The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 October 2014, 05:54 AM   #91
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I'll take your word for it and first chance I have I'll give it a try.
Hey Flavio, no problem.
To clarify, as regards to my post. The "thank you" was clearly a response to you. After that the rest of the post was for the world of the internet and not specifically directed at you. HAGW
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2014, 06:08 AM   #92
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Hey Flavio, no problem.
To clarify, as regards to my post. The "thank you" was clearly a response to you. After that the rest of the post was for the world of the internet and not specifically directed at you. HAGW
I know buddy no sweat
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2014, 06:12 AM   #93
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Looks nice, thanks, but ... that bracelet doesn't work, IMHO. Forget the "tool watch" argument for a moment, it just doesn't look right aesthetically. I wouldn't like polished center links regardless, but those ones are especially out of place because they're so big and wide. And this is a throw-back copy, after all, so why on earth would Omega go with PCLs? They should offer a rubber-strap option. Bet it would look great on a NATO too.
I can definitely see your argument and it does make sense. It's one of those things though that a person sees and they just like it or they don't. Some people don't like the Porsche Panamera while I think it's one of the best looking P cars. I guess they should have offered different models with or without pcls. Maybe the the Ti and ss in brushed would've worked. However, now that I've seen the watch this way first, it's the way I personally prefer, though many will be pushed away just based on this.
Now that you mention it, the pcls are indeed wide, but I still like them. I'm a pcls guy though.

The good thing is that Omega is supposedly making natos/zulus for this model so we'll see.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2014, 08:50 AM   #94
Bobby T
Banned

Beautiful watch but that bracelet with the PCLs just doesn't work. Brush them out would be the answer for me......
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2014, 01:18 PM   #95
jshepard
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII
Looks nice, the PCLs do look kind of funny, like you had a vintage watch but it didn't come with a bracelet and the only one you could find was one with PCL so you just went with it. I wonder if "Master Co-Axial" means even longer service intervals. Looks like it's about time to pay the AD a visit.
jshepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2014, 05:55 AM   #96
p_mcgee
"TRF" Member

I'm reserving judgement on this one until I try it on. I would think that the white seconds hand, fake patina and PCLs would all be big negatives but for some reason the whole package seems to work nicely. In any case because of all these design elements I plan on waiting for a year or so until pre-owned ones start to go up for sale on the forums.
p_mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2014, 11:27 AM   #97
Quotron
"TRF" Member

This one has really been growing on me. I'd like to see more pics of the Ti version, but I'm not too excited about the price of that variant..
Quotron is offline   Reply With Quote