Banned

Watch: PAM 960 PAM 320
Nice color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paneristi_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 11:37 PM   #213
A_durian
"TRF" Member

Hate to say this, but I’ve turned from being a fan to disliking this brand and it’s business practices.

It’s sad that Kurono is more innovative with digital marketing than at producing watches. They talk about this Hajime Asaoka dude like he’s Leonardo da Vinci hand painting the Mona Lisa with these colorful dials. Tbh the dials are nothing special, the mechanics of the watch is nothing special and the brand is just becoming repetitive with changing colors and limited edition everything. If everything is a special, then nothing is special.

There is no need to wait 4months plus for the Toki watch. It is not that hard to make or assemble, it’s not even a fully hand assembled watch. And the JDM kuronos I see in Tic Tac stores all the time in Japan sitting in the display windows for sale and no one even takes a second glance.

Sadly I ordered a Toki, but never again would I order another one of these Kurono watches. If and when mine arrives if there is anyone interested at one for retail, will happily sell you for cost.
A_durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 12:52 AM   #214
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_durian View Post
Hate to say this, but I’ve turned from being a fan to disliking this brand and it’s business practices.

It’s sad that Kurono is more innovative with digital marketing than at producing watches. They talk about this Hajime Asaoka dude like he’s Leonardo da Vinci hand painting the Mona Lisa with these colorful dials. Tbh the dials are nothing special, the mechanics of the watch is nothing special and the brand is just becoming repetitive with changing colors and limited edition everything. If everything is a special, then nothing is special.

There is no need to wait 4months plus for the Toki watch. It is not that hard to make or assemble, it’s not even a fully hand assembled watch. And the JDM kuronos I see in Tic Tac stores all the time in Japan sitting in the display windows for sale and no one even takes a second glance.

Sadly I ordered a Toki, but never again would I order another one of these Kurono watches. If and when mine arrives if there is anyone interested at one for retail, will happily sell you for cost.

I received my Toki a week ago. I’ll tell you the color is quite unique, unlike any salmon I’ve seen. It wears comfortably, looks refined and has many elements to keep it interesting. It’s also priced reasonably for what you get. Before you decide to sell it, give it a chance to impress.
I don’t know if you own a Kurono but if you do then your position on is experience based. If you don’t own one, then I’d say separate the business practices that keep the company thriving (as they see it) and focus on the product itself.
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 02:30 AM   #215
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Japan Tic Tac Chrono brand which is the Japanese variant of Kurono is discontinued now. Kurono only from now on, no Japanese variant. The Tic Tac Chrono variants are all sold out with the exception of Chrono Chronograph 1 which is limited to 100 Panda dial, and 100 reverse Panda dial. Chrono 1 will cost over $4000+10% sourcing fee for overseas + shipping. That's why it hasn't fully sold in my opinion. It says stock is very low on the Tic Tac site now. I expect the Tic Tac Chrono will be more sought after in the future. Until recently these could not be ordered online from overseas.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 07:33 AM   #216
A_durian
"TRF" Member

I live in Japan, I ordered a Toki and still waiting to receive.

I live and work in central Tokyo so I have handled and looked closely at the JDM kuronos. The watches are available to buy in stock at Tic Tac, there really isn’t anything separating these from the international versions. And both are nothing special.

Kuronos idea of splitting the JDM brand and Kurono is an attempt to stop arbitrage. Its obvious that Chrono Tokyo just isn’t popular in Japan even at lower costs than the rest of the world. They worry that people will be able to buy from Japan easily, this would destroy the desirability of it. This brand is purely trying to capitalize on its short term popularity.

Even though JDM models being low production numbers, they still haven’t sold out. Go figure, why else do they want to void your warranty if you buy a JDM outside of Japan. They want to control the distribution channel, so that they can artificially limit supply and drive prices up. At the end of the day they, can produce enough watches, since these aren’t hand made. Yet, they pretend that physical limitations are limiting how many they can produce. While they continually release new models like Seiji? So it’s not about physical limitations, they’re trying to trying to drive hype into every new release. Why else do PR stunts, and try to make people jump through hoops to get it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 940F7D4D-8AD2-452B-8CB0-D5F349535E9B.jpeg (108.5 KB, 613 views)
File Type: jpeg 65710C33-6F2C-4FF5-A1F2-44A57BBBF476.jpeg (69.5 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpeg 663003EB-3394-4FCD-A4F0-E0D431ADE5BB.jpeg (68.9 KB, 610 views)
Old 7 September 2021, 08:22 AM   #217
Manamana
"TRF" Member

A_durian I just checked Tic Tac online and only Chrono Chronograph 1 is available. Can you send me a link for the others please. It says sold out.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 09:12 AM   #218
A_durian
"TRF" Member

There’s a Tic Tac shop near my workplace and I walked in and these two were still for sale. Around 2 weeks ago. Online system doesn’t always reflect what’s in stores in Japan.
Old 23 October 2021, 09:31 PM   #219
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Supposed to receive the watch in October but i received this email instead. :/

We would like to update you on the status of your KURONO Anniversary 朱鷺:TOKI. There will be slight delays by 2-3 weeks for your order. We expect orders in your batch to be fully fulfilled by November.

The manufactory here in Japan faces a confluence of unanticipated supply chain and manpower disruptions amidst sensei's quality requirements. We have also rejected a larger number of finished pieces that did not meet QC benchmarks. As a rule, we will not compromise quality just so to rush pieces out.

To keep you updated with your order, emails will be sent to you when your watch is ready and when it has been shipped out.

Do feel free to contact us if you have any concerns such as address changes and our team will be more than happy to help resolve them.

Once again, we apologise for the delay and humbly ask for your understanding and patience regarding this matter.
Old 24 October 2021, 12:03 AM   #220
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrus View Post

We would like to update you on the status of your KURONO Anniversary 朱鷺:TOKI. There will be slight delays by 2-3 weeks for your order. We expect orders in your batch to be fully fulfilled by November.

The manufactory here in Japan faces a confluence of unanticipated supply chain and manpower disruptions amidst sensei's quality requirements. We have also rejected a larger number of finished pieces that did not meet QC benchmarks. As a rule, we will not compromise quality just so to rush pieces out.

To keep you updated with your order, emails will be sent to you when your watch is ready and when it has been shipped out.

Do feel free to contact us if you have any concerns such as address changes and our team will be more than happy to help resolve them.

Once again, we apologise for the delay and humbly ask for your understanding and patience regarding this matter.

That’s sounds like a very reassuring email during our most unusual times. Quality over speed, always wins for me!
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 12:42 AM   #221
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:

Mr Goh do you mind sharing your purchase reference number?
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 12:54 AM   #222
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Mr Goh do you mind sharing your purchase reference number?
Hey man no worries. Its 56xx
Old 24 October 2021, 01:17 AM   #223
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hey man no worries. Its 56xx
Thanks! Mine is 59xx. I will count my blessings if I receive mine by Christmas given this delay.
Old 24 October 2021, 04:52 PM   #224
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Thanks! Mine is 59xx. I will count my blessings if I receive mine by Christmas given this delay.
if im not wrong order 5100++ shipped last month. So december/jan looks like a plausible timeline for you :)
Old 25 October 2021, 07:53 PM   #225
A_durian
"TRF" Member

My order number is 66xx. It is being delivered now should arrive this week.

Just FYI, I made a lot of complaints about the timing of the delivery and I did request to cancel my order as it was bought as gift and the occasion has now long passed.

So it’s obvious what they say about sending watches out by sequence number is bullshit like everything else they say.
Old 26 October 2021, 09:38 PM   #226
accountank2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN, 79220R
I am on order 68xx , not really expecting it any time soon - like with my Ming order that should arrive next year, I've mentally written it off and then it will be a nice surprise when i get it sometime...
accountank2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2021, 04:17 AM   #227
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Just got mine. Order #5300. Happy to have it in my collection. Very nice design and looks great with a long sleeve dress shirt.
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 02:10 AM   #228
yoast
"TRF" Member

Did anyone get their order in the 68XX range already?
Old 28 November 2021, 03:50 AM   #229
Lindhuirst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoast View Post
Did anyone get their order in the 68XX range already?
Im 61XX and still waiting. Have not even got the delat emails yet. So I guess Jan/ Feb for me. Was initially nov/dec.
Lindhuirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 06:52 AM   #230
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Just got mine 2 days ago. Order 56xx if anyone's interested. Cheers
Old 28 November 2021, 11:33 AM   #231
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindhuirst View Post
Im 61XX and still waiting. Have not even got the delat emails yet. So I guess Jan/ Feb for me. Was initially nov/dec.
Quote:
Just got mine 2 days ago. Order 56xx if anyone's interested. Cheers
Thanks. Seems I'll be in for quite a wait still
Old 28 November 2021, 04:50 PM   #232
Neom
Banned

Quote:
My order number is 66xx. It is being delivered now should arrive this week.

Just FYI, I made a lot of complaints about the timing of the delivery and I did request to cancel my order as it was bought as gift and the occasion has now long passed.

So it’s obvious what they say about sending watches out by sequence number is bullshit like everything else they say.
I think people are not really listening to / reading you. I am not familiar with the brand but I wouldn't be surprised if they are taking advantage of the markets - it's happening across so many industries. Hell, even Church's is doubling their retail prices for their boots with hopes of not dying.
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 11:24 AM   #233
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Before Christmas! This dial is so exquisite and pretty.

IMG_11122021_092439_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg
Old 17 December 2021, 03:24 PM   #234
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Got shipment notification order in the 6000s
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 10:33 AM   #235
surfblue
2024 Pledge Member

Order 62XX shipped this morning.
surfblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2021, 05:58 PM   #236
Lindhuirst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
61XX on the way aswell! :)
Lindhuirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 09:39 PM   #237
yoast
"TRF" Member

Got mine today! First incoming of the year

Old 13 January 2022, 06:17 PM   #238
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Congrats, all. Mine finally arrived.

Really loving this piece. Black suede with salmon stitching.

lig is offline   Reply With Quote