The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 April 2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Romain Gauthier’s Insight Micro–Rotor

Saw an interesting article on Watch Time on a small watchmaker I hadn’t heard of before - Romain Gauthier. In 2011, he introduced a new model made from Titanium. Nothing earth shattering in the mainstream watch world, but for a boutique guy who’s know for precious metal pieces, it was a shock to his base. He just released a new model in both Ti and black Ti with 10 pieces per variant (50 total).

I didn’t see anything on pricing but I really dig these. I like that it’s skeletonized without really being skeletonized if that makes sense. Being able to see the balance wheel, bridges and micro rotor from both sides is very unique. Has a double barrel with an 80 hr power reserve and the size is right at 39.5mm.

https://www.watchtime.com/featured/r...otor-titanium/

Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 08:23 PM   #2
PJ S
Banned

That’s not the Logical One, it’s the Insight Micro–Rotor — https://www.ablogtowatch.com/romain-...anium-watches/

This is the Logical One (in Titanium), introduced 2 years after the original which came in Pt and RG only.
https://www.romaingauthier.com/freedom/logical-one
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 11:15 PM   #3
liu_watch
"TRF" Member

I really like his watches, minimalist skeletonized dial, very much in the spirit of Breguet La Tradition concept, built from ground up, instead of taking an existing caliber and then skeletonize to reveal all tiny bridges and parts...

From what I read, his watches are know for their technicalities, with state of the art machineries. The only issue, for me, is the price tag :-)

Sent using Tapatalk
liu_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 11:39 PM   #4
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
That’s not the Logical One, it’s the Insight Micro–Rotor — https://www.ablogtowatch.com/romain-...anium-watches/

This is the Logical One (in Titanium), introduced 2 years after the original which came in Pt and RG only.
https://www.romaingauthier.com/freedom/logical-one

Thanks for the correction. I guess I misread the article and the Insight Micro Rotor name makes more sense since it is so prominent.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 27 April 2018, 12:18 AM   #5
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

I am looking forward to seeing this in the metal. I love the Logical One, but it's too big for my wrist (for a watch of that price, everything should be perfect).

I like what RG is doing, from what I have read and see on YouTube (there's a good manufacture walk through with RG that someone posted last year which you should check out). And I do find his designs very appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 12:21 AM   #6
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

"Has a double barrel with an 80 hr power reserve and the size is right at 39.5mm."

Agree with you on the size here, the L1 at 43mm is a monster albeit a comfortable and light one in the Ti case. The Micro Rotor should be almost perfect if maybe just a little thick (but the case design will likely carry that thickness well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 April 2018, 05:31 AM   #7
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
I am looking forward to seeing this in the metal. I love the Logical One, but it's too big for my wrist (for a watch of that price, everything should be perfect).

I like what RG is doing, from what I have read and see on YouTube (there's a good manufacture walk through with RG that someone posted last year which you should check out).
Found it - thanks!

https://youtu.be/IE_tiLZH2sU
Old 29 April 2018, 06:25 AM   #8
gengar
"TRF" Member

USA AD price is $68,000 for the blue enamel Insight Micro-Rotor (MON00377).
gengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2018, 10:46 AM   #9
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
USA AD price is $68,000 for the blue enamel Insight Micro-Rotor (MON00377).

That makes it a lottery win or surprise inheritance watch for me. Gorgeous Watches though.
Old 30 April 2018, 12:45 AM   #10
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
That makes it a lottery win or surprise inheritance watch for me. Gorgeous Watches though.

Just wait for one to pop up preowned. You likely won't see many given production numbers but they'll show up.