The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 January 2019, 10:06 AM   #31
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Your AD would not have that information, Rolex doesn’t tell ADs anything before Basel
Exactly.

All fluff. This shit doesnt leak from Rolex HQ and they defintely dont tell the AD
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:14 AM   #32
Bshaf
"TRF" Member

I think your ad told you that because you’re still pretty far down their list and I doubt they are going to sell you one. But who knows! Good luck my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:15 AM   #33
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
Interesting ... I wonder how many more of these types of AD phone calls we're going to hear about as we get closer to Basel.
This will definitely be the only one...

Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:20 AM   #34
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg View Post
Wow, I wonder how much higher the new MSRP would be on a 126710BLNR. In that case, I'm glad I got in at the $8950MSRP. They way my watch rotation is, the 72hr power reserve wouldn't make any difference to me.
Increase, if at all, would be minor. My guess would be $9,150 USD, or $100 less than the SS BLRO. Look at a DJ 36 or 41 - difference in price between Oyster and Jubilee bracelet is $100 when you just isolate that variable in steel.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:21 AM   #35
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorsaire View Post
If you really want one it's probably better to buy it as soon as possible. Just look for the best price on a mint pre-owned. There are a couple under 11 grand out there.

If it really is discontinued they will not be sold for less than 13 used and even more new. The prices are already around there.

The thing is I started inquiring about it mid last year and I wanted it brand new from the AD. Card swiped with my ame on it and all. The model and colors have a meaning for me, not just night and day. Can i pay a couple more grand for it? Yes. Do i want to? No.

Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:43 AM   #36
Speed
"TRF" Member

Gmt ii blnr and ln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Your AD would not have that information, Rolex doesn’t tell ADs anything before Basel

True.

This reminds me of a friend who knows nothing about technology...

She once excitedly told me what the sales kid at the Apple store told her about a future release - as if Steve Jobs (RIP) himself told her

We all know Apple tells no one...
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 10:46 AM   #37
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
It wouldn't be all that surprising but who knows! Basel will be interesting as always.

I disagree that Basel is always interesting.

Some years it’s just a few more Date Just dial colors and a few more Cellinis.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 11:24 AM   #38
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Let's wait for the facts.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 03:33 AM   #39
grymg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Increase, if at all, would be minor. My guess would be $9,150 USD, or $100 less than the SS BLRO. Look at a DJ 36 or 41 - difference in price between Oyster and Jubilee bracelet is $100 when you just isolate that variable in steel.
Yes that makes sense. What could also happen is Rolex increases prices for their sports models across the board at the same time.

Aside from MSRP though, if the current BLNR production cuts off and they take their sweet time introducing the new model to AD's, this would create a shortage beyond even today's situation. So the grey price for both old and new will definitely shoot up because there's no BLNR at the AD's to buy for the next 6-12 months.
Old 19 January 2019, 04:17 AM   #40
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I was in my preferred AD last night where I got both my BLNR and BLRO. Asked my SA if he’d heard anything about the BLNR being discontinued. He replied that they’re still getting them including two in their regular shipment yesterday.
His speculation is as good as our’s is. He thinks it might get the new movement at Basel but will continue as a model.
ArtNouveau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 04:29 AM   #41
emtee
"TRF" Member

Whatever the new model is it’s not like I’ll be able to get one from my local AD now my sales guy has moved on
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 04:52 AM   #42
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Wait and the truth will reveal ... lol
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 07:04 AM   #43
Terrakot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex LVc/BLNR
some evidences in support..
istockphoto-874639574-612x612.jpg
Old 19 January 2019, 07:13 AM   #44
RJM25R
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust View Post
your ad would not have that information, rolex doesn’t tell anybody anything
ftfy.
RJM25R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 07:17 AM   #45
Kigan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blancpain AC01
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust View Post
your ad would not have that information, rolex doesn’t tell ads anything before basel
+1.
Old 19 January 2019, 07:25 AM   #46
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
ftfy.
Lol. Thanks!
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 07:29 AM   #47
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Big technical achievement in producing the first bi-colour ceramic bezel. Huge demand for the watch and waiting lists full despite being in production for a few years. It’s clearly a model that drives interest in the brand, if the number of new posters who enquire about the watch on here are any guide. Rolex will surely simply upgrade the movement in the BLNR and otherwise leave it alone. Surely? Or am I missing something?

My thoughts, exactly. I don’t have any in with Rolex but can’t imagine discontinuing a model that’s been on fire for 6 years now. I’m missing the same thing you are. I don’t get that reasoning, save that it seems to pop up every year during pre Basel speculation.

Old 19 January 2019, 07:31 AM   #48
Gotgolf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
I believe the LN and new Pepsi will be the only two stainless steel GMT available and the rest will be TT and PM with upgrade movements. I don’t see Rolex trying to make 3 stainless steel GMT because public demand for the BLNR. All the new Pepsi and LN flying off the shelf without an introduction as we speak. Rolex not gonna spend more time and money making 4-5 different bezel for one model. As far as business decisions it will dilute the brand when you make 4-5 bezels for the same watch, it just doesn’t make sense. As hot as the BLNR, Rolex sold every single Pepsi before they even hit the AD.
If it is true BLNR is discontinued, we won’t see it again for good. IMO.
Gotgolf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 07:37 AM   #49
envuks
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
This is one thing I highly doubt.

For such an essential part of the Rolex collection, I could never imagine a plain SS black GMT not being part of the current catalog at any given time. I haven't been following Rolex behavior anywhere as long as others on this site, but I have a hard time believing there are precedents for getting rid of a standard SS Sub or GMT in black from the current offering.

I agree with this. A black gmt has been in the Rolex product line for a VERY long time. I'd be shocked if one wasn't there.

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 07:39 AM   #50
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52 View Post
I believe the LN and new Pepsi will be the only two stainless steel GMT available and the rest will be TT and PM with upgrade movements. I don’t see Rolex trying to make 3 stainless steel GMT because public demand for the BLNR. All the new Pepsi and LN flying off the shelf without an introduction as we speak. Rolex not gonna spend more time and money making 4-5 different bezel for one model. As far as business decisions it will dilute the brand when you make 4-5 bezels for the same watch, it just doesn’t make sense. As hot as the BLNR, Rolex sold every single Pepsi before they even hit the AD.
I tend to agree with this. The BLNR is in a weird spot. It takes characteristics from both the LN (Oyster bracelet) and the BLRO (Bi-color ceramic bezel) and sort of mixes them together at an in-between price point.

It would make some sense for them to remove it and focus on the BLRO production, which is true to the original GMT.
Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 09:22 AM   #51
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrakot View Post
Attachment 1013848
best post i’e ever seen on trf!
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 09:44 AM   #52
Batmanwannabe
"TRF" Member

Many Chinese whispers here.

I think there’s no doubt both LN and BLNR will continue in some form.

My AD told me that they are not scheduled to receive any more of these references this year indicating no more production whereas previously they received 2 per month of the BLNR.

He added that when a movement is updated there is typically no break in deliveries and that the new movement merely replaces the old. A break in production might indicate a greater change in design.

There is likely to be ongoing production of these references but they are likely to be different to the current designs. Whether this is a subtle change to the case or to the bezel design is unknown at present.

That the movement will be updated is a no brainier.
Batmanwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 02:42 AM   #53
grymg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52 View Post
Agree as well. The sub line already has three bezel colors (black, blue, green). It would make sense for the GMT line to only carry black, root beer, and pepsi. Let Tudor be the brand with a million colored bezels.
Old 21 January 2019, 02:46 AM   #54
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Honestly that makes me curious. If they upgrade WG BLRO now, wouldn't it make blue dial WG BLRO extremely rare. Could it in the future become first extremely valuable WG Rolex?
georgekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 11:57 AM   #55
worrynot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanwannabe View Post
Been on waiting list with deposit for BLNR for 11 months.

Phone call from AD today to say he has transferred me to a new list for the “new” GMT reference to be announced at Basel in March.
Mine said the coke is coming is coming out next and confirmed same on the BLNR [O_o we'll see], I'm going to call him back now and tell him to put me on list for whatever new SS GMT is coming next
worrynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 10:02 PM   #56
Craig J
"TRF" Member

Just had the call from my AD to say that my BLNR has arrived after putting my name down in the summer. What should I do? Ask to wait for the updated version or snap his hand off? Seems there is still stock floating through even though it is to be discontinued or updated.
Craig J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 10:10 PM   #57
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrakot View Post
Attachment 1013848
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 10:11 PM   #58
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig J View Post
Just had the call from my AD to say that my BLNR has arrived after putting my name down in the summer. What should I do? Ask to wait for the updated version or snap his hand off? Seems there is still stock floating through even though it is to be discontinued or updated.
No-one can confidently predict what will happen. I will though be astonished if anything about the BLNR changes aside from the movement.

Then the question is, how much value is the extra power reserve worth to you? My personal feeling is, if it’s a daily wearer, it makes no difference; if it’s a special occasion piece, it makes no difference; if you wear it on weekdays only, then the extra day of PR will mean you don’t need to wind it on Monday morning - which is a pretty niche benefit.

Ergo, if it were me, I’d take it without hesitation. There is absolutely no guarantee you’ll get another call.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 10:13 PM   #59
Batmanwannabe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig J View Post
Snap his hand off! Preferably the one with the BLNR in it!
Batmanwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2019, 10:23 PM   #60
Craig J
"TRF" Member

I did think it might be seen as a stupid question in the current environment, but wanted to double check I hadn’t naively missed something that I would later regret. Extra power reserve is nice but not the end of the world as mentioned.
Craig J is offline   Reply With Quote