The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 March 2024, 01:58 PM   #1
edo
"TRF" Member

AP RO Perpetual 41mm

As per watch journalist the current perpetual calendar calibre 5134 goes out with the John Mayer perpetual - There's also the fact that this is the swan song for one of the most important calibers in Audemars Piguet's history, the caliber 2120/2800. Specifically, this is the last time we'll see the Calibre 5134, the brand's extra-thin perpetual calendar movement that was introduced back in 2015 and is based off the same legendary 2120 architecture Audemars Piguet first delivered in 1967. - let see all the models that are delivered through this 9 years...

I will start with the material that was, in this 41mm version, first time seen on AP perpetual calendars, the beloved ceramic. Not limited by exact numbers but limited in production, all of them are still sought after and I believe that ceramic skeleton is by most people considered the best 41 and one of the best AP perpetuals ever.

The jewelry collection was seen on 4 models, two RG and two WG.

Steel version included two green\teal limited editions, the first white and the blue that is changed at some point and not well represented on these AP renders. The first version had a pretty even colorization on dial/subdials and the second one have a slightly different hue and is much better looking. some of the fellow members here have this watch and shared some splendid pictures in these subforums...

RG version had also two blue versions, the Latin America limited and as in the steel version the least popular white dial.

YG included a blue dial and the one that is still mystery for me with green subdials and the 8. The 8 usually represents the Orchard road Singapore boutique but I never saw the confirmation for that.

All titanium versions were limited edition.

There were also 3 platinum editions, all limited.

WG included 4 WG and one WG frosted edition.

And for the end let's see Piece Unique editions delivered.

1.One drop auction - The RG version that resemble the Latin America one.

2.Only watch black ceramic with blue dial and silver subdials... not greatly represented on this render as the subdials are radiant silver.

3.Ed Sh white ceramic.

4.Austen platinum skeleton. The one that I never understood. As we all know the platinum perpetual in 39mm is one of the most important perpetuals in AP RO history. To miss that opportunity in 41mm and delivered the only metal skeleton as piece unique to influencer turned retailer is something I can't understand no meter how special FHB special friends are...

5. Travis Scott ceramic with jewels.

6. FHB piece unique as his AP exit watch...

I probably missed some models, so be free to share them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unique austen.jpg (242.5 KB, 978 views)
File Type: jpg ts.jpg (103.9 KB, 969 views)
File Type: jpg unique ed.jpg (103.2 KB, 972 views)
File Type: jpg unique one drop.jpg (121.4 KB, 963 views)
File Type: jpg unique only watch.jpg (292.2 KB, 963 views)
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 02:40 PM   #2
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Thanks for taking your time and sharing this with us. My favorite is the red dial. I believe is Hong kong limited run
Old 10 March 2024, 03:02 PM   #3
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacoke View Post
Thanks for taking your time and sharing this with us. My favorite is the red dial. I believe is Hong kong limited run
Actually it is Thailand limited to 20 pieces... if we speak about true red not the burgundy one...
Old 10 March 2024, 03:05 PM   #4
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quite comprehensive - nothing sticks out as missing. Agree on the ceramic 41 openworked as the best one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 04:52 PM   #5
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Lovely job. Thank you for your time and service.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 06:08 PM   #6
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Great post, thanks for sharing.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 08:05 PM   #7
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Great write up. Love the AP QP but hate the 20m WR
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 09:39 PM   #8
Palex
"TRF" Member

AP RO Perpetual 41mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
As per watch journalist the current perpetual calendar calibre 5134 goes out with the John Mayer perpetual - There's also the fact that this is the swan song for one of the most important calibers in Audemars Piguet's history, the caliber 2120/2800. Specifically, this is the last time we'll see the Calibre 5134, the brand's extra-thin perpetual calendar movement that was introduced back in 2015 and is based off the same legendary 2120 architecture Audemars Piguet first delivered in 1967. - let see all the models that are delivered through this 9 years...

I will start with the material that was, in this 41mm version, first time seen on AP perpetual calendars, the beloved ceramic. Not limited by exact numbers but limited in production, all of them are still sought after and I believe that ceramic skeleton is by most people considered the best 41 and one of the best AP perpetuals ever.

The jewelry collection was seen on 4 models, two RG and two WG.

Steel version included two green\teal limited editions, the first white and the blue that is changed at some point and not well represented on these AP renders. The first version had a pretty even colorization on dial/subdials and the second one have a slightly different hue and is much better looking. some of the fellow members here have this watch and shared some splendid pictures in these subforums...

RG version had also two blue versions, the Latin America limited and as in the steel version the least popular white dial.

YG included a blue dial and the one that is still mystery for me with green subdials and the 8. The 8 usually represents the Orchard road Singapore boutique but I never saw the confirmation for that.

All titanium versions were limited edition.

There were also 3 platinum editions, all limited.

WG included 4 WG and one WG frosted edition.

And for the end let's see Piece Unique editions delivered.

1.One drop auction - The RG version that resemble the Latin America one.

2.Only watch black ceramic with blue dial and silver subdials... not greatly represented on this render as the subdials are radiant silver.

3.Ed Sh white ceramic.

4.Austen platinum skeleton. The one that I never understood. As we all know the platinum perpetual in 39mm is one of the most important perpetuals in AP RO history. To miss that opportunity in 41mm and delivered the only metal skeleton as piece unique to influencer turned retailer is something I can't understand no meter how special FHB special friends are...

5. Travis Scott ceramic with jewels.

6. FHB piece unique as his AP exit watch...

I probably missed some models, so be free to share them...

Thnks for sharing! As owner of a 26574 dialcolor 03 I couldn’t be happier. For me it’s the best itteration. Valuewise and esthetically.

Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 10:08 PM   #9
zinzanzigara
"TRF" Member

Completely agree with this, always thought they had a very strange relationship with him. I'd completely forgotten about this unique piece and having just checked he appears to have removed all traces of it from his IG.
zinzanzigara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 12:04 AM   #10
s14roller
"TRF" Member

One change - the blue dial Ti was not LE. It was released first for the US and then elsewhere but is not LE and numbered
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 12:52 AM   #11
Lkdub24
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the detailed write up. How hard is it to get a steel PC? These pieces are quite pricey.
Lkdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 01:25 AM   #12
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Quite comprehensive - nothing sticks out as missing. Agree on the ceramic 41 openworked as the best one
AP is whole galaxy away from others in the treatment of especially black ceramic. Most of the other brands black ceramic watches, with the inevitable lack of weight, look like a cheap plastic watch and AP ceramic looks like a real luxury item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
Lovely job. Thank you for your time and service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
Great post, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
Great write up. Love the AP QP but hate the 20m WR
Agree, at the end of the day it is a RO, a sport watch no matter the complication and it is a shame for a 20m WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palex View Post
Thnks for sharing! As owner of a 26574 dialcolor 03 I couldn’t be happier. For me it’s the best itteration. Valuewise and esthetically.
When I wrote about it and said about members who share great photos of this color variations your posts first came in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzanzigara View Post

Completely agree with this, always thought they had a very strange relationship with him. I'd completely forgotten about this unique piece and having just checked he appears to have removed all traces of it from his IG.
One of many FHB strange relationships unique models and LEs for Gims were pretty strange also... and yes, he got that watch after he designed or should I say change the week color hand of China LE... after some time the watch has disappeared from all of his IG and web channels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
One change - the blue dial Ti was not LE. It was released first for the US and then elsewhere but is not LE and numbered
You are right, that Ti was not a LE... I remembered the launch as a US edition so I thought they came with some kind of limited number like other regional editions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkdub24 View Post
Thanks for the detailed write up. How hard is it to get a steel PC? These pieces are quite pricey.
Very hard as a first\second\third piece... and if it is true that this JM is the last with this caliber we are probably on the last batch of production of steel ones also...
Old 11 March 2024, 05:50 AM   #13
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Amazing Post!!!! thank you so much!!!!
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 06:39 AM   #14
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an amazing combo!
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 06:40 AM   #15
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

Can never go wrong with this reference..
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 09:21 AM   #16
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Amazing Post!!!! thank you so much!!!!

Another take on 41mm vs 39mm models... as 42mm ROO from Rubberclad to first 44mm models was by miles most creative AP ROO period I find the long 39mm QP stretch most creative AP RO period.

With 39 mm QPs we had the best skeleton ever, who isn't in the same camp needs just to turn it and look it from the back, we have the bold two tones, we had the use of the tantalum as a two tone with gold and platinum, tuscan dials, mother of pearl dials, dials without tapiserrie, polished pt bezels...

41mm had the ceramic as new material, but others just until last two models with Travis and JM played it pretty safe...
Old 11 March 2024, 10:00 AM   #17
mikea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Quote:

Unreal! So beautiful
Old 11 March 2024, 04:46 PM   #18
Palex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea View Post
Unreal! So beautiful

Thnks!
Old 17 April 2024, 04:36 AM   #19
edo
"TRF" Member

I knew I missed some... a 15 piece Japan limited edition...

Old 17 April 2024, 09:46 AM   #20
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
A great write up Edo. Thank you.
Old 17 April 2024, 10:12 AM   #21
watchaser
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for sharing Edo. Nice to easily visualize all the perpetual calendars through out the years. Beautiful and amazing pieces.
watchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 05:16 AM   #22
edo
"TRF" Member

Another one... piece unique for Jay Z.

Old 24 April 2024, 09:57 AM   #23
conkers
"TRF" Member

Qatar version today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1790.jpeg (275.2 KB, 223 views)
Old 24 April 2024, 10:08 PM   #24
Palex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Qatar version today!
Love it!
Old 24 April 2024, 10:09 PM   #25
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Qatar version today!
A great one my friend. Love all burgundy AP watches.
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #26
conkers
"TRF" Member

It is a really nice shade; it is burgundy but definitely hints of purple as the lighting changes.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #27
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Qatar version today!
Exceptional and absolute perfection paired with the WG.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote