The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 11 February 2017, 02:10 AM   #61
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
I like this approach assuming they aren't greedy little f**kers. Because I really hate it when I buy a watch and someone else gets a significantly better deal.

That's why I always end up bargain hunting since I trade out of my stuff often. It's just a waste of money if I don't.

In an ideal world I'd like majority of AP/Patek watches to be like the nautilus or the SS daytona. Essentially you may get 1-5% discount if any at all, and when you go to resell you maybe lose another 5% on top. Keep supply low, demand high, price reasonable and you'll sell the watches forever. And there isn't a single person on this planet who will not become more attracted to the brand because they know value is always in it.
couldn't agree with you more! we are on the same page!
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2017, 02:17 AM   #62
racer24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalen302 View Post
I'm trying to generate some excitement in Loudoun County Too conservative here
couple of my friends moved to Loudoun and I stopped visiting them. can't afford the toll on 267 plus all the reckless driving charges. LOL
Old 22 February 2017, 12:51 AM   #63
racer24
Banned

it's official. AP took Lenkersdorfer off their AD list. look at the gap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ap_location.jpg (93.6 KB, 172 views)
Old 22 February 2017, 02:26 AM   #64
psv
"TRF" Member

Yepp, I wonder what next for the area? How long will Lenkerdorfer get to keep their Omega AD-ship with the boutique right next door?

So now there is no Audemars Piguet, no Blancpain, no Vacheron Constantin (unless you hike up to Radcliffe north of Baltimore) etc. 6.1M people in the greater DC area - and no great brands. And no good vintage watch dealer either.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2017, 06:37 AM   #65
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Yepp, I wonder what next for the area? How long will Lenkerdorfer get to keep their Omega AD-ship with the boutique right next door?

So now there is no Audemars Piguet, no Blancpain, no Vacheron Constantin (unless you hike up to Radcliffe north of Baltimore) etc. 6.1M people in the greater DC area - and no great brands. And no good vintage watch dealer either.
It's ok. They all buy rolex and maybe patek anyways. Actually I barely have seen a patek in the wild. Mostly just rolex. Seen a few AP and hublots. Though maybe I should hang around in the west end or georgetown more
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2017, 07:08 AM   #66
psv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's ok. They all buy rolex and maybe patek anyways. Actually I barely have seen a patek in the wild. Mostly just rolex. Seen a few AP and hublots. Though maybe I should hang around in the west end or georgetown more
Ha! I think I've seen one AP Diver at Cafe Milano once :-) TONS of Rolex in this town, occasional IWC or Panerai, plenty of Cartier on the ladies.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2017, 10:37 AM   #67
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Ha! I think I've seen one AP Diver at Cafe Milano once :-) TONS of Rolex in this town, occasional IWC or Panerai, plenty of Cartier on the ladies.
I just saw a 15400ST black face at equinox in bethesda. I can't believe this guy was working out with that watch. Eventually it got in the way and he wised up and took it off.

Though I don't want to be mean but he fit the stereotype to the letter for someone who wears an expensive watch to show off to the crowd.

I had to admit though the way it glistened it the light did catch my eye immediately :). Will be a nice addition to the 44mm RG already on the way. I just can't bring myself to get the chrono with no display caseback or in-house movement. I honestly wouldn't even care about the in-house movement as long as it had a display caseback.
Old 22 February 2017, 10:38 AM   #68
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
The ladies in tysons are all cartier and rolex.
Old 25 February 2017, 03:43 AM   #69
phalen302
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
I just saw a 15400ST black face at equinox in bethesda. I can't believe this guy was working out with that watch. Eventually it got in the way and he wised up and took it off.

I wear a Gold Sub to gym, steam room, sauna, hot tub etc. Watches are meant to be used and abused, don't hold back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (84.7 KB, 92 views)
phalen302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 04:04 AM   #70
martinr
"TRF" Member

Was in Vegas for a couple days, the shop Venetzia which was an AP AD is no longer carrying AP.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 04:37 AM   #71
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I am stating the obvious that the manufacturers would prefer boutiques that charge full fare. Mom and Pops going , going , gone in watches, hardware, stationery, drug stores, then internet will wipe up the consolidators and our cars will drive themselves to pick up points to get stuff.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 05:16 AM   #72
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Was in Vegas for a couple days, the shop Venetzia which was an AP AD is no longer carrying AP.
Interesting. I was there around neew years and they were openly offering up discounts. I was looking at 15400s and she was quoting me a pretty discounted price, not the sticker like id expect.
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 05:56 AM   #73
martinr
"TRF" Member

Now it's boutique only and that Vegas boutique is very unwelcoming in my opinion.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 07:16 AM   #74
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now it's boutique only and that Vegas boutique is very unwelcoming in my opinion.
Ahhh, Westime
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 10:58 AM   #75
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I more or less agree. I've had mixed experiences. One time, they'll offer ltd edition tourbillons to try on with a whiskey and the next you have to ask to try on an offshore 44. It really depends who's working I've found. Not exactly a good thing as I'd rather see consistency.
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2017, 02:08 PM   #76
Left wrist
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP PATEK PAM ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
I would say in today's market consumers (or at least educated consumers like all of us on TRF) hope to get discounts on almost all brands so comparing AP to Breitling doesn't make much sense to me. We know that some brands and models within certain brands go for list (or close to list) but we still strive to get the best deals out there regardless of on a Breitling, AP or Patek.
+1
Left wrist is offline   Reply With Quote