The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 August 2018, 07:54 AM   #61
DahMan
Banned

Disappointing
DahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 08:44 AM   #62
lenfried29
Banned

Watch: tick-tock
just checked - my looks not crooked. wonder if Rolex outsourced BLNR production in China
lenfried29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 12:51 PM   #63
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

The RSC can replace your crystal at no charge if the watch is under warranty.
xjeeunitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 01:06 PM   #64
Torque Time
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ 1601
Congrats and welcome to the forum. It is NOT aligned as it should be. Only you will notice...but if it drives you crazy, send it back to be corrected. You spent a lot of $ and it should be right! I could not live with it
Torque Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 01:30 PM   #65
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Looks crooked but could be one of those rare defects, maybe I'd just keep it just to brag about the defect on your Rolex.
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 01:56 PM   #66
AKH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Superlative View Post
What was the outcome of this? i'm curious, as I'm having the same issue with a DJ41.

So I sent it into RSC. The cyclops was fixed, but they somehow scratched up the top edge of the rehaut in the process of fixing it. (Think - scraping the wheel of your car along a curb)

Since it was a 2 week old watch, the AD ended up swapping out the head of the watch (kept the original bracelet) with a new one. Now the new watch has a crooked dial (misaligned with rehaut) and a piece of dust on the dial under the crystal. Recently, the seconds hand keeps moving when changing time in 3rd position (only happens a third of the time). But hey....probably the most accurate watch I own. Gains about 0.3 seconds a day.

Bottom line is I’ve learned my lesson. Don’t open up the watch unless you have to. I’ll send it in before my warranty expires and hope I have a better experience with RSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 05:13 PM   #67
Burlington
"TRF" Member

So your AD has given you a new watch ?? Did they switch everything except the bracelet ?

Does this no longer match your paperwork as it would presumably have a different serial number unless your papers were also changed too.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 05:56 PM   #68
Divie1
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS 1815 up & down
What the hell is Rolex playing at?

They are embarrassing themselves.
Divie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 06:24 PM   #69
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
It is possible that the entire crystal is slightly turned, possibly when the caseback is given a final tighten. Not uncommon to be honest. Not to be mistaken for all out drunken cyclops glueing!
Saddening to hear the OP is having a rough time with this..
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 06:33 PM   #70
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKH View Post
So I sent it into RSC. The cyclops was fixed, but they somehow scratched up the top edge of the rehaut in the process of fixing it. (Think - scraping the wheel of your car along a curb)

Since it was a 2 week old watch, the AD ended up swapping out the head of the watch (kept the original bracelet) with a new one. Now the new watch has a crooked dial (misaligned with rehaut) and a piece of dust on the dial under the crystal. Recently, the seconds hand keeps moving when changing time in 3rd position (only happens a third of the time). But hey....probably the most accurate watch I own. Gains about 0.3 seconds a day.

Bottom line is I’ve learned my lesson. Don’t open up the watch unless you have to. I’ll send it in before my warranty expires and hope I have a better experience with RSC.

Sorry to hear of your problems. That sounds very strange - why would the AD keep the bracelet from the new watch?

I'd be kicking off big time and (now) asking for a full replacement after the issues you've had.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 07:51 PM   #71
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:

Thank you for the update. It's such a shame you've had this experience, it sounds painful! You've certainly provided me for some food for thought, as to whether or not I choose to go down the same route with my DJ41. I'm speaking with the AD later today, will know more options then.
Mr. Superlative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 08:07 PM   #72
Timrolexnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Get it fixed it is not good
Timrolexnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2018, 11:39 PM   #73
AKH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems. That sounds very strange - why would the AD keep the bracelet from the new watch?

I'd be kicking off big time and (now) asking for a full replacement after the issues you've had.

I think AD could probably sell the new bracelet.

Old 21 August 2018, 11:40 PM   #74
AKH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
So your AD has given you a new watch ?? Did they switch everything except the bracelet ?

Does this no longer match your paperwork as it would presumably have a different serial number unless your papers were also changed too.

They redid the paper work. So new warranty card that matches the new serial.

Old 22 August 2018, 12:23 AM   #75
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Holy smokes. Wonder who's going to get your old watch.
TRF #139960
RichM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 01:31 AM   #76
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
Wow, what a disappointing experience. Nonetheless, try to enjoy your watch. Its a beautiful reference.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 01:37 AM   #77
AKH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mickol View Post
Holy smokes. Wonder who's going to get your old watch.

Thought about this too...

My guess is that if they were able to fix it up, they might’ve sold it to a grey who would then sell it as a used watch (hopefully with a discount from MSRP) to someone desperate for a BLNR. In today’s climate, I wouldn’t be surprised what people would put up with to get their hands on a hard to find watch. Someone will want it.

Old 22 August 2018, 01:55 AM   #78
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
I know they are mass produced but you spend that kind of money everything should be right. I would send it back.
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 05:30 AM   #79
T.Rex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060 "D"
Quote:

WOW! I sent my 20-year old automatic Seiko in for service recently for a lube/cleaning and now runs and looks like new (runs within 1-second a day!)....all for $80.00. For this to be happening to a multi-thousand dollar Rolex is bizare, to say the least.

I would demand a brand new watch after your fiasco....................
T.Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2018, 06:04 AM   #80
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Funny how I posted similar and a large amount of the responses where the loupe bandwagon defending them for being "assembled by hand" but at the same time "mass produced" as though that somehow justifies easily avoided manufacturer errors.

I think the amount of these topics recently shows this is not an uncommon issue. I viewed the selection of datejusts in an AD window recently and about 40% had crooked cyclops.

From what I have seen, experienced and read , there QC is slipping whether you like it or not and we shouldn't accept it in the name of some brand loyalty.
agentsmith350 is offline   Reply With Quote