The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 October 2019, 08:58 AM   #61
impinth06
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon View Post
This is what I was told as well. The AD's in my area complain about the ALS stock whenever I visit them. The boutiques seems to have consolidated all of the "goodie" pieces (1815 Chrono, AC, BTQ exclusives, colored dials, LEs, etc) while the dealers seems to be only littered with Saxonias apart from the occasional exception here and there. This seems to fall in line with Richemont really trying to beef up the boutique network. (Ive also heard that ALS has dropped more accounts this year than any year previous due to excessive discounting).

The new SS will be boutique only for the foreseeable future. The people who bought from the boutique will have first refusal.
Vacheron, same as ALS whose under Richemont is also pulling away from AD this year. They are also auditing ADs for giving big discount.
impinth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2019, 09:02 AM   #62
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I commend the efforts to protect a brand but when you don't really have the marketing in place to drive the demand you are asking for a lot of pain come a poor economy.
Old 10 October 2019, 07:13 AM   #63
trfChris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
Tim Mosso from watchbox one week ago saying his source claims that the launch will be in October:

C6FDD63A-E9CF-4AB9-ADFB-A34988727875.jpeg
trfChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2019, 08:33 AM   #64
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I commend the efforts to protect a brand but when you don't really have the marketing in place to drive the demand you are asking for a lot of pain come a poor economy.
This ^^^

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 01:26 AM   #65
Gibraltar
"TRF" Member

I was also told by boutique staff that it would launch in October, and there's an event at the boutique in Hong Kong on October 17th. Seems to line up.
Gibraltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 01:39 AM   #66
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraltar View Post
I was also told by boutique staff that it would launch in October, and there's an event at the boutique in Hong Kong on October 17th. Seems to line up.
Not happening on the 17th.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 02:50 AM   #67
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Lange sports watch or no - man I want an 1815 Chrono.
Old 11 October 2019, 03:18 AM   #68
ReturningSon
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, Rolex, Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by trfChris View Post
Tim Mosso from watchbox one week ago saying his source claims that the launch will be in October:

Attachment 1076858
I wonder if he has seen an actual piece or not.

Im curious as to how the design will end up looking like. I just really cant imagine a SS from Lange of all brands. I understand the reasons why behind a product like this but I always thought Lange would go against the grain and be the only brand without a SS in their catalogue. Almost a point of pride kinda thing but alas, I know these companies are in the business...of well...business lol.
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2019, 09:46 AM   #69
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon View Post
I wonder if he has seen an actual piece or not.

Im curious as to how the design will end up looking like. I just really cant imagine a SS from Lange of all brands. I understand the reasons why behind a product like this but I always thought Lange would go against the grain and be the only brand without a SS in their catalogue. Almost a point of pride kinda thing but alas, I know these companies are in the business...of well...business lol.
I agree. It's a bit like Ferrari or Lamborghini selling out and making a SUV. Thank goodness that will never happen.... Crap.

Anyway, I hope Lange takes the high road and abstains from making something that isn't true to them.
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 08:38 PM   #70
PJ S
Banned

Six days to go, then we’ll know exactly what they’ve been working on for a couple of years or so…

PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 01:11 AM   #71
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Six days to go, then we’ll know exactly what they’ve been working on for a couple of years or so…

Nice hype piece. I like that gents videos.
Old 19 October 2019, 01:44 AM   #72
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
You are not a heavy hitter and you are spending that kind of money on watches? Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
I must be fortunate. I am not a heavy hitter by any means.

My first sports luxury watch is the 15400 blue from an AP boutique (with no purchase history at all) who even gave me a discount. That was 2016.

My first (and so far only) PP is the 5711 white that i also got from an AD (where i have purchase history) but no discount. Just SRP. That was 2017.

Ironically, where i had trouble was sourcing the VC i want to complete my sports horological trinity. Had to go grey to get the 4500V choco that i like. Good thing found one from a TS here in TRF. This was just this year 2019.

Am all set to have a Zeitwerk as my second ALS. Hopefully next year in 2020. But will now wait to see what this new sports ALS would look like.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 09:07 PM   #73
Reign
"TRF" Member

There are photos floating around of it that I’ve seen but sadly don’t have to share.

It’s classic Lange DNA that hugs the dress line a bit more for a sports watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2019, 09:54 PM   #74
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
There are photos floating around of it that I’ve seen but sadly don’t have to share.

It’s classic Lange DNA that hugs the dress line a bit more for a sports watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what it’s called?
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 02:33 AM   #75
David5807
"TRF" Member

Are we not getting photos until the 24th or are they already floating around the web?
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 06:17 AM   #76
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Where are these images?
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 05:52 PM   #77
Banks
"TRF" Member

There are a few mock ups floating around but I’m pretty sure there are no actual images of the watch in circulation yet.
Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 08:42 PM   #78
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
There are a few mock ups floating around but I’m pretty sure there are no actual images of the watch in circulation yet.
I think that we'll see it displayed on the 24th.

Anyone have thoughts on the price range of this thing?
Old 21 October 2019, 02:57 AM   #79
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post

I’d be surprised if it was not 20-25k.
Old 21 October 2019, 03:18 AM   #80
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post

I'd say a little under $30k.
They will likely position it as a Nautilus competitor.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 05:22 AM   #81
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

A. Lange & Söhne Sports Watch

Is this confirmed to be SS? If it is, think they need to price it in the low-mid 20s, not higher. The company is in trouble financially and they need to get their heads out of the clouds and start pricing their watches competitively to turn things around (amongst other things).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 05:55 AM   #82
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Is this confirmed to be SS? If it is, think they need to price it in the low-mid 20s, not higher. The company is in trouble financially and they need to get their heads out of the clouds and start pricing their watches competitively to turn things around (amongst other things).

Agree. It should be priced like the overseas. I doubt it will though.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 05:58 AM   #83
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Completely agree
Old 21 October 2019, 06:25 AM   #84
jtli202
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Lange is my favorite brand, and I agree $30K is priced to highly, regardless of their quality (which I think is better than Patek); they just don't do enough marketing, so their brand equity doesn't justify that price. It should really be priced in the $20-25k range to compete with the RO and Overseas.

That being said, please tell me where you heard the Company is in trouble financially. I know Lange doesn't release its financials, but Richemont as a whole did pretty well in F2019. I am under no delusion that Lange performs as well as Patek or AP, but I'm curious to learn where you heard that they were in trouble financially. Is this backed by any concrete evidence?
jtli202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 01:50 PM   #85
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtli202 View Post
Lange is my favorite brand, and I agree $30K is priced to highly, regardless of their quality (which I think is better than Patek); they just don't do enough marketing, so their brand equity doesn't justify that price. It should really be priced in the $20-25k range to compete with the RO and Overseas.

That being said, please tell me where you heard the Company is in trouble financially. I know Lange doesn't release its financials, but Richemont as a whole did pretty well in F2019. I am under no delusion that Lange performs as well as Patek or AP, but I'm curious to learn where you heard that they were in trouble financially. Is this backed by any concrete evidence?
I’ve seen no evidence but a few here have said they don’t believe Lange is in the black. Frankly I don’t see how they could be their watches sit forever in cases and they only make a few thousand a year anyways.
Old 21 October 2019, 02:12 PM   #86
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I’ve seen no evidence but a few here have said they don’t believe Lange is in the black. Frankly I don’t see how they could be their watches sit forever in cases and they only make a few thousand a year anyways.

Roughly 5,000 watches a year. And some of the best in the industry.
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 09:34 PM   #87
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtli202 View Post

There have been rumors on TRF that Lange itself (not Richemont) has not been profitable and I had the opportunity recently to confirm this personally with someone who was high up in the company. It was an interesting conversation as we both love Lange and think it’s ashame that they aren’t doing better than they are as a business.

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 09:50 PM   #88
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Recently had lunch (twice) with Wilhelm Schmid - I would suggest Lange has a very clear plan moving forward for it's pieces and distribution. I will say no more other than the move to a Boutique distribution model and no discounting is clear for all to see.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 10:12 PM   #89
Banks
"TRF" Member

The official Lange Instagram just uploaded a teaser on their Instagram stories. Looks to be a steel watch for sure anyways.
Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2019, 10:43 PM   #90
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Thanks for the piece of actual evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks View Post
The official Lange Instagram just uploaded a teaser on their Instagram stories. Looks to be a steel watch for sure anyways.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote