The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 February 2017, 01:28 PM   #61
desertyank
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out!
I use this one. It'll wind two if ya put one on each wrist...

now if I can figure out how to flip the pic............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1160.jpg (93.3 KB, 156 views)

2019 WIS CON survivor
desertyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2017, 01:46 PM   #62
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Wolf Viceroy 2.7 triple winder with storage on top. I am. It as concerned about setting watches as I am about having a place to put my extras and some other watch related goodies.

Think I may have figured out another solution so will be selling the Wolf. Will get it in the FS section soon.

Look online and you will eventually find a deal. Think the triple runs around $1200 MSRP??? But you can do much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2017, 02:06 PM   #63
Seaotter
"TRF" Member

swisskubik & Safe Master by Buben & Zorweg
Seaotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2017, 03:28 PM   #64
eterna
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4Me View Post
I recently purchased my Rolex DJ (used from a Rolex dealer) and was told that a winder would not fully wind the watch only maintain it's current power. I would need to wind the watch manually for it to be fully wound. Is this true?
Its true. Winders are designed to wind the watch to its minimum require TPD just to keep it running. You dun want to be winding your watch to full wind when its on a winder. Your hand will take care of that when the watch is on your wrist.
eterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 05:01 AM   #65
DJRikki
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Look lets gets things straight a automatic watch is just a manual wind watch with a auto mechanism fitted nothing more.Myself been manually winding my watches when they needed it for the past 30 odd years without any harm whatsoever.Machine winders IMHO a waste of money but if you did have a watch with many complications which no Rolex watch has, then with watches like that they could be purely a convenience.Today at normal service time things like crowns and crown tubes are mostly replaced as part of service.And there must be millions of manual wind watches with screw down crowns Rolex included they got wound up daily for decades.
Always love reading your posts!

Quick related Q... Say my GMT II c - if I wear it one day on one day off, how much reserve will I build up, does a normal 8 hour day build enough for 2 days etc?
DJRikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 08:17 AM   #66
lland
"TRF" Member

I've used winders for years. Started with cheap ones off "the Bay" but they didn't last long. Would eventually get noisy and then just give up. Then I moved to Brookstone winders. Have two four watch winders that have been working perfectly for years. Occasionally a belt would break but I'd just replace them with an O-ring of the same size and they'd work fine again...until a couple of weeks. Had one head stop due to a broken belt, opened it up and replaced it with an O-ring, put it back together and...dead. All four heads. They're getting power, I tried each head independently and none worked. Can't figure it out. Anyway, now I have one working Brookstone 4 watch winder, one 3 watch Wolf, one one watch Obita Sparta open (battery), one one watch orbita Sparta Deluxe (plug-in), one Orbita Voyager (portable "travel" winder). and two one watch Orbita Tourbillions. So what's my point? Not too sure, I guess I collect winders as well as watches and it's not that I even care if I have to reset my watches (other than my Ball Moonphase), I just like watching them spin. Anyway, my advice...Wolf or Orbita. No issues with any of those. If you shop around, you can find deals on Wolf and if you don't mind a small blemish, Orbita has their outlet store on the Orbita.com site. If you don't want to spend a lot, I'd still recommend a Brookstone. You can always find a coupon, they are very adjustable, and until recently, reliable. Not sure if this helps or not...

LL
lland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 08:47 AM   #67
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
I prefer my wrist but have always used Wolf Designs.
Old 21 February 2017, 08:52 AM   #68
TitanCi
"TRF" Member

Wolf Winders
TitanCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 10:09 AM   #69
slowturbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 42mm Polar Exp II
I have a wolf heritage winder
IWC 3777-01
JLC Reverso Grand Taille
slowturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 11:22 AM   #70
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
A much debated topic here on dear old TRF. I used to use a winder, but have switched over to the manual wind camp.

The deciding factor for me was the realization that the money you potentially put into a nice winder would be better going toward a new watch.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 11:36 AM   #71
kennethcooke
"TRF" Member

watch winders

Personally, I'm not convinced. Men in general have it in their makeup a natural way to keep an Oyster Perpetual wound, that should not need further explanation?

Regarding the fairer sex, I decided to give our Daughter, who is in her mid 30's and a Mother my beautiful JLC Reverso Duo Time. The Duo Time is hand wound with a power reserve of 45 hrs. I taught her how to wind the watch daily as part of a morning discipline and she loves the whole interaction with the watch and loves to wear it and is proud that it belonged to her Dad, and I would have passed it on to her when I died. This way, I get pleasure from seeing her enjoy it. I, on the other hand have a 2016 114060 Sub No Date which I bought las Aug and if I don't wear it for a couple of days it's no big deal, after all automatic watches stand idle in AD windows but if you feel you cannot live without one and money is burning a hole, then don't let me stop you?
kennethcooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2017, 12:27 PM   #72
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
I bought a Wolf Meriden 2.7 3 watch winder. These days, I hardly use it. I bought a 6 watch case and that's where they sit when I don't wear them.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote