The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 January 2015, 08:46 PM   #1
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Need trf help - unique situation

Team,

I am first to admit I am no guru in Omega's, I did have a Professional Chrono Seamaster for a while but it was too big on my wrist, I obtained it as part of a trade.

In any case my help is on a sadly different matter. One of the staff of my Sales agent sadly took his own life, none of us including his family saw it coming. He is doing all he can to help the wife and the three boys all under the age of 10. One of the things he has asked me to help with is to find a watch he can give the wife to give to each of the boys on their 18th birthday to remember their father with. He has indicated a budget of around $5K per watch, and he has asked me to pick a watch that wont go out of fashion over the next 10-15 years before the boys receive their gifts (not sure if they will need an oil inspection over that time by the way). My suggestion to him no surprise is to go with a classic Omega which I was thinking would be a Speedmaster or seamaster diver. I have pulled these two model numbers off the Omega website. Not sure if these are available in Australia through the AD and also would these be the affordable models in the line up. Keeping in mind a budget of around $5K per watch.

Finally having never been in an Omega AD in Australia, do they discount particularly given he is buying 3 identical watches. I know some brands discount some don't.

Open to any other model suggestions. The Speedmaster I picked was with a rubber strap which I think suits 18 year olds and the hot climate where they live. Could not see any of the dive watches that were on a rubber strap.

Await TRF guidance on what is a sad situation, that everybody is trying to help as best they can with.

SPEEDMASTER

SEAMASTER
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 11:10 PM   #2
jmsrolls
Banned

Both are good choices but the Speedmaster Professional is an icon that has been around for 50+ years. No other watch has its pedigree.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2015, 03:46 AM   #3
pdoukas
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing Duke bball
Age of the sales agent who took his life. I only ask because perhaps birth year speedies from the late 70s and 80s are relatively easy to acquire, work horses, half the budgeted allotment per piece, and an excellent reminder of the father.

My birth year 68 gmt goes to my son. My 68 speedy will go to one of my daughters, and I'm looking for another 68 for the other daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdoukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2015, 02:57 PM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
terrible to hear! Love the idea of going with a speedy Cannot be of any help unfortunately.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2015, 01:07 AM   #5
RUK
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,Daytona,P
That's very sad. Speed master professional for sure if it's an omega
Old 30 January 2015, 03:15 PM   #6
Cesium133
"TRF" Member

I agree a Speedmaster is the way to go. I do like the model you chose, but would like to suggest the most iconic Speedmaster model: 3570.50.00.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (129.3 KB, 75 views)
Cesium133 is offline   Reply With Quote