The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 May 2022, 08:03 AM   #31
Madman37
"TRF" Member

There is another video of him and Nico having an argument about 11k don’t watch it right to the end though.
Madman37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 08:12 AM   #32
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
There is another video of him and Nico having an argument about 11k don’t watch it right to the end though.
What's that about, Nico gave him a watch? and he wants the 11k in return? Or what was the original deal?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 08:19 AM   #33
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

How disappointing if true. I can’t usually watch his entire videos as it quickly gets too self-consumed for me and I always turn off when it’s one of the “let’s drink fancy booze and unbox something” videos. But I like the views of Venice. And his music choices. Oh well.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 08:45 AM   #34
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What's that about, Nico gave him a watch? and he wants the 11k in return? Or what was the original deal?
https://youtu.be/FNNFBapDvBk
Old 26 May 2022, 08:46 AM   #35
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah I watched it twice already but what was the deal? Or did I miss it?
Old 26 May 2022, 08:55 AM   #36
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Yeah I watched it twice already but what was the deal? Or did I miss it?
i have no idea lol i hope you didn’t get right to the end.
Old 26 May 2022, 09:14 AM   #37
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i have no idea lol i hope you didn’t get right to the end.
Yeah I did, that's why I'm still up at 1 am. Can't sleep anymore.
Old 26 May 2022, 10:07 AM   #38
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
Cut a long story short

- all watches have either been returned to owners or are in the process of. Timeline for making videos have been longer than usual because of covid, other work commitments and having to move house because Nico released his address so Oisin was getting threatened.

- Oisin was selling 3 watches to a guy who didn’t pay him for 3 months, turned out this guy was actually selling onto to Nico, they agreed a price but in 3 months price had gone up a lot but Nico wanted at the old price. Oisin believed Nico was stalling on purpose so he could get at a cheaper price.

- lots of slanging matches between the 2, Oisin feels like Nico fooked him over, Nico feels the same…blah blah blah.

Lawyers now involved so probably best not to result to libel stuff.
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 10:14 AM   #39
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It never ceases to amaze me how convoluted these type of stories are.

For heavens sakes, if you agree to a deal (any type of personal or business deal) why on earth wouldn’t you set a time limit…. “Great we have a deal for $42K. You have 48 hours to send payment”. After that, the deal is off. Simple.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:10 AM   #40
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Faaaar too much drama for me.

IBTL
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 09:28 PM   #41
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam84 View Post
Cut a long story short

- all watches have either been returned to owners or are in the process of. Timeline for making videos have been longer than usual because of covid, other work commitments and having to move house because Nico released his address so Oisin was getting threatened.

- Oisin was selling 3 watches to a guy who didn’t pay him for 3 months, turned out this guy was actually selling onto to Nico, they agreed a price but in 3 months price had gone up a lot but Nico wanted at the old price. Oisin believed Nico was stalling on purpose so he could get at a cheaper price.

- lots of slanging matches between the 2, Oisin feels like Nico fooked him over, Nico feels the same…blah blah blah.

Lawyers now involved so probably best not to result to libel stuff.
According to people posting on other forums, watches have not " all been returned". And, who takes three months to complete a watch purchase? Someone with no money, that's who. Pay up or keep walking.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 09:40 PM   #42
Adam84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
According to people posting on other forums, watches have not " all been returned". And, who takes three months to complete a watch purchase? Someone with no money, that's who. Pay up or keep walking.
Just to clarify, it was Oisin who was initially waiting 3 months for the seller to buy...

and as i said, Oisin stated last night that watches have been returned "or are in the process of" as i said above....

TBH all this would have been solved by saying price and watches are held for this week only. Hindsight n all that.

Im not sure id read everything posted on forums (this one included to be fair) we only have he said, she said.....

Lets be honest all we have is information from multiple highly emotional parties, with multiple interests...none of us know the full truth so we can only go off what Nico and Oisin are saying, unless people start lawyering up.
Old 26 May 2022, 09:43 PM   #43
Adam84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Faaaar too much drama for me.

IBTL
Very true. Noone comes out of this looking good whether that be Oisin, Nico, the watch owners, their chums threatening Oisin....

Tbh if i was Nico id be a bit worried though. Admitting to releasing Oisins address,leading to death threats and forcing Oisin to move aint cool....GDPR and all that...big fines, libel etc etc etc
Old 26 May 2022, 09:59 PM   #44
DJH1977
"TRF" Member

I cannot imagine dealing in tens of thousands of dollars with any of these people.
DJH1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 10:10 PM   #45
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

I usually don’t follow this type of drama, especially with watch “You Tubers”. That said, I’m intrigued buy his one.

My overall gut feel is that Oisin is not a scammer. He’s like a lot of artists I know … a bit self absorbed, procrastinator in everyday chores, quirky and marches to the beat of his own drum. He’s not going to be prompt or necessarily “aware” of social graces. Someone who ships him a watch to film shouldn’t expect to get it back in a certain amount of time. “It’ll get done when it gets done” is how it works … at least that’s been my experience.

That doesn’t excuse his behavior in not shipping back the watches in a timely manner, but I think understanding who your dealing with, it is to be expected. He sort of explained that IMHO.
Old 26 May 2022, 11:13 PM   #46
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
He’s not going to be prompt or necessarily “aware” of social graces.
This thread is a very positive thing. It's good to make everyone aware that if you send this YT'er something there may be an extraordinary loooong delay to getting it back.

So there is a positive side to all this drama.

Imho don't send YouTube 'personalities' your timepiece(s).
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:24 PM   #47
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Read a lot of the thread on the Ω(ther) F(orum); really feel for the poor old guy who was a fan of the Timeless Watch Channel YouTube channel and sent a loaner watch, once owned by Humphrey Bogart, for review. I hope that man gets his watch back! I hate to say it doesn’t look promising though.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:37 PM   #48
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I usually don’t follow this type of drama, especially with watch “You Tubers”. That said, I’m intrigued buy his one.

My overall gut feel is that Oisin is not a scammer. He’s like a lot of artists I know … a bit self absorbed, procrastinator in everyday chores, quirky and marches to the beat of his own drum. He’s not going to be prompt or necessarily “aware” of social graces. Someone who ships him a watch to film shouldn’t expect to get it back in a certain amount of time. “It’ll get done when it gets done” is how it works … at least that’s been my experience.

That doesn’t excuse his behavior in not shipping back the watches in a timely manner, but I think understanding who your dealing with, it is to be expected. He sort of explained that IMHO.
Hahahaha, yeah, that's the vibe I get too. Artists, writers, independent creators are in their own little bubbles. It sucks and I'm not saying it's okay because it isn't when dealing with opp but I think it's worth making the distinction between flat out scammer and eccentric creative. Murder vs manslaughter, someone is still dead, but socially, legally, we agree intent makes a difference in judgement.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:46 PM   #49
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
Hahahaha, yeah, that's the vibe I get too. Artists, writers, independent creators are in their own little bubbles. It sucks and I'm not saying it's okay because it isn't when dealing with opp but I think it's worth making the distinction between flat out scammer and eccentric creative. Murder vs manslaughter, someone is still dead, but socially, legally, we agree intent makes a difference in judgement.
That's well said

I also tend to believe what he's saying about Nico's stall tactics ... makes sense and it appears to be a tactic used in the previous "up and to the right" watch market.

What I don't like is the whining about what the watches are worth after the fact. Make a deal, set a time limit for payment or deal is off. Simple.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2022, 11:46 PM   #50
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
I hope it eventuates that he is not a scammer, but it sure doesn’t look good so far. My gut feel is that he is a narcissistic person (and merely a wannabe bad-boy artiste) who is probably broke and lacks both empathy and ethics. Eccentric creative type? Maybe, maybe not. Because of my own work, most of my friends are artists or musicians, and they’re all functional and reliable.

Again, hope I’m wrong and that the disabled gent who sent Oisin a valuable watch to review many months ago ends up having it returned (Oisin has stalled for months, and now has told the old guy that he will only send it back if he engages lawyers). Oh, and the other guy from the same thread who posted screenshots of communication with Oisin who, repeating the above, hasn’t had his four watches returned since January 2021 despite persistently asking Oisin for them back.

The way Oisin treats people with contempt and plays the victim is odious: be they random commenters on social media asking him to return others’ goods, or his fellow YouTuber Nico Leonard asking for his $11,000 Euros owed.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 11:49 PM   #51
Adam84
Banned

I think there’s also an expectation difference here. Eccentric creator knows how long it takes to film, edit, produce a video, he also knows if it’s being done for free, other work has to take priority.

Emotional Collector or upstart business wanting a free plug expects it to be done quickly, doesn’t see all the effort that goes into making videos.

I suppose communication is key with these things so both parties have realistic expectations.

I know of a reviewer who I enjoy watching that will send out a written statement, detailing timescales etc of free reviews and videos so that both parties understand the situation, If they don’t sign he won’t review….it’s just easier that way!
Old 27 May 2022, 12:31 AM   #52
johnwigan
Banned

I have seen enough. I know none of these people but I have come across a few rotters in my time.

I watched established watch dealers vouch for Nico's probity.

I see a growing list of people owed watches and money from Oisin.

Oisin and Nico's phone call on YouTube was illuminating. Oisin was not pleasent at all.

I also saw Oisin's rambling video 'explanation'. A series of long-winded, incoherent and frankly incredible excuses.

Very simple really. Pay back the people you owe money to. Return the watches you still have? to their rightful owners. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen.

But Oisin has certainly charmed some people. Misunderstood artist, that's one way of describing it.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 12:56 AM   #53
Adam84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwigan View Post
I have seen enough. I know none of these people but I have come across a few rotters in my time.

I watched established watch dealers vouch for Nico's probity.

I see a growing list of people owed watches and money from Oisin.

Oisin and Nico's phone call on YouTube was illuminating. Oisin was not pleasent at all.

I also saw Oisin's rambling video 'explanation'. A series of long-winded, incoherent and frankly incredible excuses.

Very simple really. Pay back the people you owe money to. Return the watches you still have? to their rightful owners. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen.

But Oisin has certainly charmed some people. Misunderstood artist, that's one way of describing it.
If Nico is so sweet and innocent in all this, why did he not pay Oisin immediately in the first place? Oisin could have given him the watches straight away and avoided all this mess.

If Nico thought he was being done over, Why did Nico release Oisins address to a watch group with 30 people leading to death threats and security risks against Oisin? Why didn’t he just call the police or get lawyers involved?

Nico comes out of this looking just as bad IMHO
Old 27 May 2022, 01:09 AM   #54
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
If Nico is so sweet and innocent in all this, why did he not pay Oisin immediately in the first place? Oisin could have given him the watches straight away and avoided all this mess.

If Nico thought he was being done over, Why did Nico release Oisins address to a watch group with 30 people leading to death threats and security risks against Oisin? Why didn’t he just call the police or get lawyers involved?

Nico comes out of this looking just as bad IMHO
Very simple. Oisin should return the watches, he has so far refused to return, to their owners immediately. And apologise.

Oisin should pay back the money he owes to his various debtors. Immediately. And apologise.

No more excuses. This isn't going to happen of course. And that is all you need to know.

He is certainly a charmer. Seems he has charmed you. Would you lend him money or watches?
Old 27 May 2022, 01:13 AM   #55
Adam84
Banned

Quote:
Very simple. Oisin should return the watches, he has so far refused to return, to their owners immediately. And apologise.

Oisin should pay back the money he owes to his various debtors. Immediately. And apologise.

No more excuses. This isn't going to happen of course. And that is all you need to know.

He is certainly a charmer. Seems he has charmed you. Would you lend him money or watches?
So you haven’t answered my questions, that’s somewhat telling! …seems Nico has charmed you

Nicos story doesn’t stack up, I’m not sure I fully believe Oisin either, it’s probably somewhere in between as usual.
Old 27 May 2022, 01:33 AM   #56
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
So you haven’t answered my questions, that’s somewhat telling! …seems Nico has charmed you

Nicos story doesn’t stack up, I’m not sure I fully believe Oisin either, it’s probably somewhere in between as usual.
It isn't just Nico. There are others.

If you owe money, if you have other people's property then an honest person knows what they have to do to make things right.

You do not try to muddy the waters, come up with endless rambling incoherent excuses. You do not blame your victims.

You owe what you owe.

I think you know these people will never see their money or watches again.
Old 27 May 2022, 01:49 AM   #57
Adam84
Banned

Quote:
It isn't just Nico. There are others.

If you owe money, if you have other people's property then an honest person knows what they have to do to make things right.

You do not try to muddy the waters, come up with endless rambling incoherent excuses. You do not blame your victims.

You owe what you owe.

I think you know these people will never see their money or watches again.
And when Nico owed Oisin money, not paying up for months blaming a “banking issue”? Or have you chosen to blank that out to justify your point of view?

If these people won’t see their money again, why has Oisin been paying it off (both Nico and Oisin admitted to this) and why would Oisin show the watches he still has, live on YouTube, and admitted to still having them in his possession….that would be a dumb move…perfect evidence for the police LMAO. Your logic makes zero sense
Old 27 May 2022, 04:59 AM   #58
Medtech71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And when Nico owed Oisin money, not paying up for months blaming a “banking issue”? Or have you chosen to blank that out to justify your point of view?

If these people won’t see their money again, why has Oisin been paying it off (both Nico and Oisin admitted to this) and why would Oisin show the watches he still has, live on YouTube, and admitted to still having them in his possession….that would be a dumb move…perfect evidence for the police LMAO. Your logic makes zero sense
Oisin took the money knowing full well he didn’t have the watches anymore, then refused to give it back. The degenerate was using it to pay for his whores and liquor, no doubt.
Medtech71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 06:19 AM   #59
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:

I think your earlier post is probably right - the answer is somewhere in between, although looking at some of Oisins responses on IG I’m not sure I fully get some of it and he’s done himself no favours. Irrespective of that, I suspect Oisin is finished. The watch industry works a lot on trust, and when that goes it’s hard work rightly or wrongly.

I am still trying to work out why someone would send a YouTuber a watch, but hey ho……
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 07:08 AM   #60
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think there’s also an expectation difference here. Eccentric creator knows how long it takes to film, edit, produce a video, he also knows if it’s being done for free, other work has to take priority.

Emotional Collector or upstart business wanting a free plug expects it to be done quickly, doesn’t see all the effort that goes into making videos.

I suppose communication is key with these things so both parties have realistic expectations.

I know of a reviewer who I enjoy watching that will send out a written statement, detailing timescales etc of free reviews and videos so that both parties understand the situation, If they don’t sign he won’t review….it’s just easier that way!
i saw his BB58 video after he made his point about this and it just seems like a lot of him talking and a lot of zooming in and out near the marine, the floor near a gallery etc. If it was david attenborough type shit i would understand but to not return somebody’s property is bang out of order.