The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22 February 2017, 05:45 AM   #1
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Airport RestRoom Rant...

Is it me or are airport men's room disgusting and vile? I'm not a sissy. I've got a 14 year old. I changed diapers, cleaned up vomit. I hunt and fish. I'm not easily grossed out if you will. Had dogs all my life and cleaned up after them. I had a lay over in Atlanta today. Went into the men's room. Besides having to wait my turn so I could do my business in a row of others doing the same like a farm animal at a trough, I also had the distinct pleasure of doing it while standing in a puddle of urine. Is this the best we can do?!? And of course no paper towels to dry my hands of on! Sorry for the rant but come on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 22 February 2017, 05:47 AM   #2
DrWapenshaw
"TRF" Member

I am no fan of the ATL airport, but their restrooms actually usually are not that bad.
Old 22 February 2017, 05:52 AM   #3
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
Is it me or are airport men's room disgusting and vile? I'm not a sissy. I've got a 14 year old. I changed diapers, cleaned up vomit. I hunt and fish. I'm not easily grossed out if you will. Had dogs all my life and cleaned up after them. I had a lay over in Atlanta today. Went into the men's room. Besides having to wait my turn so I could do my business in a row of others doing the same like a farm animal at a trough, I also had the distinct pleasure of doing it while standing in a puddle of urine. Is this the best we can do?!? And of course no paper towels to dry my hands of on! Sorry for the rant but come on!

Fly private and don't piss on your hands...
Old 22 February 2017, 05:53 AM   #4
psv
"TRF" Member

I have traveled a lot over the world and it is not much better anywhere. Mensroom are disgusting pretty much all over the world. I cannot figure out why people behave that way.
Old 22 February 2017, 05:56 AM   #5
swils8610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Fly private and don't piss on your hands...

Well said!

Old 22 February 2017, 05:57 AM   #6
swils8610

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I have traveled a lot over the world and it is not much better anywhere. Mensroom are disgusting pretty much all over the world. I cannot figure out why people behave that way.

I must agree! It repulsive. I can only assume the women's room is not as disgusting.

Old 22 February 2017, 05:58 AM   #7
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Public restrooms in general are pretty bad.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:04 AM   #8
FiftyTwoEighty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me live @the Beach
Generally, I have to agree that US Domestic are nasty. The Centurion Lounges seem to buck the trend. Delta Crown rooms scare the daylights out of me.

International...Singapore Changi restrooms are spotless.

Some 4 digits, 5 digits, and 6 digits

2FA
Old 22 February 2017, 06:06 AM   #9
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Atlanta may be a key word here, I'm not very fond of that airport. I find that Tampa's restrooms are usually pretty clean.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:07 AM   #10
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
this is the urinal design. live with it or piss in the crapper.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:08 AM   #11
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Had a layover in Atlanta yesterday and will again tomorrow. I went to the sky lounge (d9) and they only had one bathroom total, for everyone. It was a joke.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:17 AM   #12
swils8610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
this is the urinal design. live with it or piss in the crapper.

Avoid the crapper at all costs! The sounds and stench that come from that area of the restroom are worse.

Old 22 February 2017, 06:22 AM   #13
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Avoid the crapper at all costs! The sounds and stench that come from that area of the restroom are worse.

you got me ing. OP must understand that pee is sterile.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:23 AM   #14
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

I usually don't have an issue with taking a piss in public, but I'll avoid the stalls at all costs. Even at the office, I try to avoid the stalls.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:26 AM   #15
Etschell
"TRF" Member

lot of crapper phobia on these forums. i agree at the airport but at your office?

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:26 AM   #16
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Two things get me with any public John J.
1. The piss on he floor by the urinal. Really?? I mean how lazy or fat have we become that we can't even aim it to hit the big receptacle on the wall.

And

2. Bathrooms that have a door that opens in and only air dryers to dry your hands. I literally time my exit to let some other poor sap touch the door handle so I can sneak out behind them or use my foot to hold the door open. If a business wants to put in a door that opens in they should be legally required to put in a paper towel dispenser so I have something to grab that nasty metal handle with.

Other than that I really give a hoot less. Not generally a germ o phobe. Wish they were cleaner and smelled better but it is one of the hazards of travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 February 2017, 06:28 AM   #17
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
I usually don't have an issue with taking a piss in public, but I'll avoid the stalls at all costs. Even at the office, I try to avoid the stalls.
The times they are a changin'. Whether disgustingly messy or not, with the new transgender restroom rules, we will also be urinating amongst countless 'Polythene Pams' (and others who seemingly don't belong in the same restroom facility).
Old 22 February 2017, 06:29 AM   #18
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
Two things get me with any public John J.
1. The piss on he floor by the urinal. Really?? I mean how lazy or fat have we become that we can't even aim it to hit the big receptacle on the wall.

And

2. Bathrooms that have a door that opens in and only air dryers to dry your hands. I literally time my exit to let some other poor sap touch the door handle so I can sneak out behind them or use my foot to hold the door open. If a business wants to put in a door that opens in they should be legally required to put in a paper towel dispenser so I have something to grab that nasty metal handle with.

Other than that I really give a hoot less. Not generally a germ o phobe. Wish they were cleaner and smelled better but it is one of the hazards of travel.

1. splashback is a problem.
2. agreed. i always grab the handle with a paper towel. if none exist i grab the highest part of the handle not the middle.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:31 AM   #19
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:

no doubt
Old 22 February 2017, 06:34 AM   #20
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
lot of crapper phobia on these forums. i agree at the airport but at your office?
You would expect that because somebody had an office job, they are more likely to be clean, but that isn't always the case. Somebody at my office will take the toilet paper and ass gaskets, bunch them together and throw them next to the toilet. Don't ask me why.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:35 AM   #21
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Do not want to come off as a germ phobe, but flying in general is pretty disgusting--unless you have the resources to fly private.

The restrooms are one thing and generally not very sanitary, but when was the last time you saw them clean and sanitize the interior of an airplane?
Old 22 February 2017, 06:36 AM   #22
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
Do not want to come off as a germ phobe, but flying in general is pretty disgusting--unless you have the resources to fly private.

The restrooms are one thing and generally not very sanitary, but when was the last time you saw them clean and sanitize the interior of an airplane?
so you are saying eating peanuts off the seat is a no no?

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:36 AM   #23
TG3N
"TRF" Member

People are disgusting.

Last year, I was very early for a UK flight, so decided to enjoy (quite) a few airport beers, hence I bumped into the male cleaner of the toilets a couple of times thereafter.

On my second-last visit, I proceeded into the end cubicle, only to be horrified at the sight of a pile of excrement in the corner, on the floor. To be clear, the toilet worked fine, and was clean, and this was so deliberately 'laid' so as to be in no way a near miss - it was a deliberate, disgusting and completely inexplicable decision on the part of the perpetrator.

I shook my head in disgust at my fellow man and left quickly. Upon returning to the toilets a half hour later, I came across the poor male toilet cleaner at the scene of the crime, shaking his head sadly, and taking a mobile phone photo of the deposit, no doubt to show his bosses the kind of horrible hassle he had to deal with every day in his low-paid job.

I told him I thought it was disgusting, and gave him a £5 note (about $7.50 back then), and he asked me why - I explained that it was a disgrace that he had to deal with that behaviour, but that hopefully that £5 would perhaps help 'balance out' that bad karma in a very small way, restore a little faith in fellow man, and that he should buy himself a few beers after work with the cash.

Of course, I did think afterwards that he might have possibly concluded that I was the mystery dirty protester, and was trying to make up for it in my guilt (to be very clear, I wasn't, in either regard!)...
Old 22 February 2017, 06:38 AM   #24
BristolCavendish
Banned

After using the men's room (and washing my hands) I always grab a paper towel to open the door as there are many who don't journey to the sink following their personal 'business'.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:39 AM   #25
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I must agree! It repulsive. I can only assume the women's room is not as disgusting.

Don't be so sure. My wife tends to tell it like it is, and it is positively NOT much better in the women's airport restrooms. It seems that both genders can miss the target!
Old 22 February 2017, 06:40 AM   #26
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
After using the men's room (and washing my hands) I always grab a paper towel to open the door as there are many who don't journey to the sink following their personal 'business'.
Me too, but in society's move to eliminate paper some do not have paper towels anymore...I read an article about some of the hand dryers and to summarize, the forced air basically blows the germs all over the place...
Old 22 February 2017, 06:42 AM   #27
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
I try not to take notes on what others do in the restroom. As long as I'm clean, it's all good with me...
Old 22 February 2017, 06:42 AM   #28
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

I almost wrote the same thing in my Verizon thread the other day. Stay away from Fort Lauderdale Terminal 3 concourse E gates American Airlines . It was so gross and only 1 men's room for like 8 full gate areas. So bad I might start using Miami instead lol

No internet and just plain nasty the whole terminal area

This maybe wrong I don't know but I always try to use the family restroom at all cost at airports.

Nothing wrong with that right ?
Old 22 February 2017, 06:46 AM   #29
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post

I almost wrote the same thing in my Verizon thread the other day. Stay away from Fort Lauderdale Terminal 3 concourse E gates American Airlines . It was so gross and only 1 men's room for like 8 full gate areas. So bad I might start using Miami instead lol

No internet and just plain nasty the whole terminal area
good thing you missed the shooter. American has a monopoly on the Caribbean and south american destinations.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 February 2017, 06:47 AM   #30
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Public restrooms, what a crappy thread!

Pet peeve, why do guys pee all over the toilet seat instead of lifting it first? Really disgusting.

I almost never leave a restroom by touching the door handle.

Closed Thread