The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 October 2018, 10:04 PM   #1
happy_jon
"TRF" Member

126710 BLRO Jubilee - Bracelet Size Word of Advice

Hi Guys

I searched the forum for bracelet sizing for the 126710 BLRO Jubilee but couldnt get a specific answer. I since got a 126710 and want to advise you guys and gals on the bracelet size.

Straight out of the factory with the extension and knotches fully out the bracelet just tightly on my wrist (7in 3/4). With an extra jubilee link it is much better but still not as comfortable as I would like. If the watch sits between my hand and wrist bone there is about a pinky finger gap - But you cant really put the watch over the wrist bone.

Rolex Service Centre staff advised me its not good to have the knotches in the biggest position AND the extension out as clearly if its a hot balmy day the watch would be even more tight. Service Centre recommended a further two links (so three in total), but I said four, However the lady also said that the Jubilee is not like the Oyster bracelet and if it's too loose its also not good as it places too much strain on the bracelet. So we compromised on three links (four extra links in total) and I asked them to bring the knotches back to the middle.

Links on backorder. We will see how it goes. So those with larger wrist sizes please be prepared to order more links.
happy_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 10:32 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Interesting, thanks for the information.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 10:59 PM   #3
Psijason
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamster 300 Green
Thanks for sharing!!
Psijason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 11:06 PM   #4
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I figured that would be the case for some with larger wrist sizes.
I have a 6 3/4" wrist and took 2 links out for the perfect fit.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 11:08 PM   #5
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
This is one of those times being a medium size guy helps :). Just like flying coach on a plane :)

But back on topic...i like to wear the watch tight with no play. :)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 11:13 PM   #6
Rolexwatch12
"TRF" Member

Honestly today i have learnt a lot, Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece of information
Rolexwatch12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 11:24 PM   #7
Rick_Nashville
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the info. I've, too, been wondering about the ease (or difficulty) of 'dialing in' an optimal fit with 126710 on larger wrist sizes. It would be cool if Rolex could engineer a glide-lock feature into the 126710 jubilee. Imho, this would solve about 95% of the fitment issues. As you observed, the easy-link, along with the 3 micro-adjustments, are often not enough bracelet extension for guys with +7.5" wrists.
Rick_Nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 11:27 PM   #8
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I believe they also make a small 1/2 link jubilee that helps fine tune the fit since the previous super jubilee with hidden clasp had no micro-adjustment.
Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Submariner 1680
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 11:36 PM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i think the bracelet is smaller than an oyster. I could have worn it with all the links in, i still took out 1 link. No way i can wear my GMT LN with all the links in. because the links are smaller though i would think its easier to get an optimal fit vs an oyster bracelet.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2018, 05:48 AM   #10
Rolexman17
"TRF" Member

Excellent detailed information on this subject and I have been wondering about this exact thing. Thank you! I appreciate the information provided.
Rolexman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2018, 10:55 AM   #11
happy_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt0279a View Post
I believe they also make a small 1/2 link jubilee that helps fine tune the fit since the previous super jubilee with hidden clasp had no micro-adjustment.
The service centre said the jubilee links are indeed smaller than oyster bracelet links because of the way the jubilee is structured.
Old 30 October 2018, 04:50 AM   #12
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

I’m guessing once the appropriate jubilee links removed/added the easy link extension and each micro adjustment would have similar “mm” adjustments as the oyster bracelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2018, 09:01 AM   #13
marcotagudelo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i think the bracelet is smaller than an oyster. I could have worn it with all the links in, i still took out 1 link. No way i can wear my GMT LN with all the links in. because the links are smaller though i would think its easier to get an optimal fit vs an oyster bracelet.
Agreed i didnt take links out on my jubilee blro
Always take a link out on oyster,even took one link of the dd40
marcotagudelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2018, 09:26 AM   #14
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
I hope to have this problem some day
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2018, 10:21 AM   #15
exador
Banned

Sounds like the watch is going to be uncomfortable during your stinking hot Aussie Summer. Happy to take it off your hands
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 01:41 AM   #16
Castlesinthesky
"TRF" Member

Watch: a few :)
First time for me that I've not had to remove any links, its definitely a smaller bracelet.
Castlesinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2018, 10:42 AM   #17
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I don’t like jubilee on any watch, but especially on supercase Pepsi ceramic. If I were lucky enough to get this beautiful watch, I would purchase and install a subC oyster bracelet with brushed center links.

I think that watch would be amazing!

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 12:01 AM   #18
happy_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Sounds like the watch is going to be uncomfortable during your stinking hot Aussie Summer. Happy to take it off your hands

I be hiding in the comfort of the malls hehe
Old 1 November 2018, 12:04 AM   #19
happy_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I don’t like jubilee on any watch, but especially on supercase Pepsi ceramic. If I were lucky enough to get this beautiful watch, I would purchase and install a subC oyster bracelet with brushed center links.

I think that watch would be amazing!

I am thinking about that very same change. I have got a Sub as well so thought hmm maybe I change it over and swap.
Old 1 November 2018, 03:02 AM   #20
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I had to take two links out of my BLNR for it to fit snugly, so I'm anticipating the same for the BLRO.
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 03:22 AM   #21
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
It's smaller than an oyster for sure. 7.5" wrist and have all links in with easy link out and micro in the middle.
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2018, 11:06 AM   #22
Gotwire
"TRF" Member

Just got my BLRO today! Straight to the safe. I ordered 4 links! Just went from one wait to another. Someday I will be able to wear it. The size of the Jubilee bracelet on this model is incredibly small. My oyster GMT’s (including RG GMT) fit without adding links.
Gotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2018, 12:02 PM   #23
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt0279a View Post
Good call! Until I learned about the "half link" I couldn't get my hidden clasp Jubilee to feel right either.

If anyone is having difficulty sizing a Jubilee, investigate the half link with your AD. Short of Glidelock, it should solve your problem rather inexpensively and elegantly.

Edit: Sorry if my post confused anyone. I was referring to the Datejust 36mm Super-Jubilee with hidden clasp. I'm not sure if the GMT sized Jubilee has an option for half link due to It's size.

Again, sorry for any misinformation on my part.

Best
Mark

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 11:22 AM   #24
shortsqueeze
2024 Pledge Member

With all the links that come with the watch used + 1 additional, what would be the proper configuration to have the clasp centered? I hope the answer is not it depends on your wrist or get a 2nd extra link!
shortsqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 11:52 AM   #25
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
I take one link out of a standard oyster, the jubilee is a perfect fit. I'm about 7 1/4 wrist size.
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2019, 12:26 PM   #26
houls61
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Sub Date
126710 BLRO Jubilee - Bracelet Size Word of Advice

I have been having a difficult time with the fit of mine as well, so much so that I debated flipping it. I have a 7.5” wrist and have no issues with my oyster bracelets. I went and saw my friend at my AD and he ordered me a 1-1/2 link that they’ll install when it arrives. This will finally solve my fitment issues. Otherwise the watch is glorious. It’s insanely accurate and quite the looker.

Tag Heuer Calibre 17 CAY2112 Chrono
houls61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2019, 11:23 PM   #27
TruthBalance
"TRF" Member

Good info, thanks for sharing
TruthBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 02:00 AM   #28
maxbelg
"TRF" Member

Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_jon View Post
Hi Guys

I searched the forum for bracelet sizing for the 126710 BLRO Jubilee but couldnt get a specific answer. I since got a 126710 and want to advise you guys and gals on the bracelet size.

Straight out of the factory with the extension and knotches fully out the bracelet just tightly on my wrist (7in 3/4). With an extra jubilee link it is much better but still not as comfortable as I would like. If the watch sits between my hand and wrist bone there is about a pinky finger gap - But you cant really put the watch over the wrist bone.

Rolex Service Centre staff advised me its not good to have the knotches in the biggest position AND the extension out as clearly if its a hot balmy day the watch would be even more tight. Service Centre recommended a further two links (so three in total), but I said four, However the lady also said that the Jubilee is not like the Oyster bracelet and if it's too loose its also not good as it places too much strain on the bracelet. So we compromised on three links (four extra links in total) and I asked them to bring the knotches back to the middle.

Links on backorder. We will see how it goes. So those with larger wrist sizes please be prepared to order more links.
I have an 8 in wrist and initially bought 3 extra links, I however use only 2 and the easy link is in the last position. This way it fits fine and relatively tight and then I can use the easy link if needed. This works well for me.
maxbelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 02:22 PM   #29
dcash0615
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es
I have just over a 7.5 inch wrist. My BLRO fit me perfectly right out of the coffin. No adjustment needed for me.

2FA security active
dcash0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 05:07 PM   #30
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

2 links out for me on 6.75 inch wrist for my BLRO
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote