The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 March 2007, 07:33 PM   #1
briansym
"TRF" Member

Icon2 Hello from phuket

hello every one i,ve just found your forum a few days ago it looks really good.i have a small problem with a daytona bi-metal i wonder if some one could advise me.the watch is a w/94year not bad condition needs a servce though.the problem is i used the stop watch function and it wont stop!!the button is obviously gone a bit haywire.the watch is running no problem but even if i pull the adjuster out the watch still runs.will it damage the watch or should i let it run down untill i can get to the rolex shop?anyway greeting's from phuket.
briansym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
Welcome. I don't quite understand. If it is an automatic watch it will stop when you stop wearing it and it stops. Are you saying that it runs into perpetuity without stopping? That would raise more serious questions in my mind that whether the function is impaired.
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2007, 08:10 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansym View Post
hello every one i,ve just found your forum a few days ago it looks really good.i have a small problem with a daytona bi-metal i wonder if some one could advise me.the watch is a w/94year not bad condition needs a servce though.the problem is i used the stop watch function and it wont stop!!the button is obviously gone a bit haywire.the watch is running no problem but even if i pull the adjuster out the watch still runs.will it damage the watch or should i let it run down untill i can get to the rolex shop?anyway greeting's from phuket.
First welcome TRF now the movement in your watch is a modded Zenith El Primo.Now when you start the chrono function with the top button.You say you cannot stop it with the same button.Then reset it with the bottom button correct.Now sometimes the tiny spring sticks in button/movement pusher ,now this is easily fixed or perhaps your watch just needs a service.And the running of the Crono function 24/7 should not harm watch in any way.But recommend you get it looked at and get watch serviced.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2007, 08:55 PM   #4
briansym
"TRF" Member

thanks for the replys,i think padi56 has hit the nail on the head,i didnt think it was major i'll have to take the watch to singapore.seems to work ok so i'll keep wearing it.
regards
briansym
Old 19 March 2007, 09:06 PM   #5
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Welcome!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2007, 09:10 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansym View Post
thanks for the replys,i think padi56 has hit the nail on the head,i didnt think it was major i'll have to take the watch to singapore.seems to work ok so i'll keep wearing it.
regards
briansym
The BK RSC is very good and quite quick for service etc,as is the one in Singapore.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2007, 12:29 AM   #7
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
Welcome! You have come to the right place for information!
Old 20 March 2007, 04:32 AM   #8
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

Welcome To The Rolex Forums
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2007, 04:33 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Welcome to TRF....hope you enjoy your stay here!!

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2007, 10:59 AM   #10
ABushman

Welcome to the forum Brian. As you have already learned, there is a wealth of information available here - all you have to do is ask!

I visited Phuket a few years back - what a wonderful place! I've never had such wonderful seafood in all my life!
ABushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2007, 01:15 AM   #11
briansym
"TRF" Member

thanks for all the welcomes,does any one know if the bangkok sc sends the watch away when you give to them,i've always used the singapore sc and i kinda trust them.i have three rolex's the newest being my daytona at 12yrs the other two 18k day/date16yrs and a 18k datejust at 25years all bought second hand over the years,one out side a boxing stadium in bangkok(my first and favorite) all beautiful to me anyway, great to own.i treat them rough the guy in the sc singapore just shakes his head and restore's them every three years or so.i have to say it though once you own a rolex it's hard to look at at another brand for me anyway.regards from phuket,thanks again