The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 April 2024, 12:24 PM   #1
VictorGMT
"TRF" Member

Any walk-in love in Vegas?

Going tomorrow.

My dream would be to buy a DD Platinum Meteorite with Baguette new at retail. (I no longer dream of daytonas).

ANY advice? I'm going to wear my DD YG that celebrates my promotion to president in 2019, and have my 25th wedding anniversary Milgauss in my jacket pocket.

Talk about how I'd love something special to celebrate my recent retirement.

Any advice except "go pound sand" as to truthful dialog and which shops is very welcome!

A trusted seller has one at basically a new Camry over MSRP. Just can't quite go there.
VictorGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 12:28 PM   #2
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Any walk-in love in Vegas?

I won’t tell you to pound sand but youre more likely to hit the bonus round on the slots multiple times than get that specific watch as a walk in. So more importantly, have fun. And if that happens to involves random strangers in your room overnight… expect your lovely Vegas experience to be published right here on the forum.

Wynn - Rolex boutique by Watches of Switzerland. This boutique may likely be your best bet at that watch (but still low chance as a walk in).They also have a general Watches of Switzerland store with many Swiss brands including Patek Phillipe right next door. There’s also an Omega boutique in the opposite shopping promenade by the Urth Cafe Coffee.

Venetian - Horologio doesn’t carry Rolex but they do have Tudor and other mid tier brands.
Belusso also no Rolex but have an A Lange und Sohne boutique and an assortment of high tier Swiss brands. The owner of these 2 shops owns the Rolex boutique at Crsytals

Caesar’s Forum shops - Bucherer (formerly Tourneau) has both a Rolex and Tudor boutique. The main Bucherer time dome has almost every mainstream Swiss watch brand

Bellagio - Tessorini has a Rolex section and other Swiss brands.

Crystals - Rolex boutique. Other noteworthy boutiques include Audemars Piguet, Patek Phillipe, and Richard Mille.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 12:40 PM   #3
63SWCGUY
"TRF" Member

Zero chance😞
I was there a month ago and went to all the boutiques. Only one of them had a yellow gold day date for sale. Everything else was exhibition.
63SWCGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 12:47 PM   #4
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

I was there last week. The AD in Bellagio had a DD for sale but not sure which one. It was also the friendliest of the bunch. They have the Panda daytona on exhibition.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 12:51 PM   #5
Flipmarine2k
"TRF" Member

Walked in back in Jan in bucherer timedome in caesars. Got a 36dj fluted blue motif, fluted jubilee.

👑: 16710-GMT Master II, 16622- Yachtmaster, 18038 Day-Date, 216570 Exp II- Black, 116000 OP Red Grape, 16570 Explorer II Polar, 16750 GMT Master, 124060 Submariner, 16610LV Kermit, 116523 White Panda Racing Dial; Omega SMPc Tokyo, speedy 1861 Sapphire 🛡️: BB58 gilt. Cartier: WSSA0037 Santos ADLC Grey
Flipmarine2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 12:51 PM   #6
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I would not keep an extra watch in your pocket. Just be polite and interested and perhaps just try asking nicely. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorGMT View Post
Going tomorrow.

My dream would be to buy a DD Platinum Meteorite with Baguette new at retail. (I no longer dream of daytonas).

ANY advice? I'm going to wear my DD YG that celebrates my promotion to president in 2019, and have my 25th wedding anniversary Milgauss in my jacket pocket.

Talk about how I'd love something special to celebrate my recent retirement.

Any advice except "go pound sand" as to truthful dialog and which shops is very welcome!

A trusted seller has one at basically a new Camry over MSRP. Just can't quite go there.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 12:54 PM   #7
dg1111
"TRF" Member

I was there a few weeks ago, and the Wynn had some 36mm two tone datejusts. Those caught my eye because it’s sort of on my list for my wife. There were other watches for sale as well, but I don’t remember which. No sports watches. The AD in Caesars told me they occasionally have 43mm steel Seadwellers in the case. I asked about that watch because that’s the specific watch I’m trying to get now.
dg1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 01:02 PM   #8
CHRONOLEX
2024 Pledge Member

Bellagio will have available watches on the right end of the main case.
Bucherer and Wynn have available watches in the wall cases.
Boutique has available watches in freestanding case in center of store.
Good bet to find SS DJ, full YG and RG.
CHRONOLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 01:13 PM   #9
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorGMT View Post

4/10 troll….or if this is serious, umm yeah, don’t do that…
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 02:12 PM   #10
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerlsu2008 View Post
4/10 troll….or if this is serious, umm yeah, don’t do that…
Everyone knows you have to put on a show for the grand facade of Rolex scarcity. Put on your best suit or we won’t even talk to you…
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 02:31 PM   #11
Cantcatchm3
"TRF" Member

Last Tuesday I picked up a 224270 without any purchase history with the Rolex Boutique at Caesars.

I wanted to see the difference between the 36 and 40 Explorer 1 on my wrist. I tried on a few watches, had a sparkling water and had a nice conversation with the manager and SA about what I was looking for and why I was visiting Las Vegas. I filled out the card with just my email and left.

While I was a few doors away at Bucherer- I got a message from the boutique manager- he had a 224270 available. Maz googled my name and fortunately found my number. I really was amazed he just didn’t just send an email and move on to the next person on the list.

So I was able to get my watch within the hour. I had no purchase history with them, no second watch in my pocket- but I was wearing a well loved 16570.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cantcatchm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 02:52 PM   #12
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
The only Vegas Rolex stores I’ve visited were the Bucherer’s two in the Caesar’s Shops. This was a year ago, they were both nice but only the Boutique had any for sale, a couple DayDates and some bejewelled women’s models. The SA did offer to have me leave a wishlist, said if I got the call I’d have to fly back to get it.
They all want to sell high dollar watches to customers, the question is how many do they get and how many other clients waiting. I’d try them all.
I’ll be back there a few days in early May, be sure to report back your experiences.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 03:09 PM   #13
502 to Right
"TRF" Member

Just because people went there and nothing was in the case does not mean they don't have watches in the vault to sell to the right person. In fact, they almost certainly do.

I would wear the Milgauss and not the DD. I wouldn't say anything about already owning a DD. Tell them you really want a DD Platinum Meteorite with Baguette to celebrate your retirement and leave it at that. They either have it to sell to you or not.
502 to Right is offline   Reply With Quote