The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 7 March 2018, 07:55 AM   #1
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Pre ‘Incoming’ thanks to David SW!

One of the many incredible values of TRF is the vetting and promotion of the small, and very exclusive network of trusted sellers.

I’m a relative newbie. PL/SS YM bought in 2000 (18 years now and still looking and running great!).

When I decided I wanted the BLNR last year I did what everyone does — went to Amazon and eBay but...

There was just something a bit off when I talked to the various sellers. I couldn’t put my finger on it but if I was going to drop almost $9k US I had to have confidence. I finally decided to go the AD route and had a stellar experience with one of the best in the Bay Area, Shreve & Co near Union Square on Post Street. It was worth paying full retail and tax. I didn’t know at the time how lucky I was. They haven’t had another since.

Next up, I got smitten with the Rhodium YM. Because I now have TRF, I scanned the trusted sellers. When David SW had one that looked great and seemed to be priced right I stepped way out of my ‘AD comfort zone’ and emailed and then called. He was brisk and business-like.

In the end, we did the deal over text. I paypaled him the money with zero doubt, thanks to TRF. David did *every single thing* he said he would do. The watch arrived, beautifully packed, the next day (as promised : )

It exceeded my expectations in every way. David is a standup guy and a massive credit to this forum. I highly recommend David and he’ll be my first stop for future purchases (though this is my last for a bit — I’ve got to keep that promise to my SO).

Expect an ‘Incoming’ post soon...but I wanted to let the forum know how stellar this experience has been.

Thank you, David!
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote