The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 October 2018, 09:06 AM   #1
REXMTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date - PAM673
New PAM :-)

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share my joy having just picked up this lovely piece over the weekend! Soooo stoked!! Had been looking at the 372 but couldn't resist when I saw this was available and now I can't stop staring at it!!! My first SE :-) Now I need to figure out how to update my signature
Thanks for looking and Cheers!

PAM 673
REXMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Very cool. !
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 10:57 AM   #3
nick c
Banned

Very nice! Welcome to Panerai , congratulations
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 11:15 AM   #4
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

Congrats! 673 is a great sleeper!

Sent from Beef’s iPad using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 11:23 AM   #5
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Great choice.
Old 3 October 2018, 01:27 PM   #6
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Great start! Enjoy this beauty!
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 03:11 PM   #7
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Nice score! Looks great on you. Enjoy! :-)
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 03:52 PM   #8
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Congratulations! Looks great on your wrist!
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 03:54 PM   #9
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Great piece.
Old 3 October 2018, 04:16 PM   #10
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Nice, Enjoy!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 04:52 PM   #11
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Congrats on an awesome watch!
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 09:35 PM   #12
Mike_M
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Congrats, I’m new to Panerai too and enjoying all the interesting iterations. Fine looking PAM it is.
Mike_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 09:37 PM   #13
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Awesome, congratulations and enjoy it!
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2018, 11:37 PM   #14
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Great PAM reference you have there! Now which straps have you ordered to go with it?!
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 12:55 PM   #15
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
congrats & enjoy

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 01:53 PM   #16
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
cool watch. congratulations
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2018, 04:12 PM   #17
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is shared and understood. I have had my 673 for about a month, and it has become my most treasured piece. As you know, it is the small details which set it apart. I recently took it away on a trip for 10 days, and it was the only watch I had with me. I truly bonded with it during that time.

The "Special" in this Special Edition really rings true with me. I hope you continue to enjoy it this much. Welcome to Panerai. It is great to see another enthusiast.

I have not yet decided on another strap. In the meantime I thoroughly enjoy the excellent Ponte Vecchio that comes with the 673. Part of me wants to get another strap, or perhaps a few. On the other hand, it will be nice to see the Ponte Vecchio gain some patina as it ages.

Cheers
Carl
Old 4 October 2018, 10:15 PM   #18
REXMTL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opawlows View Post
Great PAM reference you have there! Now which straps have you ordered to go with it?!
I actually had a decent collection of straps but seeing as this is my 1st 47 , they're not usable! Looking now at the ASSOLUTAMENTE for starters :-) They're all nice, Dark brown, black and brown/beige. Saw them at the Palm Beach boutique and they're lovely! I'm a huge fan of OEM straps !!
PAM 673
Old 4 October 2018, 10:31 PM   #19
REXMTL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is shared and understood. I have had my 673 for about a month, and it has become my most treasured piece. As you know, it is the small details which set it apart. I recently took it away on a trip for 10 days, and it was the only watch I had with me. I truly bonded with it during that time.

The "Special" in this Special Edition really rings true with me. I hope you continue to enjoy it this much. Welcome to Panerai. It is great to see another enthusiast.

I have not yet decided on another strap. In the meantime I thoroughly enjoy the excellent Ponte Vecchio that comes with the 673. Part of me wants to get another strap, or perhaps a few. On the other hand, it will be nice to see the Ponte Vecchio gain some patina as it ages.

Cheers
Carl
Hey Carl, thanks so much! I couldn't agree more about the special nature of this piece. It's the 4th Panerai I've had but 1st SE and I'm so thrilled that I've been able to get it. It's a keeper!

The strap is gorgeous and yes, it should patina REALLY nicely over time. looking at the ASSOLUTAMENTE straps now actually - I saw a few of them while visiting the Palm Beach boutique and they just work with this piece (and the 372/422) .. I have nothing against aftermarket but there's nothing quite like the OEM straps IMHO - glad that Panerai is focusing more in that area and Pontroué seems to want to continue to do so
PAM 673
Old 5 October 2018, 01:05 AM   #20
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXMTL View Post
Hey Carl, thanks so much! I couldn't agree more about the special nature of this piece. It's the 4th Panerai I've had but 1st SE and I'm so thrilled that I've been able to get it. It's a keeper!

The strap is gorgeous and yes, it should patina REALLY nicely over time. looking at the ASSOLUTAMENTE straps now actually - I saw a few of them while visiting the Palm Beach boutique and they just work with this piece (and the 372/422) .. I have nothing against aftermarket but there's nothing quite like the OEM straps IMHO - glad that Panerai is focusing more in that area and Pontroué seems to want to continue to do so
For reasons unknown, I have almost always been an OEM strap guy. I always admire the bespoke straps on other guys watches, and search all the websites, but usually come back to OEM. I am a sucker for small OEM details, like the logo on the Ponte Vecchio. I alternate the straps on my other Panerai watches, but I have pretty much made up my mind to leave the Ponte Vecchio on the 673, and see how it ages over time. It has already started to get that worn look, which I love:

Sorry, I don't intend to hijack your thread, but thought this pic illustrates well how the PV strap is wearing in a few short weeks. I ended up gluing the loose keeper under the strap, as it kept sliding around, now it fits perfectly.

When I was first interested in Panerai, I thought the Radiomir would be my favorite. I don't know how this 673 Luminor took that spot, and it is the biggest watch I have ever owned. I wore another watch yesterday, but this one is back on my wrist today.

Looking forward to seeing what other OEM you might choose. I am fortunate to have a Boutique here in Vancouver. The manager there is great, and she keeps a great stock of straps, as well as getting her hands on a lot of SE models. The Boutique has only been opened a year, but it is incredibly successful. It is now the only source for Panerai in the area. No ADs any more.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 5 October 2018, 05:26 AM   #21
REXMTL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
For reasons unknown, I have almost always been an OEM strap guy. I always admire the bespoke straps on other guys watches, and search all the websites, but usually come back to OEM. I am a sucker for small OEM details, like the logo on the Ponte Vecchio. I alternate the straps on my other Panerai watches, but I have pretty much made up my mind to leave the Ponte Vecchio on the 673, and see how it ages over time. It has already started to get that worn look, which I love:

Sorry, I don't intend to hijack your thread, but thought this pic illustrates well how the PV strap is wearing in a few short weeks. I ended up gluing the loose keeper under the strap, as it kept sliding around, now it fits perfectly.

When I was first interested in Panerai, I thought the Radiomir would be my favorite. I don't know how this 673 Luminor took that spot, and it is the biggest watch I have ever owned. I wore another watch yesterday, but this one is back on my wrist today.

Looking forward to seeing what other OEM you might choose. I am fortunate to have a Boutique here in Vancouver. The manager there is great, and she keeps a great stock of straps, as well as getting her hands on a lot of SE models. The Boutique has only been opened a year, but it is incredibly successful. It is now the only source for Panerai in the area. No ADs any more.

Cheers,
Carl
Nice pic and interesting to see the PV after some use! I have to confess I still baby mine but it's only been 6 days LOL
Agree with everything regarding OEM - I just like everything about them (and how they taper down to 22 at the buckle)
You're fortunate to have the Boutique there- I really enjoyed my Palm beach boutique visit. The manager was really cool and he took all the time in the world to chat as he pulled one strap out after another for me to see! Of course that could be very dangerous too $$$
I'll be sure to post when I get something new !!
Paul
PAM 673
Old 5 October 2018, 06:26 AM   #22
aperna
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Well done congrats!
aperna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 09:32 AM   #23
Jsmdv
Banned