The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11 October 2017, 05:13 PM   #31
KarlS
Banned

I think conditional selling would probably be illegal in some parts of the world! It's doubly insulting that actually HSWA really doesn't have any role over the allocations and that the AD can literally give to anyone with a few bucks in his back pocket!!sinetknes I think the U.K. Is a bit anal with its allocation approach and keeping if papers but it definately seems to be more honourable than what I am seeing here!
Old 11 October 2017, 05:56 PM   #32
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
I think conditional selling would probably be illegal in some parts of the world! It's doubly insulting that actually HSWA really doesn't have any role over the allocations and that the AD can literally give to anyone with a few bucks in his back pocket!!sinetknes I think the U.K. Is a bit anal with its allocation approach and keeping if papers but it definately seems to be more honourable than what I am seeing here!
agree.

A lot of the conditional selling i see is told up front. I don't agree with it, but the potential buyer has all the info before hand as what is required "in addition" to the watch they want. In this case he was not told of the additional conditions until the AD became aware of secondary prices after the release and it was too late to find another AD for this particular LE.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 11 October 2017, 06:13 PM   #33
walds11
"TRF" Member

I’m so sorry to hear this Mike. I would of went rogue on that AD. The AD needs to be outed, no doubt!
Old 11 October 2017, 07:09 PM   #34
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
Fake promises and practically blackmail - disgraceful to lead you on like this.

Hope they are reading this thread - no honesty or integrity

What a shame with your history with this AD. Pure greed
Old 11 October 2017, 07:53 PM   #35
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I agree that the AD needs to be named as a heads up to others considering doing business with them. Its not about dragging them through the mud as much as it is to let others know this might happen to them. I know I value my relationship with my AD, but if i knew that they had the potential to do something like this i would rather know sooner rather than later so i could consider other options.

To me its less about them not delivering a watch they said they could as that does happen, but in this case it's more about the reason they didn't. Waiting to see what secondary pricing for the watch was and then using that to leverage more purchases is pretty shady.

This.

OP wouldn't you like to prevent a potential buyer/forum member from getting treated exactly as you did? You're not even shaming the AD at that point you're helping our community. You were legit conned as you had no information before about 'extra purchases' being required (which in itself is ABSURD if you've spent a pretty penny with them prior).
Old 11 October 2017, 09:58 PM   #36
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Total scumbags your ex-AD. The salmon dial 3940LE is amazing.
Old 11 October 2017, 10:20 PM   #37
Tay821
"TRF" Member

What needs to happen is to have the AD status taken away. Don't think Patek wants to be associated with unscrupulous business practices such as this. Downright shameful. Sorry this had to happen to you Mike. Hope one of our fellow members can help you out with this piece.
Old 11 October 2017, 10:45 PM   #38
balmain2323
"TRF" Member

Is the dealer Wixions?
Old 11 October 2017, 11:30 PM   #39
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
If I was you I would be sure to contact HSWA and explain the situation. You're probably out of luck on the 5522 but hopefully Patek can hook you up in some other way. To be honest if my AD tried that with me I'd go nuts. I can understand if they tell you straight up you're not getting one, but trying to make you buy a bunch of high margin stuff you don't even want is complete BS.

I was prepared not to get one based on my relative standing, I don't buy GC watches (yet). My AD could not promise one of the new Speedmaster 60th but that's ok for me because if I don't get it I wasn't expecting it.

When you're ready to buy I can hook you up with salespeople from my AD if you'd like.
I will trade you my trilogy speedie for the 5522 - no problem, like now
Old 11 October 2017, 11:36 PM   #40
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain2323 View Post
Is the dealer Wixions?
It was not Wixon Jewelers. I had the pleasure of meeting Aaron who oversees their watch department at a Minute Repeater Event in NYC and have also spoken to him over the phone and he is a class act and great guy!

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
Old 11 October 2017, 11:53 PM   #41
Socal to az
Banned

Name names.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:01 AM   #42
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Looks like the mob wants an outing! There is a riot brewing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 October 2017, 12:22 AM   #43
tng11
"TRF" Member

Unprofessional and underhanded behavior by your AD. Way to get greedy and petty over a relatively small amount of money and completely piss off a loyal customer. This conditional selling BS has to stop - it certainly isn't the first I've read about in the Patek world. These dealers might as well just ask for a straight up cash mark-up to MSRP - at least the rip-off would be more straight to your face without games. ADs play games like these when the market is hot, but when the market is in a downturn, they're going to be in a world of hurt pissing off loyal customers like that. I say out that dealer.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:24 AM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
Looks like the mob wants an outing! There is a riot brewing!

Old 12 October 2017, 12:27 AM   #45
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
I agree that the AD needs to be named as a heads up to others considering doing business with them. Its not about dragging them through the mud as much as it is to let others know this might happen to them. I know I value my relationship with my AD, but if i knew that they had the potential to do something like this i would rather know sooner rather than later so i could consider other options.

To me its less about them not delivering a watch they said they could as that does happen, but in this case it's more about the reason they didn't. Waiting to see what secondary pricing for the watch was and then using that to leverage more purchases is pretty shady.
+1. AD should be named in the effort to save other forum members from having a similar experience with this AD.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:29 AM   #46
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
clowns

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Old 12 October 2017, 12:32 AM   #47
Halothane
"TRF" Member

This is outrageous. I mean, you asked for a watch early on (before the crazy hype and price increase) , you were a prior established customer and worst of all they PROMISED you the watch!
Then in the 11th hour they extort you for a large jewelry purchase and when you don't play their game all of a sudden you aren't getting one! Disgusting.
Sorry to hear this Mike - I hope maybe one will trickle in and a forum member can help.
There are several respectable AD's out there. Best to start new with someone else.

Old 12 October 2017, 01:10 AM   #48
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
I’m so sorry to hear this Mike. I would of went rogue on that AD. The AD needs to be outed, no doubt!
If you must know there is one location near you

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
Old 12 October 2017, 01:22 AM   #49
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I'm definitely getting a 5522A, Wait a minute I'm not getting a 5522A?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post

Edit: never mind I did the math. If they are selling Patek in Cleveland and Philly there’s only one dealer. That’s a shame they’ve treated me well in the past but that was before the hype.
Old 12 October 2017, 01:57 AM   #50
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

It's on
Old 12 October 2017, 02:09 AM   #51
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
It's on

I certainly wouldn’t entertain doing business with them again after hearing how they treat much better clients than me.
Old 12 October 2017, 02:15 AM   #52
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Shocked by the AD’s behaviour and truly disappointed for you. Patek watch collecting is a pretty small world, not a good idea for the AD to destroy their reputation like this.
Old 12 October 2017, 02:21 AM   #53
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
This is excellent advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
If I was you I would be sure to contact HSWA and explain the situation. You're probably out of luck on the 5522 but hopefully Patek can hook you up in some other way. To be honest if my AD tried that with me I'd go nuts. I can understand if they tell you straight up you're not getting one, but trying to make you buy a bunch of high margin stuff you don't even want is complete BS.

I was prepared not to get one based on my relative standing, I don't buy GC watches (yet). My AD could not promise one of the new Speedmaster 60th but that's ok for me because if I don't get it I wasn't expecting it.

When you're ready to buy I can hook you up with salespeople from my AD if you'd like.
Old 12 October 2017, 02:23 AM   #54
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I certainly wouldn’t entertain doing business with them again after hearing how they treat much better clients than me.
Surprising that it is this AD...as I've only heard about good things (at least from their Philly location). There is a particular salesman at their Philly location that has sold numerous watches to members on this board and is a frequent reader herein. Sad to say the least.
Old 12 October 2017, 02:46 AM   #55
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
Surprising that it is this AD...as I've only heard about good things (at least from their Philly location). There is a particular salesman at their Philly location that has sold numerous watches to members on this board and is a frequent reader herein. Sad to say the least.

Yeah I bought my first Patek off George. I don’t believe he has anything to do with this but rather ownership it seems.
Old 12 October 2017, 02:53 AM   #56
martinr
"TRF" Member

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Old 12 October 2017, 03:01 AM   #57
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
You have a great PP. The NY watch you seek is in my view awful. Consider yourself lucky. Buy the Pilot version at some point it better fills all the space on the huge dial.
Old 12 October 2017, 03:09 AM   #58
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 12 October 2017, 03:45 AM   #59
Vipes
"TRF" Member

It's a pretty big AD that is probably doing very well. I just don't understand why they would want to squeeze a good customer out of an extra 20-30K. Bad business, IMO.
Old 12 October 2017, 03:50 AM   #60
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
It's a pretty big AD that is probably doing very well. I just don't understand why they would want to squeeze a good customer out of an extra 20-30K. Bad business, IMO.
well maybe the reverse is true. If they are a big AD then maybe they do it because they can as its unlikely Patek is going to do anything about it. If they were a small shop they might be more concerned since they are a small fish to Patek and possibly expendable. Just a thought.

In general the larger the AD and the more locations they have the more shady they become in my experience.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Closed Thread