The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 April 2018, 12:18 AM   #1
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Question about various Royal Oaks......

Bear with me as I'm relatively new to the world of AP. I've been doing some research as of late and talked to one of the AD's from whom I bought my Panerai and Breitling from, and have learned about the extent to which AP is limiting production and distribution. Rolex and PP are starting to do the same, all of which will likely reinforce the already good values of the Rolex SS professional series (prices of second hand hulks have gone up in the last year), the Nautilus line, and of course Royal Oaks.

I'm debating between a Royal Oak, Royal Oak offshore (less so), and the PP Nautilus 5726-- which I'm next in line from my AD when she gets another one at retail price. I know the 5711 and 5712 are out as they've got waitlists of 5 years (especially the 5711).

My AD--like many other AD's -- lost their contract with AP, as AP continues to pull back production and distribution to AD's nationwide.

I'm going to check out one of the boutiques in June and see what they have there, but I've read on here how difficult it is to get the 15202. The 15400 seems much more attainable by comparison (I definitely want the blue dial).
It's clear the 202 will hold its value really well in coming years.........anyone have any speculation regarding the 15400 and its value proposition moving forward? I would imagine-- given the above decisions by AP-- that they will hold value quite well.
I'm not looking at this as an investment. i want to get what i really like, but given that I'm going up in price point to another level, I don't want to lose too much value on either the PP or the AP if I can help it.
Among the Nautilus line, I love the 5726 with the black leather strap, but it's also more than twice the cost of an AP 15400.

Also, any thoughts on the 26331 blue dial chrono? Ive seen some AD's with this watch in stock. Not sure how I feel about this watch as AP chrono's look impressive, but my plan was to get an IWC Portuguese chrono separately and get an AP or PP with a more simple dial.
The 26331 seems to be popular, given that I don't really discounts on it among Grey market dealers.

Finally, is the 15450 considered more of a women's watch? I have sub 7" wrists and this might be a reasonable option, but is it tougher or easier to get than the 15400 and how has it held value?

Finally, any advice on any of the Royal Oak Offshore models? I think I would rather stick to a SS bracelet than venture into a diver model with a rubber strap, but am open to suggestions. I initially really liked the 15710, but it really doesn't accomplish the look of what I'm going for (a thinner, versatile sports watch on the highly acclaimed AP bracelet).
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote