in me. I've enjoyed the hobby now for over three decades and look forward to three more if I can hold out for 30 more years.

Thanks again for the kind words and hopefully we'll start seeing you around here more often like the "old" days.

Old 12 July 2013, 02:12 AM   #47
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont Miller II View Post
I just got my watch from John today. It is in great condition with thick lugs, clean bezel insert, and without any chips in the crystal. Oh yeah, it came with everything it did when new. There were over 3,248 views of this watch. Perhaps his pics did not do it justice; so I thought I would post some of my pics of this watch to show you the kind of quality you can expect when you by a watch from him. Not bad for a 16 - 17 year old watch. Thanks John.

UPDATE: 7/11/2013

I always hear comments about not investing in Rolex or buying a Rolex as an investment but always comment otherwise when I read one of these threads here on TRF. A Rolex is a great investment and if purchased right, it will appreciate nicely in the years to follow.

There are many examples here from watches that I have sold, that have appreciated substantially since they were sold by me. This Submariner is just one example. I had this watch listed in 2009 for $3400 and sold it for a little less to John (Beaumont Miller). Jump four years ahead to 2013 and a fine example comparable to this Submariner would bring, on average, $5000 to $5200. Not bad for four years appreciation on a Submariner. This is just one example of buying wise when purchasing a Rolex and holds true for many other Rolex models.

Hope you are still enjoying that Submariner John!!!

Old 24 July 2013, 11:49 PM   #48
acr
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
John is a great guy, very knowledgeable about everything Rolex and a pleasure to deal with - he recently purchased a 1675 from me. John sent me a deposit, I shipped him the watch, and the balance was promptly received.
acr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 07:52 AM   #49
bobbyho
"TRF" Member

Thanks John for selling me the 93150. It arrived safely and is in great shape. I'm one step closer to putting together the original package for my 8.2M serial 5513!

I'll be in the DFW area in the first week of September, maybe we can meet up for a coffee or beer, or both
bobbyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 12:48 PM   #50
skprd13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675-1680-16750
4 incredible super nice watches from John! He is the utmost scholar and gentleman I have had the pleasure in doing business with! He makes the effort to call you to keep you updated on the status and always willing to provide great information!

As we all know he is the GMT guru! anything you want to know or have doubts about John will let you know. I appreciate his help and most of all honesty!

Mahalo for your contributions to this site and knowledge you have passed down to all of us. I am sure the information you have shared has been the driving force behind many a watch purchase on this site and I am sure other sites!

Aloha from Kauai,

Tom
skprd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2013, 07:33 AM   #51
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skprd13 View Post
4 incredible super nice watches from John! He is the utmost scholar and gentleman I have had the pleasure in doing business with! He makes the effort to call you to keep you updated on the status and always willing to provide great information!

As we all know he is the GMT guru! anything you want to know or have doubts about John will let you know. I appreciate his help and most of all honesty!

Mahalo for your contributions to this site and knowledge you have passed down to all of us. I am sure the information you have shared has been the driving force behind many a watch purchase on this site and I am sure other sites!

Aloha from Kauai,

Tom
Tom thanks for taking the time to post these kind thoughts. I appreciate it very much!

jP

Old 12 August 2013, 09:01 AM   #52
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Having met John personally, I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him. Straight shooter all the way.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2013, 11:30 AM   #53
MAJSmith
"TRF" Member

Another successful transaction from John! I just took delivery of a circa 1995 91350 flip-lock clasp for my GMT Master II. Thanks John!

[IMG][/IMG]
MAJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2013, 12:56 AM   #54
springer
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=MAJSmith;4397721]Another successful transaction from John! I just took delivery of a circa 1995 91350 flip-lock clasp for my GMT Master II. Thanks John!

Thanks for the kind words Patrick. It looks like the clasp worked out well on the bracelet!

Old 12 September 2013, 01:04 PM   #55
Csimon
"TRF" Member

Submariner

John,

I received my Submariner today. It was just as you advertised! It truly does looks brand new.

This was my first purchase on the Rolex Forums and I am very happy that I made my purchase through you.

Thank you again!
Chris
Csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2013, 01:35 PM   #56
4vCoupe
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Just purchased a 16750 GMT from John and everything was as described. He is a very knowledgable seller with good communication. Thanks.
4vCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2013, 07:45 AM   #57
rockinray
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Datejust
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just completed a transaction with John where I purchased a box / tags / manuals for my Datejust. Also purchased manuals / calendar for my Wife's Datejust.

An excellent transaction! John was very patient with my questions and when the good arrived, they were just as he said they would be.

John is a standup guy, and I look forward to more business transactions with him for sure!

Thank you John!

Ray
rockinray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2014, 12:14 PM   #58
RC2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
GMT 1675 deal

Just bought a watch and bracelet from John. Excellent experience. John is amazingly knowledgeable about GMTs and is willing to share his insight. A true man of the highest character and honesty. John is one that is rare in today's market and is a real trusted seller. I would buy again from him and enjoyed our talks about our passion Rolex collecting. Trust John at his word and I hope to buy another watch again from him. Rich

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
RC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2014, 09:32 AM   #59
jdmi32
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
I just received my GMT Master (what else would it be?) from John and it is an absolute beauty. John was a pleasure to deal with during the entire process, making this one of the easiest purchases I have made. Also, just talking to him showed how much he truly enjoys this hobby and I am very grateful he was willing to share some of his knowledge with me.

Thanks John for a great watch that I will enjoy for many years to come!

[IMG][/IMG]
jdmi32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2014, 10:58 AM   #60
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Ky, just saw this post and wanted to thank you for the purchase and thank you for the kind words. It was a very nice transaction.

jP