The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 10 September 2018, 01:41 AM   #31
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Speedy.
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2018, 07:07 AM   #32
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Speedmaster. No brainer.

Agree 100%
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 05:24 AM   #33
ROGERB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 89 16610, 57 7914,
Wrong
Forum section for this question if you're expecting BB love, however everyone should own a Speedmaster

R
ROGERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:49 AM   #34
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

Nothing against the Tudor but the Speedy is the way to go. Don't worry about the hesalite crystal. Mine looks like new after more than two years of wear. If you get any scratches they can be easily buffed out by you. I've never checked the accuracy of my Speedy. I tend to let it run down when I'm wearing other watches and then I just set it and wind it. Not having a date is a plus for this.
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 08:19 AM   #35
cfracing
"TRF" Member

As much as I like the BB 58, I'd go with the Speedy. It is iconic, as others have said, and I am a chronograph more than a dive watch kind of guy.
cfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 03:56 PM   #36
Nurseford25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega’s/Sub
Get the speedmaster and wait until the hype of the bb58 dies down. It will be just like the original bb and will be available for great prices once these start really getting out into the market.
Nurseford25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 05:04 PM   #37
importstunna
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I used to own a Speedmaster Pro hesalite and I am now waiting my 58. Just comparing the 2 watches alone, I would say Speedy due to its rich history and the hesalite is amzing on it. The only reason I sold my Speedy was because it felt a tad too big on my 6.5" wrist, and it's the one watch which I regret selling. 58's main draw for me is the great vintage vibes which are different than its Sub brothers.
importstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 07:13 PM   #38
jw0n
"TRF" Member

I have Speedys and I have BBs. Honestly, the speedy gets more wear. But when my BB Black gets slapped on the wrist, it normally stays on for a week at least. Then its back to good ol' Speedys.

Instagram: @itsjw0n
jw0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 01:08 AM   #39
Blackdog
"TRF" Member

I have Blackbays, and I also have Speedys.

Think of it this way: The Blackbay is a great modern watch, homage to some vintage pieces of the past. The Speedmaster is a true vintage icon that you can still buy new today !

Imagine if Rolex would still have a 1680 Sub along with their modern watches. Would you hesitate at all about buying one ?

Well, that's the Speedy Pro from Omega. Hesalite and all. The same watch from 1969 with just some updates to the bracelet. An abosulute instant classic and at an excellent price point.

My 2c.
Blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 01:59 AM   #40
Jazzie
Banned

Speedy wins for me
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 05:55 AM   #41
kegan
"TRF" Member

Speedmaster for sure. That doesn’t mean you can’t get the 58 though too..right?
kegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 06:01 PM   #42
n4ms
"TRF" Member

Am too torn out between speedy and BB GMT pepsi... I have a datejust 36 flutted bezel and now onto my 2nd watch.
n4ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 11:07 PM   #43
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Speedy. Especially if you are expected to pick up a Rolex GMT in a year.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 04:47 PM   #44
alpine29
"TRF" Member

Hi Everyone,

I ended up with the Black Bay 58. After going back and forth between the MOTH and BB58, I complicated things by throwing the Omega FOIS into the selection. I just couldn’t pull the trigger without seeing the BB58 in person to make it final.

Based on the estimated timeframe and waitlist on the BB58, I figured it would be next year sometime before I could check one out. I ended up getting a call from the AD this past week and well, you know what happens!

Ultimately what won me over was the overall watch proportions, easy legibility at a glance, in-house COSC 70hr movement, and price point. In regards to price, I know we are only talking a few hundred dollars after discount, but the Tudor still comes out less at full retail price. I posted in the Rolex forum that the watch had a whimsical and nostalgic vibe, which just puts a smile on your face.

I may still end up with a Moonwatch of some sort if the budget (and wife ) allows because that Pepsi GMT seems like something that won’t come for years. Here are some pics:

alpine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 09:30 PM   #45
JoeCool76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine29 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I ended up with the Black Bay 58. After going back and forth between the MOTH and BB58, I complicated things by throwing the Omega FOIS into the selection. I just couldn’t pull the trigger without seeing the BB58 in person to make it final.

Based on the estimated timeframe and waitlist on the BB58, I figured it would be next year sometime before I could check one out. I ended up getting a call from the AD this past week and well, you know what happens!

Ultimately what won me over was the overall watch proportions, easy legibility at a glance, in-house COSC 70hr movement, and price point. In regards to price, I know we are only talking a few hundred dollars after discount, but the Tudor still comes out less at full retail price. I posted in the Rolex forum that the watch had a whimsical and nostalgic vibe, which just puts a smile on your face.

I may still end up with a Moonwatch of some sort if the budget (and wife ) allows because that Pepsi GMT seems like something that won’t come for years. Here are some pics:

Congrats. Beautiful piece.
JoeCool76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2018, 10:28 PM   #46
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 10:45 AM   #47
Daryl
2024 Pledge Member

Speedy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 11:38 PM   #48
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I recently confirmed with my dealer that I shouldn’t expect to get the Rolex GMT Pepsi for at least a year (estimated), and I am considering other watches in the meantime. I was initially set on a Black Bay 58, since it is a great value (in house movement, and robust build). I recently started looking at other brands and now considering a Omega Speedmaster Moon watch (hesalite) due to the versatility. My only concerns are the hesalite crystal and accuracy, since it’s not COSC. I don’t mind my watches getting beat up and showing character, but I do mind if the watch is gaining / losing a significant amount of time. I haven’t owned one before I and thought I’d inquire from current Moonwatch owners. Thanks!

Mine is like +6/8 per day so no appreciable issues. Hesilite has been no problem either and very cheap to replace and from what I understand easy to buff out. I wear my watches in many cirsumstances that many here would reach for their g shocks and have no real scratches on my crystal over the past 8 months using ordinary caution.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 12:48 PM   #49
WJGESQ
Banned

Since when is Tudor in the same league as Omega?
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 08:20 PM   #50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
Since the BB58 It really is amazing.
002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 12:44 PM   #51
Jgrink
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Hold your head high, it’s a beautiful watch. And I’m a Speedmaster owner, BTW.
Jgrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 04:42 PM   #52
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
I have a BBR and a BB GMT

I like the idea of the BB58 but do not need it

I had and sold a moon watch to a friend who still has it

it did not really speak to me and I don't regret selling it

the only answer is try both and buy the one you like

would say the speedy is obviously an iconic watch and one all WIS types should try at least once

now if you had the BB GMT on the list my answer would be very different ….

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 04:47 PM   #53
timlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Coke 16710
Quote:
for a very long time is the simple answer

and especially since the BB GMT

both brands show there are great value choices out there if you are willing to open your mind beyond Rolex even a little bit

124060 Submariner, 16710 Coke, 16570 Black dial, Datejust 41 Wimbledon dial, Tudor Black Bay GMT, Tudor Black Bay 58 Blue, Tudor Black Bay 58 925, Tudor Prince Date Chronograph (panda dial)
timlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 11:38 PM   #54
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
It's not. Technology and movements alone are not in the same league. Tudor has some nice offerings and is selling a lot of watches lately but it's not in the same playground with Omega.
Tudor offers pretty basic watches that are very attractive with a simple function. They are also inexpensive.
Omega is pushing advanced technologies even more so than Rolex in some cases.
Rolex's anti-magnetic watch(just the Milgauss) 1000 guass
Omega's anti-magnetic watch, just about the whole line at 15,000 guass

Between these two choices I'd take the Speedy. It suits more of my needs. Neither is particularly better than the other except the Speedy has an untouchable pedigree. But I chose it for other reasons.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2019, 11:36 PM   #55
Astacun
"TRF" Member

Omega Speedmaster Pro (Moon Watch) or Tudor Black Bay 58?

Another vote for the Speedy from me. Classic watch with a rich history. Very versatile too. I also love the BB58. I would get both, but get the Speedy first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astacun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 02:45 AM   #56
James Taylor
Banned

Thats a tough choice considering they're both so great. Try choose the watch that looks best on your wrist or that you have a better reason to get.
James Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2019, 03:08 AM   #57
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Big Rolex fan here but speedmaster for sure. Omega is very accurate.

Tudor just wears clunky.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/p...certification/
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 09:40 AM   #58
joshrai
"TRF" Member

Speedy 100%
joshrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 10:34 PM   #59
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Speedmaster
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 11:04 PM   #60
JeremyS
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on the Tudor. The good news is you really couldn’t have gone wrong with either piece. I suspect you’ll end up with a Speedy someday, as it is an iconic watch. It’s not perfect, but it is great. Both of these watches are on my list. In your shoes, I’d like to say I would have purchased the Speedy, but it would’ve been hard to say no to a BB58.
JeremyS is offline   Reply With Quote