The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 25 November 2013, 01:35 PM   #1
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Dbulkin AKA Dmitry Bulkin BEWARE

I got scammed during a dealing with Dmitry , I wired $3,900 to an account specified by Dmitry for the purchase of a Cartier . Dmitry later claims that his email account was hacked and is not responsible in any way , he has not tried to help me in any way and has not returned a single call or email .

I am really disappointed as I had dealt with Dmitry several times before this . My thoughts are that if in actual fact his account was hacked at the exact time where him and I agreed on a deal this situation I am left with is at least equally his responsibility ( if Dmitrys claims that he is a reputable seller are legit ) to help me sort this out ?

I have had more than dozens of transactions on Watchnet and other forums that have all been 100% smooth .

I strongly suggest that buyers beware and I plead with Dmitry to respond to me and help me recover my money .

Greg
silvergamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2013, 01:49 PM   #2
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 DATE-JUST41 sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Very sorry to hear that my friend. Hope you can get your money back. Next time you should call and check it out again and again before you make deal. So many trusted sellers accounts got hacked these days. But the email got hacked??? Very good to know that. I have to be very careful and change my passwords often then..... Again sorry to hear that, and hope you get your money back......

P.s you can file the police report with the bank account of the scammer which you did bank wire to. Hope they can work out from there.
F**K SCAMMERS

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 09:03 AM   #3
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Hey takuya I appreciate your support man .

Yep , Dmitry at least claims his account was hacked however his lack of response to me and his zero willingness to help makes me a little unsure what actually happened here .

Very upsetting indeed .
Old 26 November 2013, 09:13 AM   #4
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Mate, that is dreadful to hear!
Is he in Australia. What bank account name were you given when doing the wire?
If you have dealt with him before , was this a different bank account he requested?
Very Strange that if you have dealt with him before that he is so unwilling to help if indeed he was hacked...

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2013, 12:03 PM   #5
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Hey Toph,

Thanks for your concern also mate - really nice to have the support of fellow members particularly when the seller is being so offensively unhelpful.

Yes the bank provided was in Australia - the email from Dmitry's account specified that to save $$ on Forex and Wire fees that this time I could Tfer to his counterpart in Australia.

I have contacted both the bank and the Authorities although both are quite unhelpful and I keep hitting dead ends.

Greg
Old 26 November 2013, 12:58 PM   #6
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
Please check the email that you used to correspond with him. Not siding with him but there are tons of scammers now that are using very close email addresses of regular sellers. For example, my email address is fnfz4m@gmail.com. There is a scammer using fnfz4ml@gmail.com and fnfz4n@gmail.com

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
FNFZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2013, 02:03 PM   #7
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Thanks FNFZ4,

The email address was 100% the same - our conversation around this particular deal was in fact a follow on from a previous email thread in which I had purchased a different watch from Dmitry.

I had actually emailed Dmitry to request a price on this watch, I was not following on from a sales post.

Greg
Old 28 November 2013, 01:02 AM   #8
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Aw that's awful. Please post the wire information where you sent the money so that other buyers will not send to that account.

Also, was it the same bank account info as your previous dealings?

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Old 2 December 2013, 11:51 AM   #9
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Account details below provided by Dmitry

Bank Name: Bank of Melbourne
Beneficiary: Paul Tennant
Bank Address: Point Cook Melbourne, Victoria, 3029
Acct number: 457082878
Bsb number: 193-879

The emails coming from Dmitry's email address assured me that this guy was his friend in Aus

Issue here is just not just the scam itself but also the offensively poor response from Dmitry who denied knowing anything about, then assured me he would help out somehow and then started completely ignoring me immediately after.

He is still listing watches for sale and is 100% ignoring all of my communications

Greg
Old 2 December 2013, 01:49 PM   #10
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 DATE-JUST41 sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Yes i see he still selling a lot of watches with the great deals. Wondering that how come his email got hacked right after you contacted to him? not from the previous emails?

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2013, 11:42 PM   #11
mb23
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet
The whole situation is very sad and disturbing.... If indeed the account was hacked it would have to be someone close to him to have done this. I don't think I complete stranger would hack this particular account on this one deal, there would have to be others. If someone were to hack my account on any given day i would have a few potential deals going on. So chances are more then one person would be involved.

How long did this who deal on this one watch take? A few days?
mb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2013, 06:23 AM   #12
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
the whole thing that perplexes me is this: why would Dmitry risk his reputation over an amount comparably lower than most of the merchandise him and his brother sell? I have done numerous deals and all have went well. I have heard that most people have their price at which they 'turn', but I highly doubt it would be $3900 .

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2013, 06:23 AM   #13
dbulkin

Watch: 1982 Pepsi GMT
Hi Gents,

I don't see a reason to defend myself or my good name. However I would like to shed some light on the situation.

Approximately 3 years ago Greg Silver bought a watch from me. He paid and it was delivered to him in AUSTRALIA.

One year ago I began to receive strange text messages from a foreign telephone number. These messages sounded as if they were addressed to someone other than myself.

Being the gentleman that I try to be on a daily basis especially towards my work (buying, selling, trading, and collecting watches). I responded and asked that the person phone me.

In turn, I received a call from Greg Silver allegedly claiming that he had agreed to a transaction with me via email and a bank wire transfer to purchase a watch.

Going through my gmail account I was unable to find any evidence
of this. Digging deeper I decided to call Google and find out what was going on. My email address was indeed hacked. Still no trace of any evidence was found per our conversation.

When we spoke next, I asked Greg Silver where did you ALLEGEDLY send the bank wire transfer?

His response: To a colleague of yours in AUSTRALIA.

BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMMERS!

Best Regards,

Dmitry Bulkin
dbulkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2013, 01:56 PM   #14
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Dmitry - for the record my number has not changed since our first transaction . I am the one who has been scammed here , not you . Sounds like this alleged hacker did not steal any of your money - just mine .

Essentially I was an existing customer of yours and trusted you given our previous transaction and of course I fairly assumed that emails coming from your email address would be coming from you !

Do you feel that it is fair that I am left out of pocket due to security issues with YOUR email address ? Does it seem incredibly convenient to you that your account was hacked right at the moment I was emailing you for a quote on the Cartier watch ?

If this can happen to me then how do potential customers know that they are talking to you ( and not some scammer ) when they are communicating with dmitrybbw@gmail.com ?

I am extremely disappointed that you have ignored me and can 100% assure you that I have no foul intentions here - I am just telling my story exactly as it happened .

As you know I still have the emails from your email address in my inbox agreeing to the $3900 and providing me with the details for payment .

Greg
Old 10 December 2013, 02:17 PM   #15
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Mosco - as mentioned I had also dealt with Dmitry before without an issue. The part that perplexes me is that if in fact this was not his doing why would he be so incredibly unhelpful towards me?

mb23 - how are you Mike ? I am still loving the AP I bought from you , the brand new strap arrived just recently and I am just keeping it safe for now as one day will get the AP serviced and then place it on the brand new strap so it will be like a new watch !

The emails with Dmitry around this transaction initiated on the 26th Feb when I emailed him ( I already had his email ) asking for a quote on a Cartier W69011Z4 . Dmitry came back on the 28th Feb and quoted 22% off RRP. There were a few emails back and forth negotiating on price and also an email from Dmitry confirming that the RRP was $5200 USD . We had agreed on final price of $4,000 USD at which point Dmitry instructed me to send to the wire to an account in Australia - "ok. will email you bank info to send wire to there in Australia later.". Dmitry sent me the details ( as per pasted above ) and I proceeded to make the payment on the 7th March . Then from there it got really sketchy I had emailed back for confirmation that the funds were clear and got very strange responses . I called Dmitry and he claimed to have no idea what I was talking about - at that point I was incredibly shocked as I was 100% convinced it was Dmitry I was talking to the whole time.

I have not been able to shed any light on this since

Greg
Old 12 December 2013, 04:06 PM   #16
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Its also worth noting that I approached Dmitry on Linkedin July 16th letting him know that I had tried to contact him multiple times through phone / email with no reply - he replied with the below ( Quote )

"Call me tomorrow and stop being an idiot. I have never done any wrong in my life. Not my MO"
Old 13 December 2013, 12:01 AM   #17
mikkolopez
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing, Truly bad form not to help out a fellow forumer and a previous buyer. The least that he could have done was to forward to you the supposedly hacked emails from his end if he is still using the same email account.

Is the account owner, a Paul Tennant (got the name from your post above), a legit person in Australia? Would initiating a claim against this account help you recover your money?

Hope you get your money back mate.
I have even DONE everything,
I just don't REMEMBER everything.
mikkolopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2013, 12:19 AM   #18
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
when situations like this arise, the first question that arises in my mind is 'why?' What would possess someone doing a few mil in business every year to risk his/her reputation for a couple grand? It just does not compute. Usually, when people go 'bad', there is a string of instances, but this is the only negative thing about Dmitry (BigBoyWatches) out there. Trying to find logic....

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2013, 12:51 AM   #19
Lgear080
Banned

Sooooo. Someone hacked a known sellers email, provided you payment
Details for a watch - and you proceed to pay. Did the wire info provided
Match previous accounts you'd sent money to? Did the name/details on
The account match the sellers - that you'd previously sent funds to?
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2013, 04:06 AM   #20
Survivor
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
Sooooo. Someone hacked a known sellers email, provided you payment
Details for a watch - and you proceed to pay. Did the wire info provided
Match previous accounts you'd sent money to? Did the name/details on
The account match the sellers - that you'd previously sent funds to?
I believe you just hit on the heart of the matter. Did the buyer send to the same account as in previous transactions. Red flags would have risen for me when the seller okayed the funds being sent to a "colleague".........that would have ended the deal for me. Nevertheless, the whole situation is a shame
Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2013, 06:34 AM   #21
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Not to put gas on the fire but I supposed it is safe to say NEVER wire money to another persons account other than the sellers. That is the only way the seller can be held accountable for any actions that transpired.

Watches:

Wish list:
Old 13 December 2013, 06:52 AM   #22
71eh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nautilus, PAM001
@silvergamex really sorry to hear this. As a collector, I saw this bad incident here and there... Hope your bank is able to stop paying and do investigation for you. I had a similar scam before around 2 years ago, eventually I realized that I cannot ask anyone, but only solving the issue by myself... Luckily my Citibank found a track and they recover my fund after 7 months later... As FNFZ4 mentioned, I have learn from my incident, I do not send any wire unless I verify it (via bank, chamber of commerce, actual phone calls with dealers).

Again, I really hope you can recover your loss quickly.
71eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2014, 10:20 AM   #23
silvergamex
"TRF" Member

Thanks for everyones thoughts and feedback.

I totally understand the sentiment that it was not wise of me to send the funds when the account specified did not belong to Dmitry. Given the emails were coming from his account and we had previous dealings I trusted him.

Still no luck recovering my funds - doubting that Paul Tennant is a legitimate person.

Old 10 November 2016, 03:50 AM   #24
Gold Crown
Banned

Watch: 6265 18K Daytona
Oh Jesus I just bought a sea dweller from this guy! I hope it's legit
Gold Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2016, 04:54 AM   #25
Gold Crown
Banned

Watch: 6265 18K Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbulkin View Post
Hi Gents,

I don't see a reason to defend myself or my good name. However I would like to shed some light on the situation.

Approximately 3 years ago Greg Silver bought a watch from me. He paid and it was delivered to him in AUSTRALIA.

One year ago I began to receive strange text messages from a foreign telephone number. These messages sounded as if they were addressed to someone other than myself.

Being the gentleman that I try to be on a daily basis especially towards my work (buying, selling, trading, and collecting watches). I responded and asked that the person phone me.

In turn, I received a call from Greg Silver allegedly claiming that he had agreed to a transaction with me via email and a bank wire transfer to purchase a watch.

Going through my gmail account I was unable to find any evidence
of this. Digging deeper I decided to call Google and find out what was going on. My email address was indeed hacked. Still no trace of any evidence was found per our conversation.

When we spoke next, I asked Greg Silver where did you ALLEGEDLY send the bank wire transfer?

His response: To a colleague of yours in AUSTRALIA.

BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMMERS!

Best Regards,

Dmitry Bulkin
Yes Dmitry how correct you are! And two years later....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0772.jpg (79.6 KB, 188 views)
Gold Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2016, 05:06 AM   #26
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFZ4 View Post
Not to put gas on the fire but I supposed it is safe to say NEVER wire money to another persons account other than the sellers. That is the only way the seller can be held accountable for any actions that transpired.
I agree but how does silver suppose to know he didn't change accounts or using other information. He assumed by using the correct email that he was in fact talking to the correct person. Technically it the sellers email that was hacked and somewhat the sellers respinbility to protect people from somethig like this. But his is a hard case non the less.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote