The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 25 May 2021, 12:12 PM   #1
NimbleNavigator
"TRF" Member

Edited - Timepiece Gentleman

I've been watching Timepiece Gentlemen on Youtube for a while. Was something new and interesting. Eventually I just lost interest in the show because Anthony is nothing but a flashy egotist. Only guy who knows anything is Marco, and even after a few episodes you can see that Anthony is rubbing off on Marco too much and he's becoming self absorbed and flashy.

Had the pleasure of watching Grey Market (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP_ft34xOMM) today and I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize Roman and Adrian speak Russian, and it was a pleasure listening to them every now and then. Few things that jumped out at me:
  • I love how Roman calls out Anthony indirectly on his show opening, saying that "this isn't someone trying to make it in the business" and he's already made it, with his $100M company
  • Adrian is wickedly knowledgable on all watches
  • Roman has great knowledge on very unique watches
  • I like how Roman and Adrian run the business, and it's clear why it's a $100M company
  • Each episode is under 50 minutes, well edited and the cinematography is great

It's super clear to me why Anthony and Marco are struggling; trying to scam everyone into this VIP club; waste money left and right; and make self-absorbed videos that actually teach you nothing about watches. You can even see this in the name of the show, it's all about Anthony and his flashy brand. Roman and Adrian call their show Grey Market and actually focus on the grey market and watches.

I can't wait to see more episodes of Grey Market. I'll definitely want to buy a piece from Roman and Adrian just for the experience and support. Great guys and seem like the best.
NimbleNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:17 PM   #2
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

2 weeks ago I saw Roman and Adrian on the street in Manhattan.i was very surprised to see them filming for their show and I watch all their stuff. They seem like 2 great guys and I feel like they are the real deal. Some of the other stuff out there isnt as entertaining IMO.
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:20 PM   #3
uhren917
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Eventually most every youtuber watch guy will disappoint you.

First it was the talking hands guy, then AC3, then Thorpe, then Mosso, then the rake guy, then the guy in Japan with the specs, etc.... then Anthony . Maybe in 2 weeks it will be Roman.
uhren917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:20 PM   #4
mike morris
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN -116234
Roman and Adrian -Russian Americans.I hear accent from first video. Great show “whiskey and watches “
Timepiece Gentlemen Anthony offer my subC 2019 for 8000$ 1 month ago ( crazy fake videos)
mike morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:22 PM   #5
NimbleNavigator
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhren917 View Post

First it was the talking hands guy, then AC3, then Thorpe, then the guy in Japan, etc.... then Anthony . Maybe in 2 weeks it will be Roman.
I think Timepiece Gentleman takes the win, because it became ridiculous after the second episode.
NimbleNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:28 PM   #6
kizerman
Banned

Timepiece Gent is like a car wreck, you don't want to watch but you do anyway. Anthony is a clown and should get a savings account because for guys like him it's here today, gone today.
Unfortunately with his materialistic personality and penchant for over-priced, average quality, trendy steak houses he will be looking for a new scam before long.

I do find Marco interesting as his knowledge of vintage Rolex is top shelf and he does seem quite intelligent overall.

The best thing about this channel is that it clearly shows how greys acquire pieces. Anthony fully admits that no AD will deal with him. He gets all his pieces from private, discreet AD buyers. There is no back room bundling. He buys a BLRO for 18k and sells it for 20k. It's a volume business for greys.
kizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:29 PM   #7
uhren917
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleNavigator View Post
I think Timepiece Gentleman takes the win, because it became ridiculous after the second episode.
I watched up until he started looking for bigger diggings in that nicer building.

After a while I figured I'm not learning anything anymore.

Was watching the glasses guy in Japan for awhile, but then he started throwing in politics.

Sayonara.

I'm not here to get brainwashed.

Like I said , they all become a turn off eventually.
Old 25 May 2021, 12:32 PM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Vladdy's is the #1 TRF vlogger by a mile.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 12:54 PM   #9
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Roman is one of my viewed YT channels. Humble guy with a lot of experience. His on screen chemistry with Adrian and the way he treats his staff gives me a very high impression of him. He also values horological merits over hype.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:17 PM   #10
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
I personally like watching Timepiece Gentleman because of the entertainment value. A bit unfair to call him out on watch knowledge as I believe the channel is really is a day in the life for him and their goal of X million sales in a year.

You can’t deny that he’s a good marketer and and the channel has a lot of appeal that brings a lot of business to them.

Now, if it was my business I would be more frugal but he can run it the way he wants to. The “openness” of the channel brings a lot of trust and it’s interesting to me seeing the people that call in and their various reasons on selling/buying a watch. The flashiness not so much but I can see how some people might be into that.

Admittedly, it is getting tiring but let’s see how far they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:17 PM   #11
DrStrangluv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhren917 View Post

First it was the talking hands guy, then AC3, then Thorpe, then Mosso, then the rake guy, then the guy in Japan with the specs, etc.... then Anthony . Maybe in 2 weeks it will be Roman.
So true. I find nowadays I am best informed by old watch forums that's been around... And unfortunately only the older posts where people dive deeper into movements and history. Newer posts seem centered around acquiring the hyped pieces promoted by these YouTube videos
DrStrangluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:22 PM   #12
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Is it really a 100M biz?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:29 PM   #13
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

I can not fathom who is actually selling them watches as their trade values are completely pathetic. I tried to watch the show twice but could only stomach 10 min tops. I respect Anthony’s story but that’s where it ends. If they are around in 2 years ill be surprised
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:33 PM   #14
CAWatchLove
Banned

I enjoy all of them, Roman, Adrian, Anthony & Marco.

I think I lean a bit more towards favoring Roman/Adrian for several reasons. Roman is a big humanitarian always thinking of the less fortunate. And he’s a family man, those things resonate with me. He does dominate the convo a bit too much but I can live with that. And he’s very horological first, hype second. I love all that and he’s informative on all pieces, hype or no hype.

Anthony & Marco are entertaining too, I like Marco more though. He cracked me up in his video where he was talking to someone who referred to Marco as “the other guy” and Marco sort of cringed and looked confused acknowledging “yes I’m the other guy”. Loved that it was hilarious and he’s content enough to not have to be “center of attention” and he’s definitely more horological savvy than Anthony.

Anthony is lights camera action, pure hype, pure flash, mildly narcissistic yes. But he has intense work ethic and creativity. He demands excellence in business and gets very involved and he put the channel together. He gets my respect for creativity and intense work ethic and grind.
CAWatchLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:39 PM   #15
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
I'm a Roman fan over TPG
I enjoy his stuff as hes knowledgeable but also pretty down to earth

With Anthony at TPG, I'm only watching now to see if we get to watch the whole thing unravel as their spending outstrips their revenue
I'm no business owner, but the amount of money they seem to be spending doenst seem smart this early in the game and i dont imagine it will end well if/when the general market or their hype cools off
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 01:46 PM   #16
uhren917
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangluv View Post
So true. I find nowadays I am best informed by old watch ...And unfortunately only the older posts where people dive deeper into movements and history. Newer posts seem centered around acquiring the hyped pieces promoted by these YouTube videos
Agreed. Richard Perret Watchmaker is enjoyable in that respect.

https://m.youtube.com/results?search...ett+watchmaker
Old 25 May 2021, 01:49 PM   #17
nosignalbmwdriver
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Skydwelli
AC3 is the most entertaining IMHO followed by WatchEric
nosignalbmwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 02:02 PM   #18
S1mplee
"TRF" Member

Romans editing, business etc is in a different league over Anthony’s. However I do believe if we give Anthony time he will get a lot better. It all takes time to hone your craft, and watching both folks I can say they are learning from each other.
S1mplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 02:06 PM   #19
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
TPG lost me when they started asking for $2k in exchange to be part of a "wholesale group"

Roman is great. I've been watching his content for years.
Old 25 May 2021, 02:23 PM   #20
bob99
"TRF" Member

I started watching TPG after reading about it on this forum, to get a look at how the greys work. It was informative, and I like the fact that Anthony has turned his life around. Respect the hustle. However, it seems like they're pretty bad at business (losing watches, unsure about inventory, no real systems in place.) I get that the "openness" is considered honest, but I wouldn't want to do business with them. This $2M raise they're doing at $2k per person seems weird. It's probably legal in that it's not a literal scam... It's a free country, you're allowed to give them $2,000 for access to a facebook group and your name on a plaque in their future store if that's what you want to do. But it does feel like they very quickly jumped from growing the channel to "how can we get money out of these viewers?"

Side note - does anyone know why Anthony was banned here?

Roman and Adrian are definitely running a better business, and seem to know more. I prefer watching them, and love when they go into NYC to see that whole scene. Roman has been making vids for years, and while he's trying to grow the channel, it doesn't seem like he's immediately trying to extract money out of the viewers.

I'll keep watching both, since they're entertaining. But if I was buying grey, I'd buy from Luxury Bazaar and not TPG.
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 02:49 PM   #21
stainlesssteve
"TRF" Member

I’m hooked on TPG but I am very concerned that they will go broke if they move to the new space. They appear to have poor accounting controls, and with the lavish spending, I’m not sure they can keep the party going long term. I really enjoy the show and hope they ink that Netflix series before they run out of cash...
Old 25 May 2021, 09:58 PM   #22
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
As sad as it seems, offering the $2k is the right thing to do as a business. "Use other people's money".... It seems he has a lot of followers and people believing in them. It might just work.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 04:13 AM   #23
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleNavigator View Post
I've been watching Timepiece Gentlemen on Youtube for a while. Was something new and interesting. Eventually I just lost interest in the show because Anthony is nothing but a flashy egotist. Only guy who knows anything is Marco, and even after a few episodes you can see that Anthony is rubbing off on Marco too much and he's becoming self absorbed and flashy.

Had the pleasure of watching Grey Market (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP_ft34xOMM) today and I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize Roman and Adrian speak Russian, and it was a pleasure listening to them every now and then. Few things that jumped out at me:
  • I love how Roman calls out Anthony indirectly on his show opening, saying that "this isn't someone trying to make it in the business" and he's already made it, with his $100M company
  • Adrian is wickedly knowledgable on all watches
  • Roman has great knowledge on very unique watches
  • I like how Roman and Adrian run the business, and it's clear why it's a $100M company
  • Each episode is under 50 minutes, well edited and the cinematography is great

It's super clear to me why Anthony and Marco are struggling; trying to scam everyone into this VIP club; waste money left and right; and make self-absorbed videos that actually teach you nothing about watches. You can even see this in the name of the show, it's all about Anthony and his flashy brand. Roman and Adrian call their show Grey Market and actually focus on the grey market and watches.

I can't wait to see more episodes of Grey Market. I'll definitely want to buy a piece from Roman and Adrian just for the experience and support. Great guys and seem like the best.
i am into roman's stuff. that guy knows his stuff and he's not all into only rolex, patek and ap.
he loves the non-popular crazy stuff.

grey market and watches and whiskey is sick.

the moment anthony starts asking 2k crowd funding for his new store place, that disgust me. man, doing well but asking people for money

adrian is great but i always feel he's always angry lol. he knows the modern stuff and popular stuff but roman is the real wizard on watches.
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 04:16 AM   #24
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Roman is one of my viewed YT channels. Humble guy with a lot of experience. His on screen chemistry with Adrian and the way he treats his staff gives me a very high impression of him. He also values horological merits over hype.
100% with you, yes sir!
Old 27 May 2021, 12:22 AM   #25
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoque View Post
I personally like watching Timepiece Gentleman because of the entertainment value. A bit unfair to call him out on watch knowledge as I believe the channel is really is a day in the life for him and their goal of X million sales in a year.

You can’t deny that he’s a good marketer and and the channel has a lot of appeal that brings a lot of business to them.

Now, if it was my business I would be more frugal but he can run it the way he wants to. The “openness” of the channel brings a lot of trust and it’s interesting to me seeing the people that call in and their various reasons on selling/buying a watch. The flashiness not so much but I can see how some people might be into that.

Admittedly, it is getting tiring but let’s see how far they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can run it the way he wants to, but asking people for a $2 million GIFT in exchange for no equity is a bad look when blowing money on lavish meals etc. like you have an infinite supply
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2021, 12:49 PM   #26
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Just watched the latest episode of Grey Market. I really love this show.

I did watch the first few weeks of the Timepiece Gentleman, but lost interest after the whole gifting of money to purchase their new location. That was the end for me.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2021, 03:09 AM   #27
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Just watched the latest episode of Grey Market. I really love this show.

I did watch the first few weeks of the Timepiece Gentleman, but lost interest after the whole gifting of money to purchase their new location. That was the end for me.
i think the fun thing about roman and grey market is their team actually goes out to make deals with other dealers. showing you how it works in the business.

it's more interactive to watch. TPG is always about calls, credit card fraud, not knowing what wire is in and out and giving ridiculous grey market prices to end customers and they're still over-paying for it.
Old 6 June 2021, 12:27 PM   #28
RollieNZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date YG
Has anyone else noticed how Roman and Adrian's videos seem to have started to look more and more like the TPG's?

Flashier and more 'look at me' style in my opinion.
RollieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 04:17 PM   #29
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
I started watching TPG after reading about it on this forum, to get a look at how the greys work. It was informative, and I like the fact that Anthony has turned his life around. Respect the hustle. However, it seems like they're pretty bad at business (losing watches, unsure about inventory, no real systems in place.) I get that the "openness" is considered honest, but I wouldn't want to do business with them. This $2M raise they're doing at $2k per person seems weird. It's probably legal in that it's not a literal scam... It's a free country, you're allowed to give them $2,000 for access to a facebook group and your name on a plaque in their future store if that's what you want to do. But it does feel like they very quickly jumped from growing the channel to "how can we get money out of these viewers?"

Side note - does anyone know why Anthony was banned here?

Roman and Adrian are definitely running a better business, and seem to know more. I prefer watching them, and love when they go into NYC to see that whole scene. Roman has been making vids for years, and while he's trying to grow the channel, it doesn't seem like he's immediately trying to extract money out of the viewers.

I'll keep watching both, since they're entertaining. But if I was buying grey, I'd buy from Luxury Bazaar and not TPG.

They asked for a 2 million raise before they even had a place to lease!! So they had no clue what they would even need to spend yet. Besides, on a recent episode Anthony mentioned that people were asking what if they don’t get the full amount? To which he responds “ we don’t need the funds as we can do it on our own if need be” basically saying “ we’d rather suck you guys then spend our own money” to which I say. A suckers born every minute. Whoever gave them 2K. It hurts. There are so many poor people that can use the 2K.
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 04:31 PM   #30
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Lol it’s not a $100mm company. Sales DNE EV
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote